How did DC end up Larry Holmes in pop culture while Marvel ended up so popular? (no troll post)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
DC has marvel beat overwhelmingly in quality Jessica Jones nor this show called Peggy make the least bit of difference.
it's actually very one sided with the exception of movies which Marvel flood the market with every summer, same formula with a different name.

Let's talk movie soundtracks no Marvel character has a distinguishing theme like Danny Elfman's Batman and the Supes theme.

DC animation alone is bettering any movie, show marvel related.
I don't watch most of the shows mentioned so I can't compare them just saying you didn't mention them.
And if Marvel is flooding the market or whatever it's working. Quality is subjective, you obviously like the DC movies better. Not everyone agrees with you.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Video games is what made me more of a Marvel fan compared to DC.

Capcom got that license to do video games and did fukking gods work. X-men vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, thats how I became interested in the obscure ass characters like War Machine and Dr. Doom. 2000s had incredible classics, Spiderman games couldn't lose, The Avengers games were piff and you had constant games based off the movies.

If you would have tried to put spiderman in teh same tier as Superman and Batman in the 90s you'd have gotten laughed at. But Spidey is a fukking force now, legit worldwide fame and forced his way into the holy trinity with Bats and Supes.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I want to see this thread by the end of 2018 and see where DC and Marvel holds up in quality of movies :sas1:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
DC fukked up by letting everybody fukk them superman movies/tv shows up. And they start a "universe" until after marvel did. Also, DC is just now digging in the crates with Suicide Squad. They should have been had a Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies. Them DC animated movies was flames tho. But Marvel just made better moves and that X-men cartoon was the truth. That phoenix saga was like an event for nikkas in my school.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Marvel looking :flabbynsick: in the video game department now. :patrice:I thought Disney would put some money in the tank the way the MCU is clicking.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When people say "Marvel is killing DC in the movie game" I have no idea what they're talking about. The last two Batman joints made over a billion and Man of Steel made over $600M. Only Green Lantern sucked.

Certain people want to forget/leave out the Nolan run :manny:

That's still Warner Bros. Pictures. It's all Warner Bros. Pictures. Meanwhile, nikkas wanna talk Deadpool, Marvel is making nothing off that joint. It's FOX.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
simple

they did not give the push to snowflame :yeshrug::yeshrug:

3543170-snowflame_zps434832f7.jpg

no, but seriously
dc kept having way too many titles with Batman and superman and they just got boring after awhile
its the reason why they reboot every few years
cocaine superhero :dwillhuh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
When people say "Marvel is killing DC in the movie game" I have no idea what they're talking about. The last two Batman joints made over a billion and Man of Steel made over $600M. Only Green Lantern sucked.

Certain people want to forget/leave out the Nolan run :manny:

That's still Warner Bros. Pictures. It's all Warner Bros. Pictures. Meanwhile, nikkas wanna talk Deadpool, Marvel is making nothing off that joint. It's FOX.
that's 4 movies to what?? 3 iron man's... the 1 hulk was part of the universe as well... 2 caps and 1 on the way... antman... deadpool... x-men.... i mean come on.... they don't mean marvel studios

they mean marvel comic movies are kicking ass

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Marvel had an in-house studio commited to continuity and they're catering to the youth. Which means in 20 years when the cats complaining now about the flicks being kiddy are :flabbynsick:, Marvel will have a whole new generation in love with their characters. Meanwhile DC films are being run by Warner bros. without a DC film division for checks and balances, and the dark shyt might not go over with young audiences. I don't know though cause I loved shyt like blade as a youth and that was R-rated. But todays kids will be tommorow's adults and said adults will associate marvel characters with fun times in their youth. Including obscure properties like Rocket rac00n, and darker characters like ultron and ronan. Can't hate on that. Marvel's playing the long game. DC tried that with Green lantern and tanked cause the dialogue was comicbooky/pedestrian for a movie and Hal's/ the corps' costume was shyt