how hard is it to build your own PC?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh thanks breh. I want a fast PC with good graphics that I could upgrade down the line with a good GTX card and maybe a better processor. The SSD is 240gb btw. Just tryna get the above 1080p graphics down the line. WHat you say breh ? ANy tips ?
I'd say get this memory module instead.
it's a single 8GB DDR3 notebook stick. It's a little cheaper than the one you posted and it'll allow you to get another one in the future to total 16gbs if you like.

The integrated graphics on the i5 won't perform miracles for gaming if that's what you're going to do but as of now for general tasks it should be fine. In the future you can always get a nice dedicated GPU like a GTX 760 to start.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I'd say get this memory module instead.
it's a single 8GB DDR3 notebook stick. It's a little cheaper than the one you posted and it'll allow you to get another one in the future to total 16gbs if you like.

The integrated graphics on the i5 won't perform miracles for gaming if that's what you're going to do but as of now for general tasks it should be fine. In the future you can always get a nice dedicated GPU like a GTX 760 to start.

My mobo says max memory is 8gb so that's why got it. ANy other memory you would suggest ?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mobo says max memory is 8gb so that's why got it. ANy other memory you would suggest ?
You're pretty much good with either one. If you want to use up both slots, go for the first one you had, if you want a cheaper solution and save one slot get the one I posted. I'd save a little change and get the 8GB stick since it's really no point in getting two sticks of ram for more money :yeshrug:.

edit: You've built a pc before right?

Last edited:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You're pretty much good with either one. If you want to use up both slots, go for the first one you had, if you want a cheaper solution and save one slot get the one I posted. I'd save a little change and get the 8GB stick since it's really no point in getting two sticks of ram for more money :yeshrug:.

what difference would usinmg one or boith slots make ? Also, let me repeat, my mobo has a total cap of 8 gb ram. wad u say breh ? :lupe:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what difference would usinmg one or boith slots make ? Also, let me repeat, my mobo has a total cap of 8 gb ram. wad u say breh ? :lupe:
I believe running two sticks makes them work in dual channel mode which is supposed to give slightly better performance but it's one of those things that seem really hard to notice. I'd say go with two sticks then.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
For what you are trying to do, it's good. Just make sure that you can expand for upgrade purposes.

I believe running two sticks makes them work in dual channel mode which is supposed to give slightly better performance but it's one of those things that seem really hard to notice. I'd say go with two sticks then.

Thx breh. Now, all the parts laying here and I m shook :wow:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Here I am with a laptop with a AMD dual-core processors 2.7 Ghz and 4gb of RAMS and 500 gb of hard drive space, and I am going to be a future computer tech soon and I don't have the top of the line equipment. I see you dudes are talking about 32 gb of RAMs :ohhh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Thx breh. Now, all the parts laying here and I m shook :wow:

make sure you mount you mobo correctly.
there are gonna be some spacers that go behind it in between the mobo and the case.
first time i built i put the brass spacers to the side and just said fukk it and my rig would not start up because it was shorting out.

if you have more than 2 ram slots make sure you have your ram sticks in the correct slots.
there should be instructions in the manual.

good luck and congrats breh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they probably never use more than 4...
Yup I'm starting to think 8GB ram is overkill for the moment. My cousins rig I built the other day only has 4GB ram DDR 3 1066mhz and his shyt is masticating games at 1440P.
ACIV is shytting out 50fps at 1440P on high settings. My rig which is comparable to his has 8GB and I'm hard pressed to a major difference. I told him to hold the RAM until more demanding games come out.