how hard is it to build your own PC?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thx breh. Now, all the parts laying here and I m shook :wow:
Whatever you do make sure she a th... wait wrong thread.

Whatever you do make sure you grounded breh. I was mad eager to install my new gfx card last year and in the frenzy I was atm since I had to go to work and shyt, forgot to ground myself and I ended up shorting the mobo. The shyt wouldn't boot up although the fans were spinning.

So in a nutshell
  • Ground yourself, avoid carpeted areas with socks.
  • When applying the paste on the CPU just put a blob of it on the chip the size of a grain of rice. Think of a grain of rice when you eating some diri a pwa kole. The heatsink of the fan should spread the paste around the CPU when you mount it on.
  • Be gentle with the wires and make sure you plug in two main connectors to the mobo which will probably be the 20 or 24 pin cable and I think a 4pin cable that's probably close to the CPU.
  • make sure that RAM stick sits properly and the tabs on the ends snap into place.
  • Take your time, you might mess up but as long as you don't do nothing stupid AKA drinking some champagne cola over your rig you should be skraight.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yup I'm starting to think 8GB ram is overkill for the moment. My cousins rig I built the other day only has 4GB ram DDR 3 1066mhz and his shyt is masticating games at 1440P.
ACIV is shytting out 50fps at 1440P on high settings. My rig which is comparable to his has 8GB and I'm hard pressed to a major difference. I told him to hold the RAM until more demanding games come out.

most games are 32 bit and can't use more than 2gb. a few are Large Address Aware, and can use up to 4. actual 64 bit games are pretty rare (BF4, COD Ghosts), but we're starting to see more

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
most games are 32 bit and can't use more than 2gb. a few are Large Address Aware, and can use up to 4. actual 64 bit games are pretty rare (BF4, COD Ghosts), but we're starting to see more
You got a GTX 660 right?? He should be good for a few years right?? I installed fraps on his shyt and showed him the frames and how higher was better but then the downside of that is you start to chase numbers and play less. I'm guilty of that so I told him just ignore that and play with what you like. If cinematic 24fps games are his cup of tea later down the road who am I to tell him to upgrade?

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
so many advice and so many tools breh. :wow:

Thx to all of you dudes that dropped the knowledge. I m off today but the carpet though :wow:

I m using the mobo plastic wrapper to do this and my table. Putting the CPU and the stick now. ABout to boot up soon to make sure mobo is not DOA :whew:

scared.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You got a GTX 660 right?? He should be good for a few years right?? I installed fraps on his shyt and showed him the frames and how higher was better but then the downside of that is you start to chase numbers and play less. I'm guilty of that so I told him just ignore that and play with what you like. If cinematic 24fps games are his cup of tea later down the road who am I to tell him to upgrade?

I have a 660. I don't know about "a few years", but he should be alright for a minute...

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I need to connect it and I have like 8 cables from the PSU. I hooked up the 125 v to the sata power, but again the board manual offers no instructions and no details onl;y 2 pages worth of specs. So, I need to knopw the voltage and the cables to hook up and where they should go

@Fatboi1 @daze23 @teacher

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to connect it and I have like 8 cables from the PSU. I hooked up the 125 v to the sata power, but again the board manual offers no instructions and no details onl;y 2 pages worth of specs. So, I need to knopw the voltage and the cables to hook up and where they should go

@Fatboi1 @daze23 @teacher
You don't need to know the voltage as everything should work out the box. Just connect the sata power cable to your hard drive, the 20(4) pin connector to the motherboard and that should be it.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You don't need to know the voltage as everything should work out the box. Just connect the sata power cable to your hard drive, the 20(4) pin connector to the motherboard and that should be it.

that's the thing. they all look a like and fit most connectors on the board. I read online somebody shorted the board like that.

I have 2 sata power cables (125v and 600v) and they both fit in nicely

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
basically, Amazon sent me a dead MOBO. WTH is that ? :dahell: :wow:

This pisses me off so much right now that I wanna go fight em. WTHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:snoop: