How far did Black Panther move up the list of All-Time Superhero Rankings?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
that was a another really good flik im surprised no one talked about.
real interesting shyt.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
While everyone knows who Superman is he has far less people than he used to calling him their favorite hero.
Batman and Spiderman definitely took that mantle from him and it is now a wide margin. Plus they are just as well known.

That’s fair I can agree with that, but that’s because supes has been treated like a dog these last 25 years. Outside of the DCAU supes hasn’t had any great media representation in a long, LONG time. And that was just a cartoon. But his status is status is cemented regardless and the moment they make a great movie again he will shoot back to the top imo.

And they may be as well known but they still don’t share the same prominent status. Think about how many SONGS have been written about Superman. Like actual hit songs. Bats and Spideys are icons no doubt but Supes is the default superhero template and always will be. Supes is so famous ppl use him as a verb!! So long as there is a superhero genre to celebrate, he will be a huge factor.

Remember man of steel was a REBOOT of a story everyone already knows and that movie still made 114 million opening weekend. If that movie were any good it obviously would have had a lot better legs and reached a billion.

The next GREAT superman movie, assuming they ever make one, would be a big deal.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s fair I can agree with that, but that’s because supes has been treated like a dog these last 25 years. Outside of the DCAU supes hasn’t had any great media representation in a long, LONG time. And that was just a cartoon. But his status is status is cemented regardless and the moment they make a great movie again he will shoot back to the top imo.

And they may be as well known but they still don’t share the same prominent status. Think about how many SONGS have been written about Superman. Like actual hit songs. Bats and Spideys are icons no doubt but Supes is the default superhero template and always will be. So long as there is a superhero genre to celebrate, he will be a huge factor.

Remember man of steel was a REBOOT of a story everyone already knows and that movie still made 114 million opening weekend.

The next GREAT superman movie, assuming they ever make one, would be a big deal.
Yeah, that's possible. But what about the idea that he is a hero from a different era and his persona doesn't play as well in a more cynical world?
If he does get that comeback moment I agree he could shoot back to the top. But I think that moment will be harder to create more than ever.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yeah, that's possible. But what about the idea that he is a hero from a different era and his persona doesn't play as well in a more cynical world?
If he does get that comeback moment I agree he could shoot back to the top. But I think that moment will be harder to create more than ever.

Lol you sound like Zach Snyder.

If marvel can make cap cool, there is no excuse.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Don't know about ranking, but I do know if I were building an 8-12 member "ultimate super hero team", dude would be in it:

Flash
Black Panther
Mr. Fantastic
Batman
Black Alice
Wanda Maximoff
Jean Grey
Meggan

Theme: brehs smart enough to know they get to chill and let brehettes with insane potential take care of everything.

While some of you guys stress and argue about this and trying to be "objective" with trying to bring up movies vs comics, you guys are missing the fact that any character is at the mercy of writers. This goes for both outlets.

What happens when Iron Man outshines BP in the upcoming Avengers: Infinite War series? You know they not about to have BP run the whole show, even if it did generate the money it did. It's useless to compare fictional characters because they could be re-written. Be a fan of whoever you want and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I agree. lol
I think it is the opposite. The boy scout lane is wide open. Especially on the DC side.

I'm honestly disappointed they didn't go with the golden god lane for superman. As much as some try to talk about how boring he is, he seems to be at his most popular when hes like that

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Don't know about ranking, but I do know if I were building an 8-12 member "ultimate super hero team", dude would be in it:

Flash
Black Panther
Mr. Fantastic
Batman
Black Alice
Wanda Maximoff
Jean Grey
Meggan

Theme: brehs smart enough to know they get to chill and let brehettes with insane potential take care of everything.

While some of you guys stress and argue about this and trying to be "objective" with trying to bring up movies vs comics, you guys are missing the fact that any character is at the mercy of writers. This goes for both outlets.

What happens when Iron Man outshines BP in the upcoming Avengers: Infinite War series? You know they not about to have BP run the whole show, even if it did generate the money it did. It's useless to compare fictional characters because they could be re-written. Be a fan of whoever you want and enjoy the ride.
nope!
nuh-uh!
too much baggage!

aint NOBODY got time to be dealing with that Phoenix bullshyt every other year!
:cambyaiplease:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I'm always amused by the fact that people are still incapable of accepting that someone can share your experience and have a completely different perspective.

I was raised in a household where God, wrestling, basketball, & comics were THE constants. I've kept up with all 4 through the years & I've never said "These people must not know _____ if they don't agree."

shyt is childish AF. :skip:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Christopher Reeves' Superman is still what they think about when they think Superman. People want to see clean cut boy scout but that's not really true to the character

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Christopher Reeves' Superman is still what they think about when they think Superman. People want to see clean cut boy scout but that's not really true to the character
Plus it's boring. It's the first Thor movie if you replace Jane with Lois Lane.
People need conflict to build interest. That can achieve one of two way, 1) Chacter overcoming his personal flaws to succeed(Supes has no flaws) 2) Character overcoming the odds to succeed (Supes is never the underdog. he's too invincible).
So what do they do? They find some Kryptonite over and over again to make him weak temporarily.

Solution? In my opinion it's easy. Keep his power at 100% all the time no more Kryptonite cheese(We want to see SUPERman not REGULARman)
Give him a more complex personality WITH flaws. Like Maybe he's not too bright, or Maybe he's a bit naive, Maybe he has anger issues, etc
Too often we get this invincible saint.