How come Macklemore became the new white Jesus of rap and yelawolf miller MGK Roth sit on the shelf?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Catching lightning in a bottle with Thrift Shop combined with a non-threatening look.

duke, looks non-threatening to the hepatitis a through the rest of the alphabet fans he has.
to the regular masses,..
he looks like a gay fakkit with that hep, at the very least.

art barr

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
macklemore supports shyt like gay marriage(no homo) and shyt

of course white america will build them to be like

benny_hinn.jpg

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
He's a liberal hipster rapping about gay rights. That appeals to them more than MGK who got black kids and shyt.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Catching lightning in a bottle with Thrift Shop combined with a non-threatening look.

This too, MGK/MAC/ and even yela to an extent are a little too similar to eminem.

You can't create the eminem phenomon, you can't replace him, but doing a 180 image wise can kinda get you more looks that you would have gotten. Caclemoore is eminem in reverse, he's basically a tumblr activist with a microphone.

Luck, timing and the fact that he's filling a void.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Its no conspiracy just common sense. They made easily accessible goofy pop rap with safe messages. A corporations wet dream. Post a song or songs from any of those other guys as catchy s thrift shop. MGK got close with the shyt pop on his album but i dont know bad boy isnt that good of a label today

MiC

Pro
Daps
because he makes wack pop music, so ofcourse the mainstream gonna love him

His album is full of songs that aren't pop.
His singles have pop hooks but he raps every verse. How is "can't hold us" more pop than "holy grail" or "no worries" or any recent mainstream hit by a rapper with a singer or the hook?

MiC

Pro
Daps
"huge" for whom?? i wish some of you would get off macklemore's dikk. his popularity is overrated. he isn't respected in rap circles. most rap fans would never admit to listening to him, let alone actually put his CD in their system. so, who is he popular with? white people who don't listen to real hip-hop and fakkits. who gives a shyt? this is why i :heh: @ nikkas catching feeling because macklemore won at AMA. like, when did nikkas start caring about these cac awards??? they're meaningless measuring sticks of an artist's popularity with the traditional rap audience.

The guy who I quoted said Macklemore is big because he was willing to rap for gay rights. I simply said that he had 2 big hits before that...

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
can somebody link a dope macklemore verse or track mixtape or anything...anything i have heard from him has been absolute garbage

how is this guy considered a rapper in any capacity

is he being pushed because he is safe?

MiC

Pro
Daps
Some people won't find any of his stuff dope. Essentially anyone who only enjoys gangsta rap would not like any of his songs.