How Did Anyone Figure Out Beat Psycho Mantis Back In The Day?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Why do folks on here act like if you weren’t living in a single room shack with 17 family members you’re not really black?! :hhh:

We weren’t rich but we had internet back then. Everyone had those AOL
disc..
I didn't have no fukking AOL disc in '98 so shut up :rudy:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
So stop equating blackness with coming up struggling & not having the internet :dahell:
who said anything about blackness? I just told I didn't have any AOL disc in '98

most people I know didn't get the internet till around the turn of the century when it became a must

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I had the internet, but the difference was that back then people just used the internet for chatrooms. I was aware that I could find shyt online, but word of mouth was the way that I made it past an area I was stuck in.
word of mouth was always some fukkery tho :mjlol:
I remember friends at school saying we can unlock Luigi in Mario 64.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
you really think death stranding, Sony’s golden child, a game likely to be more movie than game, won’t get the VR treatment :usure: bet

It depends. We really don't know wtf Kojima is up to. I'd like to think tho if Death Stranding was in VR he would have said something by now.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
It depends. We really don't know wtf Kojima is up to. I'd like to think tho if Death Stranding was in VR he would have said something by now.
You’re acting like 90% of the game isn’t under wraps though

This is a potential cash cow & system seller for Sony and it just makes total business sense to connect it to VR and move units off the strength of this title

Edit: google just said shut the fukk up and I don’t know shyt so there’s that

Death Stranding Is Not a VR Game

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
You’re acting like 90% of the game isn’t under wraps though

This is a potential cash cow & system seller for Sony and it just makes total business sense to connect it to VR and move units off the strength of this title

Edit: google just said shut the fukk up and I don’t know shyt so there’s that

Death Stranding Is Not a VR Game

Low key we should be thankful. We've already been saved from Silent Hills coming out and that would've been in VR fasho :lupe:

I didnt want no parts of that fukkery :hubie:

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
metal_gear_solid_hidden_horror_playstation_classic.png

plugging your controller into the second port? :mindblown: how did folks back then figure it out without the ability to google it?

that shyt woulda stumped me :hubie:
Bruh I put it on everything I love I just did it out of pure desperation. A young sandman spent hours trying to figure it out.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is the same game that you had to look at the back of the game case to find the code to call Meryl for the first time.
This type of creativity just doesn't exist in games anymore and is why I consider Kojima one of the GOATS despite the foolishness that happened with MGSVTPP.
MGS on PS1 was full of innovation. Remember Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and telling you about yourself?
I remember losing my mind the first time I fought him and he told me: "Ohhhh you like Suikoooodeeeennn?"
Then he proceeds to tell me how I've been reckless and haven't saved often.
That Psycho Mantis fight is brilliant. Remember when he tells you to put the controller down and makes it move?
I can't think of any other game that had so many unique things going on at once.
The only other game I would say that comes close is Eternal Darkness on gamecube.

I was getting ready to go to work and I was playing this. I was near the end, like in that church/infirmary thing and I go to save before I leave. The damn game was appearing to delete my save. I was at work all day, heated as fukk, thinking my shyt was lost. Only to be some shyt pulled on me by silicon knights.