How come Taylor Swift doesn’t have the same mass appeal to the Black community that previous white singers had?

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
1. The Black Superproducer is dead in modern times. Back in the day you had the timbos, neptunes, jimmy jam and terry lewis, Darkchild and babyface who were giving hits to White Pop Artists. Who is their modern day counterpart? Metro Boomin? :mjlol:

2. White acts back in the day cut their teeth playing black hits and playing more mixed race/hip clubs. Hall and Oates were playing shows in Philly prior to blowing up. Madonna came up in the 80s East Village. Lady gaga came up in the LES club scene and first got in the industry working with Melly Mel (yes THEE Melly Mel). Point im making is that a lot of white artists got a ear and affinity for black music through being immersed in it at points in their career. TS got on working with country music song writers and playing country bars in the country ecosystem of Nashville :mjpls: nuff said.
You even had Full Force writing & producing for N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Eh her music isnt terrible as background music, but its not something i would listen to everyday.

i will say tho the last pop artist i liked was gaga

Daps
The thing is, she's clearly huge in other countries/continents in a way that most artists aren't.

Which is strange to me, because I just don't see what pulls them in.

Her songwriting is good but her actual singing/performance is basic to bad.

She couldn't win a talent show at my local middle/high school, deadass.

Like, I get why MJ ruled the world at his peak.

Singing, crazy dancing and just a general oddness/weirdness to his music that others lacked.

Beyonce as well, in terms of singing and performance.

Gaga for singing, oddity edge as well.
Her performance was mediocre but she COULD sing at least, and her songwriting was interesting.

Taylor though? None of that, aside from songwriting. It's like media inertia propelled her to the top or something.

She's like if the Make a Wish foundation put in a script for an all American popstar into chatgpt.

Just benignly milqetoast and blandness manifested into reality.
Taylor Swift = Steph Curry

Beyonce = LeBron

Group #2 is more talented than Group #1 but #2 gets way more hate because people can't relate to folks with otherworldly talent who somehow seem "normal."

MJ, MJ, Tiger, Kobe etc., are loved because they're so great yet eccentric and "different." We don't want to try and relate to them. Just appreciate their greatness.

Steph and Taylor took their gifts and maximized them but they don't seem out of reach to folks like Bey and Bron.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
1. The Black Superproducer is dead in modern times. Back in the day you had the timbos, neptunes, jimmy jam and terry lewis, Darkchild and babyface who were giving hits to White Pop Artists. Who is their modern day counterpart? Metro Boomin? :mjlol:

2. White acts back in the day cut their teeth playing black hits and playing more mixed race/hip clubs. Hall and Oates were playing shows in Philly prior to blowing up. Madonna came up in the 80s East Village. Lady gaga came up in the LES club scene and first got in the industry working with Melly Mel (yes THEE Melly Mel). Point im making is that a lot of white artists got an ear and affinity for black music through being immersed in it at points in their career. TS got on working with country music song writers and playing country bars in the country ecosystem of Nashville :mjpls: nuff said.
You forgot to mention Jermaine dupri when you named black musical superProducers.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
taylor doesn't really tap into black american culture she's the biggest just off audio wonderbread

she's the white girl that artist from our culture try to get in tune with to catch some of the big money from her fan base

even aubrey letting the world know she is the big homie HA

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Madonna made it beyond the radio. She got played on Soul Train. That was the ultimate stamp of approval.

the label paid for that 5 mins madonna promo. That song got no spins on urban radio. Just like Its showtime at the Appollo season 1 had alot of cac live performers as guests

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
She has NO rhythm whatsoever.

This video gives you all the answers you need 🤣. IMO, it’s because she has no redeeming qualities. She can’t sing, can’t dance. Music is the same subject matter over and over. Her voice has absolutely no kind of soul or character to it. Adele would get invited to the cookout before she ever would:manny: