How do I drop 35 lbs and be lean by June?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Damn i thought yall would have some crazy tricks to get fit fast:mjcry:
It's not easy but it's very simple

Eat less, do more :manny: 35lbs in 3 months (~13 weeks) is ridiculous though, you might as well throw your summer in the garbage.

Then again, if you really are 16-19% and you want to get down to 10%, you won't need to lose anywhere near 35lbs. So one of your parameters is wrong.

Art Norm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:how hard was it getting started?

It takes dedication for sure. I did it cold turkey. One day I realized how :flabbynsick: I had gotten. I started at 230, last time I weighed was a few days ago, I was at 178, my goal is 165. I really just cut out all the bullshyt. Fast food, sodas, candy/junk food. I'll endulge every now and then, but it's pretty rare that I do. Started counting calories, weighing out portions, and walking. Ain't no telling how many calories I was eating beforehand, and cutting calories like that had me feeling sluggish. Took my body about a week to adjust. Transitioning to keto wasn't too bad because I wasn't eating much carbs beforehand.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:whoa: not trying to die here.

:mjlol: aight serious response.

Engage in an excessive amount of daily LISS cardio while eating a small deficit. I'm talking 10-13 miles a day of walking (roughly 3-4hrs of treadmill). This will help lose the most fat while saving the most lean tissue and minimizing negative metabolic damage as much as possible.

No way this works right?

Already field tested: Keeping TDEE high is no joke. - BodyRecomposition Support Forums

Yes it's excessive. Yes it requires much effort. Yes it will take up a large amount of your time. Yes, it works.

Now... you about that life or nah? :sas1:

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
It's not easy but it's very simple

Eat less, do more :manny: 35lbs in 3 months (~13 weeks) is ridiculous though, you might as well throw your summer in the garbage.

Then again, if you really are 16-19% and you want to get down to 10%, you won't need to lose anywhere near 35lbs. So one of your parameters is wrong.

Eat less do more sounds simple enough. guess i gotta ramp up the activity. should have started in january:francis:

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
It takes dedication for sure. I did it cold turkey. One day I realized how :flabbynsick: I had gotten. I started at 230, last time I weighed was a few days ago, I was at 178, my goal is 165. I really just cut out all the bullshyt. Fast food, sodas, candy/junk food. I'll endulge every now and then, but it's pretty rare that I do. Started counting calories, weighing out portions, and walking. Ain't no telling how many calories I was eating beforehand, and cutting calories like that had me feeling sluggish. Took my body about a week to adjust. Transitioning to keto wasn't too bad because I wasn't eating much carbs beforehand.
gotta respect the self-discipline. :salute: hopefully i can follow in your footsteps and get this weight off.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: aight serious response.

Engage in an excessive amount of daily LISS cardio while eating a small deficit. I'm talking 10-13 miles a day of walking (roughly 3-4hrs of treadmill). This will help lose the most fat while saving the most lean tissue and minimizing negative metabolic damage as much as possible.

No way this works right?

Already field tested: Keeping TDEE high is no joke. - BodyRecomposition Support Forums

Yes it's excessive. Yes it requires much effort. Yes it will take up a large amount of your time. Yes, it works.

Now... you about that life or nah? :sas1:
3 hours walking??? cant i just substitute with 1 hour ball runs or does it have to be LISS?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eat less do more sounds simple enough. guess i gotta ramp up the activity. should have started in january:francis:
Not necessarily. I saw your numbers.... your math was just off. If you are 20% body fat at 215 then you have 172lb of lean mass. So to get to 10% body fat you'd need to get down to 172 * 1.1 = 189.2 which is about 26lbs. Aggressive for 3 months but doable. Definitely doable in 4 months, which if you started soon would have you cut up around the end of July. Keep in mind if you are really on your shyt you will be pretty lean well before you hit your goal. I like to cut so I hit my low weight right around mid/late July or a little earlier so I can carb up and bask in the glory of the rebound. But yea you are OK

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
I'm 6 foot, 215 lbs and want to get to 180 and lean with muscle.

body-composition-chart-men.jpg.pagespeed.ce.6Jp7tL4OmH.jpg

My body currently looks like the 16-19% pic and want to get the 8-10% body in 3 months.
I was wondering what steps should I take? Should i focus on cardio first to burn the fat or just start lifting?

I did starting strength for about 2 weeks 2 years ago and my lifts were: 135 bench, 225 deaflift and 135 squat. Any advice?
Run
Somebody said 8 hrs of sleep that's where ya muscles recover and grow

Eliminate STRESS -cortisol goes straight to ya lower stomach
Compound lifts work
The thing that holds ppl back is genetics and muscle insertion

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
3 hours walking??? cant i just substitute with 1 hour ball runs or does it have to be LISS?

You can do whatever you want.

What I laid out is to specifically achieve:

(1) lose the most fat while (2)saving the most lean tissue and (3) minimizing metabolic damage as much as possible.

...in a very short amount of time, like you asked. The link included has real examples of "20lbs in 7 weeks" type reports. Participants not only experienced rapid fat loss, they felt infinitely better than their previous diets where the deficit was achieved through tanking calories and minimal LISS cardio.

Substituting daily walking for running will negate the 2nd and 3rd point. If those aren't important, just run a low calorie keto diet or a protein-sparing modified fast with some lifting and call it a day. Good luck.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yep, speaking from experience LIISS (low impact/intensity steady state) cardio will get you as right as possible but it takes time. On my cut last year I was dropping up to 1.5lbs/week while still making gains. Felt great too. Like I said... not easy but very simple.