How did DC end up Larry Holmes in pop culture while Marvel ended up so popular? (no troll post)

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Marvel builds their characters around their humanity while with DC you're supposed to look at them as gods in their own world. That's always been the most interesting contrast in the two brands. I'm not a comic head like my pops is but that's how he explained it to me and I agree.

As far as preference I usually go with DC when it comes to animation because I've always felt they did the source material better. BTAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Static Shock, not to mention the top films are better than best Marvel has put out which to me is Spectacular Spiderman and XmenTAS. TV wise Marvel is kicking ass with AOS and the Netflix Series' while really only Flash is good while Smallvillie, Arrow, and the rest are incredibly inconsistent or start good then turn bad. Gotham's nice but the jury's out.

Meanwhile, Marvel's always been a great movie property with duds here or there but it's hard to compare things here when these companies are finally getting full control over their properties. It's a new frontier that Marvel is for sure looking better right now but I'd like to give DC the benefit because their were some real positives in BvS in particular I liked how they came out and showcased the power levels of the characters and built a sense of danger. Right now with Marvel I feel like none of the characters are truly in danger and everything is kinda happy-go-lucky until the main villain shows up. But on the flipside BvS was so dark sometimes it was laughably emo. Like I was expecting Bats to start cutting his wrist after branding criminals :mjlol:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I grew up on xmen cartoon and batman... Both shows were good but xmen was way more interesting, batman the character is boring as fukk... Same can be siad about superman.

Marvel just has better characters by far.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Meanwhile, Marvel's always been a great movie property with duds here or there but it's hard to compare things here when these companies are finally getting full control over their properties. It's a new frontier that Marvel is for sure looking better right now but I'd like to give DC the benefit because their were some real positives in BvS in particular I liked how they came out and showcased the power levels of the characters and built a sense of danger. Right now with Marvel I feel like none of the characters are truly in danger and everything is kinda happy-go-lucky until the main villain shows up. But on the flipside BvS was so dark sometimes it was laughably emo. Like I was expecting Bats to start cutting his wrist after branding criminals :mjlol:

In all honesty tho...... Since IM..... Marvel really hasn't had any bad "duds" I mean of the 13 and yes they can be ranked 1-13. The 13th Marvel movie is still better than a F4 reboot, Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3, reboot Spider-Man, etc.

In short.... There are no "Jonah Hex's" on the main 13.

Also the lack of danger thing, I think that's not true and not fair to use against Marvel. Cuz if we wanna go that route then in DC's best movie TDK, when ever was Batman ever in danger in that movie?

And Ohhhhhhh noooooooo, don't "let's now talk about the dangers that the villain caused on X city or character" because then we gonna have to include the same in Marvel movies.

Low Key, the Dark Elf was more of a threat to Thor than Joker to Batman.

Let's compare; Joker came into Bruce party in his condo, made some jokes and didn't harm one person.... Oh and ate some shrimp, drank some wine, and broke a wine glass.

Dark Elf came to Odin's palace, killed a 3rd of the soldiers and citizens, released some prisoners, destroyed the main hall of the palace, killed Thor's mom and Odin's wife...... Had Odin like :whoa: "Wait, we can't go after him just yet!"

The final thing I wanna say is, in the grande scheme of things.... The DC movies really ain't all that Dark.

Snyder exposed that when he through shot at DC, this the same guy that once said if he would've did Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne would've got raped in prison!:heh:

He said "HE" makes DARK movies and DC just makes "COOL" movies.

"Ooooh! He went to a Tibet temple to train to be a ninja, I wanna do that!" - Zack Snyder

:pachaha:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Cause dc besides batman is garbaaaaage

Garbage

:trash:

:russell:
Tired as fukk. Superman is their biggest hero and is lame as fukk. Wonder woman? Flash? Lol. How many flashes have their been? Green lanterns. Noone cares. Thats why theirs 6 of em.

Nothing in dc touching spiderman. Noone in dc touching wolverine. Noone in dc touching b level characters like ghost rider, blade, morbius, daredevil or punisher.

Their charactets have no depth no matter all the "great writing" they have. Best thing dc has besides batman is watchmen and thats not even really dc.

And dont give me "marvel" bit off dc with all their characters cause everything dc does marvel does better

Your best villain is a homicidal clown. Dude is sabretooth level (whos one of the goats but isnt magneto doom or sinister)

Your best hero is daredevil with money. And before batman was redone by frank miller he redid daredevil first. Stop biting dc.

fukk dc

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause dc besides batman is garbaaaaage

Garbage

:trash:

:russell:
Tired as fukk. Superman is their biggest hero and is lame as fukk. Wonder woman? Flash? Lol. How many flashes have their been? Green lanterns. Noone cares. Thats why theirs 6 of em.

Nothing in dc touching spiderman. Noone in dc touching wolverine. Noone in dc touching b level characters like ghost rider, blade, morbius, daredevil or punisher.

Their charactets have no depth no matter all the "great writing" they have. Best thing dc has besides batman is watchmen and thats not even really dc.

And dont give me "marvel" bit off dc with all their characters cause everything dc does marvel does better

Your best villain is a homicidal clown. Dude is sabretooth level (whos one of the goats but isnt magneto doom or sinister)

Your best hero is daredevil with money. And before batman was redone by frank miller he redid daredevil first. Stop biting dc.

fukk dc

:mjlol:

Daps
:smugbiden:
gotta love that "you mad" shyt
as a Mar-FOOL what the fukk is there to be mad about?! :deadmanny:

Dark Knight trilogy touted as being so great due to the Joker :francis:
dont nobody give a shyt about the other 2 fliks
muthafukkas basically slapped the word trilogy on one movie :sadbagmj:

Y'all mad because batman is sh!tting on Marvel.

That's why y'all complain everytime he's brought up.

Those batman films made best trilogy. The best three consecutive films you're gonna get. The dark knight was built around around batman btw.

That was a batman film not a joker film.

Unlike Ironman who y'all say is the most popular, but he can't sell as much by himself compared to batman.:dame:

Y'all tried to give him 100% credit for movies that ain't even his.:mjlol:

The only reason why y'all got the edge on movies is because y'all put out more.

Dc is still the standard.:smugfavre:

Y'all can put out as many films as y'all want, but DC still hold the crown as the best.:russ:

Suicide squad:myman:

Stay tuned:whew:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin

Those batman films made best trilogy. The best three consecutive films you're gonna get. The dark knight was built around around batman btw.

Unlike Ironman who y'all say is the most popular, but he can't sell as much by himself compared to batman.:dame:

Y'all can put out as many films as y'all want, but DC still hold the crown as the best.:russ:

Hey bruh. The fact that IRONMAN who prior to being robert downey jr was a fukking c list hero nobody and came in and crushed all the buildings while dc can barely get superman off the ground is a testament to how shyt dc is.

Kida who liked dc growing up were dorks. Tell me im lying i can find receipts.

Batman is ill. Thats it.

Daps
Hey bruh. The fact that IRONMAN who prior to being robert downey jr was a fukking c list hero nobody and came in and crushed all the buildings while dc can barely get superman off the ground is a testament to how shyt dc is.

Kida who liked dc growing up were dorks. Tell me im lying i can find receipts.

Batman is ill. Thats it.

Man of steel was a success:manny:

Kids who liked dc growing had exquisite taste in cartoons. They actually knew what to look out for.

Batman the animation series also known as the GOAT :wow:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
In all honesty tho...... Since IM..... Marvel really hasn't had any bad "duds" I mean of the 13 and yes they can be ranked 1-13. The 13th Marvel movie is still better than a F4 reboot, Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3, reboot Spider-Man, etc.

In short.... There are no "Jonah Hex's" on the main 13.

Also the lack of danger thing, I think that's not true and not fair to use against Marvel. Cuz if we wanna go that route then in DC's best movie TDK, when ever was Batman ever in danger in that movie?

And Ohhhhhhh noooooooo, don't "let's now talk about the dangers that the villain caused on X city or character" because then we gonna have to include the same in Marvel movies.

Low Key, the Dark Elf was more of a threat to Thor than Joker to Batman.

Let's compare; Joker came into Bruce party in his condo, made some jokes and didn't harm one person.... Oh and ate some shrimp, drank some wine, and broke a wine glass.

Dark Elf came to Odin's palace, killed a 3rd of the soldiers and citizens, released some prisoners, destroyed the main hall of the palace, killed Thor's mom and Odin's wife...... Had Odin like :whoa: "Wait, we can't go after him just yet!"

The final thing I wanna say is, in the grande scheme of things.... The DC movies really ain't all that Dark.

Snyder exposed that when he through shot at DC, this the same guy that once said if he would've did Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne would've got raped in prison!:heh:

He said "HE" makes DARK movies and DC just makes "COOL" movies.

"Ooooh! He went to a Tibet temple to train to be a ninja, I wanna do that!" - Zack Snyder

:pachaha:
Iron Man 2 is worse than the Spiderman's to me but it's true even the worst Marvel does is watchable. As far as a sense of danger I was more speaking on how the characters react to the situations in the films. The MCU seems to follow DIsney's formula for plots in that you'll have the characters joking around, then joking around under conflict, then getting dramatic towards the end. And it's not a knock really because Disney's been making money off that formula for generations, worked with Star Wars too. In BvS from the jump I felt the stakes were high and the situations were grave. My problem was it went so deep that it became too serious. Snyder made that work with Watchmen because he could just stick to the source material but here he made the plot too brooding.
In contrast the Netflix shows are kinda the inbetween with these two which is why I'm looking forward to the culmination of that as much as seeing Infinity War and
Darkseid Invasion play out.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
Man of steel was a success:manny:
660 million...

DEADPOOL DID 760
GOTG DID 770

shyt squeeeeezed by thor 2 lol

dont let me go into ironman and thor aka marvel b team. Dont compare supermans popularity to these guys. i didnt even know gotg before the movie dropped and im a marvel stan.

Deadpool was a niche hero and now hes a superstar making more money than SUPERMAN

movie was a failure. They needed batman to draw.

Dc sucks bro

Daps
660 million...

DEADPOOL DID 760
GOTG DID 770

shyt squeeeeezed by thor 2 lol

dont let me go into ironman and thor aka marvel b team. Dont compare supermans popularity to these guys. i didnt even know gotg before the movie dropped and im a marvel stan.

Deadpool was a niche hero and now hes a superstar making more money than SUPERMAN

movie was a failure. They needed batman to draw.

Dc sucks bro

Superman is still more recognizable than deadpool.:beli:

The thought of comparing deadpool to superman has me weak:mjlol:

Superman has a lot of content that spans throughout decades so it makes sense that other lesser known heroes` movies would do more numbers than superman as far as a movie goes.

By all means don't let a few movies fool you into thinking that they're more popular than superman. It's pure blasphemy.:skip:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

maaaaaan you dont take this garbage ass posting back to the fukkin BOOTH! :heh:

only shyt im mad about is the cost of my goddamn car insurance :mjcry:

@Bryan Danielson
get em!:lintokeup:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
Superman is still more recognizable than deadpool.:beli:

The thought of comparing deadpool to superman has me weak:mjlol:

Superman has a lot of content that spans throughout decades so it makes sense that other lesser known heroes` movies would do more numbers than superman as far as a movie goes.

By all means don't let a few movies fool you into thinking that they're more popular than superman. It's pure blasphemy.:skip:
Than why deadpool movie do better. Hes got a game. Is key in a few books

All ya wrote is just proof dc is horrid

Dc aint shyt got d level herors killin em at the box office