How does a small town Bama have the authority to speak on the origins of hip hop ?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Ralph McDaniels is Jamaican & his Hip Hop documentary leaves out many of the original FBAs who were involved with the foundation/origins of Rap/Hip Hop.

:stopitslime:

Ralph McDaniels literally started the first official Rap music video show in the early 80's. Ralph is the man behind making countless classic rap videos including Ice Cream by Raekwon, Protect Ya Neck by Wu Tang, It Aint Hard To Tell by Nas. Video Music Box created the shout out.

Ralph is over qualified to speak on the origins of Hip Hop. GTFOH.

:camby:

If you are talking about the Cholly Rock video's response to the Founding Fathers docu, that had absolutly nothing to do with ethnicity and moreso who was really involved with Hip Hop in the early 70's. Cholly Rock didnt say shyt about ethnicity, he was stressing who the Disco DJs were from the actual Hip Hop DJs. That was his gripe not ethnicity. The ethnicity convo was something Tariq( who isn't even a part of hip hop) made up out of thin air all after the fact. Nobody was using the term "FBA" till after the year 2019.

Last edited:

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
:stopitslime:

Ralph McDaniels literally started the first official Rap music video show in the early 80's. Ralph is the man behind making countless classic rap videos including Ice Cream by Raekwon, Protect Ya Neck by Wu Tang, It Aint Hard To Tell by Nas. Video Music Box created the shout out.

No shyt sherlock. This is common knowledge. :unimpressed:

Ralph is over qualified to speak on the origins of Hip Hop. GTFOH.

:camby:

fukk Ralph McDaniels watered down Hip Hop documentary & fukk you too bytch nikka.

Ralph McDaniels is neither the first nor the last to create a Hip Hop documentary exploring the roots & essence of Hip Hop/Rap.

If you are talking about the Cholly Rock video's response to the Founding Fathers docu, that had absolutly nothing to do with ethnicity and moreso who was really involved with Hip Hop in the early 70's. Cholly Rock didnt say shyt about ethnicity, he was stressing who the Disco DJs were from the actual Hip Hop DJs. That was his gripe not ethnicity. The ethnicity convo was something Tariq( who isn't even a part of hip hop) made up out of thin air all after the fact. Nobody was using the term "FBA" till after the year 2019.

giphy.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Ralph McDaniels already did it back in 2011 when Tariq was still claiming Kool Herc started Hip Hop. This documentary has been out for 13 years already.

That docu was more about the DJ/music scene and little about the early MCs. It doesn't touch on bboys or specifically the "HipHop" aesthetic

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I'll never forget I had some New York Ass muhfukkas tryna tell me how Juneteenth is supposed to be celebrated back when it became a national holiday... "Ayo son, word is bond, you gotta use Red White and Blue" :rudy:
He is a Black American. And rap/hip-hop is a Black American musical artform.

:manny:
But he's not ADONY/FBNY. He's "tethering" on and tryna "lump himself in" over so called sameness.

I don't make the rules, yall did.
NYC been gatekeeping :manny:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Ralph McDaniels is Jamaican & his Hip Hop documentary leaves out many of the original FBAs who were involved with the foundation/origins of Rap/Hip Hop.

Nah, He mentioned FBAs in that docu, the biggest being, Grand Master Flowers (South Carolina)

and the other being, Pete Dj Jones (North Carolina)