How Did Anyone Figure Out Beat Psycho Mantis Back In The Day?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Eventually, Colonel calls you and tells you to do so, be it, in an odd way, but I understood it.

I had more trouble calling Meryl, because they give you an optical disc and I figured the number would be on the back of the optical disc they gave you in-game. I remember spending days trying to turn this optical disc and trying to interact with any computer I could to no avail. Then, I gave up and assumed my copy was fukked up, so the look of shock when I picked the cd case up which just so happened to be back-side up was something of legends. I never felt so stupid in my entire life.

Kojima is a fukking mad man.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
This is the same game that you had to look at the back of the game case to find the code to call Meryl for the first time.
This type of creativity just doesn't exist in games anymore and is why I consider Kojima one of the GOATS despite the foolishness that happened with MGSVTPP.
MGS on PS1 was full of innovation. Remember Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and telling you about yourself?
I remember losing my mind the first time I fought him and he told me: "Ohhhh you like Suikoooodeeeennn?"
Then he proceeds to tell me how I've been reckless and haven't saved often.
That Psycho Mantis fight is brilliant. Remember when he tells you to put the controller down and makes it move?
I can't think of any other game that had so many unique things going on at once.
The only other game I would say that comes close is Eternal Darkness on gamecube.

That's why cats need to be LEGIT nervous if Kojima decides to make a PlayStation VR game. :lupe:

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Eventually, Colonel calls you and tells you to do so, be it, in an odd way, but I understood it.

I had more trouble calling Meryl, because they give you an optical disc and I figured the number would be on the back of the optical disc they gave you in-game. I remember spending days trying to turn this optical disc and trying to interact with any computer I could to no avail. Then, I gave up and assumed my copy was fukked up, so the look of shock when I picked the cd case up which just so happened to be back-side up was something of legends. I never felt so stupid in my entire life.

Kojima is a fukking mad man.

Lmao, man I rented the game from Blockbuster when it first came out so they didn't even give you the game case. I was just stuck on that area until I was able to buy a copy. Probably one the most :ohhh: moments in my gaming history.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Lmao, man I rented the game from Blockbuster when it first came out so they didn't even give you the game case. I was just stuck on that area until I was able to buy a copy. Probably one the most :ohhh: moments in my gaming history.
thinking about it now I think the whole purpose of that "check the back of the CD case" thing was Kojima's way of trolling folks who rented the game :pachaha:

Kojima like :umad: buy my game if you wanna proceed doggie

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I didn't have a problem with that. The looking at the back the case stumped me. I was like nah they can't mean that. Then did it and was like :ohhh:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
metal_gear_solid_hidden_horror_playstation_classic.png

plugging your controller into the second port? :mindblown: how did folks back then figure it out without the ability to google it?

that shyt woulda stumped me :hubie:

act like Google was the only search engine brehs

act like internet didnt exist till mid-2000s brehs