How Did Anyone Figure Out Beat Psycho Mantis Back In The Day?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
who besides tech geeks and rich a$$holes really had the internet back in '98 brehs? :beli:
wtf it was 1998 you act like owning a PC wit AOL was a luxury

well for me it was I was a kid :manny: but my family were more than capable of affording one

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
wtf it was 1998 you act like owning a PC wit AOL was a luxury

well for me it was I was a kid :manny: but my family were more than capable of affording one
well not everyone was as fortunate as you breh :mjpls:

I didn't get the internet at home till around late '99/early 2000. around the time it became a must to have home internet.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Eventually, Colonel calls you and tells you to do so, be it, in an odd way, but I understood it.

I had more trouble calling Meryl, because they give you an optical disc and I figured the number would be on the back of the optical disc they gave you in-game. I remember spending days trying to turn this optical disc and trying to interact with any computer I could to no avail. Then, I gave up and assumed my copy was fukked up, so the look of shock when I picked the cd case up which just so happened to be back-side up was something of legends. I never felt so stupid in my entire life.

Kojima is a fukking mad man.
same thing happened to me smh

funny thing is years later I played it again and got stuck the exact same way lol

all like "WHERE THE fukk IS THE CD CASE!!! :damn:" with the actual cd case right in front of me lol

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: i remember when i had to get Meryl codec from in back of the game case and i fukking let my cousin borrow disc 2 with the case.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dont recall knowing a single person that had the internet back when metal gear solid released.
well not everyone was as fortunate as you breh :mjpls:

I didn't get the internet at home till around late '99/early 2000. around the time it became a must to have home internet.
in hindsight I think I copped Metal Gear in 99

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
You must be young, when the game came out the internet was at the point you could do searches and find forums
And if you didn’t have internet or just didn’t think to use it you’d go to your local bookshop or store with game guides and you see if it has mgs in it and read it, or the guide for the game itself

I never had an issue with games using the latter method

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
in hindsight I think I copped Metal Gear in 99
The game came out in 98, but the internet didnt start getting popular until the ps2 was out in early to mid 2000s.

Like someone else said, the only people that had internet was tech heads and well off individuals.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is the same game that you had to look at the back of the game case to find the code to call Meryl for the first time.
This type of creativity just doesn't exist in games anymore and is why I consider Kojima one of the GOATS despite the foolishness that happened with MGSVTPP.
MGS on PS1 was full of innovation. Remember Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and telling you about yourself?
I remember losing my mind the first time I fought him and he told me: "Ohhhh you like Suikoooodeeeennn?"
Then he proceeds to tell me how I've been reckless and haven't saved often.
That Psycho Mantis fight is brilliant. Remember when he tells you to put the controller down and makes it move?
I can't think of any other game that had so many unique things going on at once.
The only other game I would say that comes close is Eternal Darkness on gamecube.
Basically everything I was gonna say in this thread. nikkas dont understand this type of shyt.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I had the internet, but the difference was that back then people just used the internet for chatrooms. I was aware that I could find shyt online, but word of mouth was the way that I made it past an area I was stuck in.