Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Stealing
Chronic underperformance
Tardiness and Absenteeism
Sexual harassment
Taking money from vendors

Everything else is probably covered in work guidelines.

I got fired for something stupid a decade ago that fell under work guidelines, but they were going through a mass layoff and they bent the rules and used it as a reason to not give me any kind of package.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got fired from my first real IT support job. It was a small office of like 30-ish people. There wasn't that much for me to do. After only a month on the job, I had to go to jury duty for a month. Then a couple of weeks later, my manager left. They put me under a solutions architect who provided zero guidance. It just kept going downhill from there.

Eventually they made an HR person my manager and every meeting with her seemed to be another complaint about me. They left me go with a bit of severance. This was back in 2017, so it was really hard interviewing for a new gig when I had to be in office 100% of the time.

In sales, if you’re not putting numbers up, your days are numbered. Especially if you leave on time every day and don’t at least make it appear you feel that pressure.

I’ve seen plenty people get comfortable and get called to the office.
I remember at one job I had, the sales team used to go somewhere overseas every year... unless you didn't meet your quota. I talked to the sales people, if you got assigned a shytty region, then the job sucked.

My coworker: Hey, how come you aren't going to Portugal with the rest of the sales team?
Guy on the sales team: I didn't meet quota...

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I got fired from my first real IT support job. It was a small office of like 30-ish people. There wasn't that much for me to do. After only a month on the job, I had to go to jury duty for a month. Then a couple of weeks later, my manager left. They put me under a solutions architect who provided zero guidance. It just kept going downhill from there.

Eventually they made an HR person my manager and every meeting with her seemed to be another complaint about me. They left me go with a bit of severance. This was back in 2017, so it was really hard interviewing for a new gig when I had to be in office 100% of the time.

I remember at one job I had, the sales team used to go somewhere overseas every year... unless you didn't meet your quota. I talked to the sales people, if you got assigned a shytty region, then the job sucked.

My coworker: Hey, how come you aren't going to Portugal with the rest of the sales team?
Guy on the sales team: I didn't meet quota...

There are definitely politics in sales. If you’re liked, you can get away with murder and get better treatment (leads, invites, etc.) I used to work with a cat who was an obvious cokehead, but also a good bullshytter and could talk most people into anything.

He was wilding at work. Taking 2 hour lunches to fukk this white chick, talking about fukking strippers, etc. He was selling, so they kept him around.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Better to fire people face to face out of respect.
When I worked in Big Tech, they would closed the office, cut off access to any work stuff, and send you an email to your personal account. They didn't give a fukk. They just wanted to make sure that no one was able to fukk anything up in retaliation.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In sales, if you’re not putting numbers up, your days are numbered. Especially if you leave on time every day and don’t at least make it appear you feel that pressure.

:russ:

I’ve seen plenty people get comfortable and get called to the office.
At least sales is black and white. Hit quota and you're good, if you're not then start job searching.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i worked IT inventory at a big tech company through a contractor company. Team of around 20 people, Black and Latino except for like 3 people.

A few of the guys were stealing old Mac laptops by fudging the inventory in the computer. They got caught when a new breh was training and figured out what they were doing. It was never officially confirmed that he snitched, but he did.

Same job: A dweeb breh was fired for being incompetent. He struggled with things like setting up monitor arms for users. And there's nothing wrong with that, by he wouldn't listen to us when we all tried to help him.

Same job again: We were allowed to order supplies without much oversight. Like boxes, box cutters, tape, etc. At least one breh ordered a bunch of candy a few times and got away with it.

Another dude on the team ordered a fukking rooma for the inventory room. He was fired.

Same job, best one: We would go drinking after work. It was big tech, so sometimes we'd go back to the office late at night (and drunk) for snacks and company swag. A breh on our team exposed himself to one of the cute security guard chicks.

This was all in a little less than 2 years

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Stealing
Chronic underperformance
Tardiness and Absenteeism
Sexual harassment
Taking money from vendors

Everything else is probably covered in work guidelines.

I got fired for something stupid a decade ago that fell under work guidelines, but they were going through a mass layoff and they bent the rules and used it as a reason to not give me any kind of package.

Shyt, they will give u pass if they like u enough

Just bring in documentation to cover your ass and you should be str8.

It’s only a issue once u make things hot and the higher ups know.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
some guy i met in high school once got fired from his first job in fast food by telling the woman training him to show him how to put his meat between her buns.

:picard::picard:

Did this dude not know that was sexual harassment.

:why:

If homey was trying to get some trim on the job, cool.

Just be low key and smooth with it