How far did Black Panther move up the list of All-Time Superhero Rankings?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus it's boring. It's the first Thor movie if you replace Jane with Lois Lane.
People need conflict to build interest. That can achieve one of two way, 1) Chacter overcoming his personal flaws to succeed(Supes has no flaws) 2) Character overcoming the odds to succeed (Supes is never the underdog. he's too invincible).
So what do they do? They find some Kryptonite over and over again to make him weak temporarily.

Solution? In my opinion it's easy. Keep his power at 100% all the time no more Kryptonite cheese(We want to see SUPERman not REGULARman)
Give him a more complex personality WITH flaws. Like Maybe he's not too bright, or Maybe he's a bit naive, Maybe he has anger issues, etc
Too often we get this invincible saint.
We got a more human Superman with Zach Snyder (which is pretty much John Byrne's Superman) and people complained even though Zach didn't get a chance to finish Superman's arc.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
We got a more human Superman with Zach Snyder (which is pretty much John Byrne's Superman) and people complained even though Zach didn't get a chance to finish Superman's arc.
That was actually my favorite one. I hated the fact that people complained because they pretty much guaranteed that we will never have another good Superman movie. I feel like people will start to appreciate it more as time goes on.
Studios from now on are going to try make every Superman movie light and funny like Adam West Batman.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fixed

There was nothing 'more human' about Snyder's Superman.

Unless you think being 'more human' implies more moping around and being unsure of yourself.
:ld:
You got to remember that he was raised like you and I, but with powers that made him feel and become an outsider. Also finding out he wasn't even from Earth was another blow and he watched his dad sacrifice himself instead of having Clark reveal his powers. Hard to put a smile on your face after that.
Going by the novelization that was based on the script, there were a number of scenes cut that would've showed glimpses of Superman people wanted.

Like I mentioned before, the character arc wasn't finished so you didn't get to see the character develop all the way.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:ld:
You got to remember that he was raised like you and I, but with powers that made him feel and become an outsider.

this was the case in the 78 movie as well, only that clark actually had a father figure who set him on the right path so that by the time he donned the cape he already knew what his purpose was.

Like I mentioned before, the character arc wasn't finished so you didn't get to see the character develop all the way.

not sure if we saw him develop at all tbh.

they had a 2 whole movies to 'complete his arc'. no excuses.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this was the case in the 78 movie as well, only that clark actually had a father figure who set him on the right path so that by the time he donned the cape he already knew what his purpose was.

not sure if we saw him develop at all tbh.

they had a 2 whole movies to 'complete his arc'. no excuses.
The arc was suppose to be from Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, and Justice League part 1 & 2.

1978 Superman is based on the silver age comics. Zach's Superman is John Byrne's Superman. Even back then when Byrne rebooted Superman some silver age fans didn't care from the more grounded Superman

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The arc was suppose to be from Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, and Justice League part 1 & 2.

1978 Superman is based on the silver age comics. Zach's Superman is John Byrne's Superman. Even back then when Byrne rebooted Superman some silver age fans didn't care from the more grounded Superman

ahem....

Superman-flying.jpg

ma-and-pa-1-580x860.jpg

MOS was the complete opposite of this.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could you show me the parts that resemble MOS to you?
I got volumes 1-9 on my comixology/Kindle fire and I'm not going to go back through them but it isn't so much certain pages but the overall tone and the way Clark acts and thinks throughout the run that shows similarities to what we saw in the DCEU