How Did Anyone Figure Out Beat Psycho Mantis Back In The Day?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This was actually easy. I just kept fukking up until the Colonel told me what to do. I even figured out Meryl. But I did kinda cheat because I was the only one with a Playstation, so my friends would come over to watch me play. So I had like four heads thinking about shyt.

The game that fukked me up though, for a good two years, was X-Men for the Genesis. Before you get to the last stage, Asteroid M, you're back in the danger room in front of the computer, and the shyt says "Reset The Computer." What the fukk you mean reset the computer. I'm punching around and everything thinking I gotta hit something. Two years! Two fukking years!!!:russell:

So I'm home for a snow day one day. Haven't touched X-Men in forever. fukk that game. But I had no other new games. I play the shyt and get near the end. "Reset The Computer." I'm bored, so fukk it, I'll give the game another play through and press reset. All these 0100010000100000111111 come on the screen. :mindblown: Why the fukk didn't they just say reset the game:noah:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Just went around Hyrule killing random monsters for MONTHS :mjcry:
Didn’t think I’d ever continue on

That happened to my goofy ass too and I still managed to not to get frustrated. :wow:

I miss the patience I had for games back then.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
This is the same game that you had to look at the back of the game case to find the code to call Meryl for the first time.
This type of creativity just doesn't exist in games anymore and is why I consider Kojima one of the GOATS despite the foolishness that happened with MGSVTPP.
MGS on PS1 was full of innovation. Remember Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and telling you about yourself?
I remember losing my mind the first time I fought him and he told me: "Ohhhh you like Suikoooodeeeennn?"
Then he proceeds to tell me how I've been reckless and haven't saved often.
That Psycho Mantis fight is brilliant. Remember when he tells you to put the controller down and makes it move?
I can't think of any other game that had so many unique things going on at once.
The only other game I would say that comes close is Eternal Darkness on gamecube.
Arkham Asylum also deserves a shoutout for it's creativity. Scarecrow's fear toxin had me thinking my 360 crashed :umad:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
This is the same game that you had to look at the back of the game case to find the code to call Meryl for the first time.
This type of creativity just doesn't exist in games anymore and is why I consider Kojima one of the GOATS despite the foolishness that happened with MGSVTPP.
MGS on PS1 was full of innovation. Remember Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and telling you about yourself?
I remember losing my mind the first time I fought him and he told me: "Ohhhh you like Suikoooodeeeennn?"
Then he proceeds to tell me how I've been reckless and haven't saved often.
That Psycho Mantis fight is brilliant. Remember when he tells you to put the controller down and makes it move?
I can't think of any other game that had so many unique things going on at once.
The only other game I would say that comes close is Eternal Darkness on gamecube.
You know what's crazy.

I downloaded MGS1 on my PS3. And when I got to that part he saw that I had Suikoden downloaded on my PS3 as well. The emulation must make it seem like my Suikoden save is on a memory card or something but I thought that was cool.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
metal_gear_solid_hidden_horror_playstation_classic.png

plugging your controller into the second port? :mindblown: how did folks back then figure it out without the ability to google it?

that shyt woulda stumped me :hubie:
Game mags

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
who besides tech geeks and rich a$$holes really had the internet back in '98 brehs? :beli:

well not everyone was as fortunate as you breh :mjpls:

I didn't get the internet at home till around late '99/early 2000. around the time it became a must to have home internet.

Why do folks on here act like if you weren’t living in a single room shack with 17 family members you’re not really black?! :hhh:

We weren’t rich but we had internet back then. Everyone had those AOL
disc..