How come Macklemore became the new white Jesus of rap and yelawolf miller MGK Roth sit on the shelf?

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
not necessarily. it took his 4th single to come out for his first 3 to sell.
so thats no hit maker. if thriftshop was his first single to come out, id say yes. but it took 4 singles and 2 years for him to finally do numbers.

also hes been around since 2000. so it took 12 years for him to get famous.
he doesnt make hits. he made one hit that then catapulted other shyt he already had released.
Ummm yeah he finally made a hit so it worked for him...it's that simple. Mac miller= no hits. MGK= no hits. Yelawolf= no hits. Thrift shop was a number 1 single on billboard as well as that other song bout the ceilin can't hold us.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
Mac Miller's independent, bad comparison. If he got a major push...it'd force him to do more mainstream singles and more dollars for promotion = more sales.

Yelawolf and MGK just don't really connect with a particular fanbase.

Eminem - emos
Mac Miller - college/high school kids (In particular the hypebest, pseudo-sneakerhead white boys)
Macklemore - hipsters, gays, and mainstream white America
Exactly

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
MAcklemore is pop music.

Yellawolf is a mystery since he's in the vein of Eminem

Mac Miller selling 200K Indy is amazing. Dude is probably cakin hard.

MGK - ehh, didnt he sign with Diddy? That's his problem right there

Yelawolf is like Lil Wyte but with Em backing him.

Crazy thing is that Yelawolf has been putting out FIRE since Radioactive. There's a niche audience, but for him to make a huge hit (which he's capable of, give Eminem "Tennessee Love" and watch that shyt take over the country) he has to depart from what he's good at. That departure is what made Radioactive disappointing.

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
because he makes wack pop music, so ofcourse the mainstream gonna love him

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Ummm yeah he finally made a hit so it worked for him...it's that simple. Mac miller= no hits. MGK= no hits. Yelawolf= no hits. Thrift shop was a number 1 single on billboard as well as that other song bout the ceilin can't hold us.

u used the word plural and said hitS.
if he was a hit maker, he woulda been swinging since round 1. it took round 4 :comeon:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Where did I say anything about him getting signed after his 3rd single? Where did I say anything about a single at all? My first sentence was "He's not really independent" didn't think I could be any clearer than that, maybe you quoted the wrong person I duno. He's pushed under a shady label but they're really owned by Warner Bros. and they used the "independent" thing as a marketing strategy, I even had independent in quotes to imply that it was in name only.

:laugh: I quoted the wrong person my bad breh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yele and MGK struggle because their music doesn't appeal to white people enough. Yele is doing southern shyt or whatever, but white people would rather hear a black rapper do that shyt. Likewise MGK just isn't appealing to white people. IMO he needs to completely change his stype and go for the Wiz Khalifa type route.

Mac Miller is doing good, remember he's independent so he caked off those record sales. Also let's not forget: Mac Miller could "sell out" at any time and go platinum. He has the "white boy" image, chicks love him, the lyrical content, etc. He chooses to chill with Alchemist, Odd Future, etc instead. Although given how big that record he did with Ariana Grande is, I wonder if his next album will be his "pop rap" sell out moment.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was his third single though. He was huge before that with hits rapping about buying cheap clothes instead of blowing hundreds on designer brands and then about making it big as an independent artist....

"huge" for whom?? i wish some of you would get off macklemore's dikk. his popularity is overrated. he isn't respected in rap circles. most rap fans would never admit to listening to him, let alone actually put his CD in their system. so, who is he popular with? white people who don't listen to real hip-hop and fakkits. who gives a shyt? this is why i :heh: @ nikkas catching feeling because macklemore won at AMA. like, when did nikkas start caring about these cac awards??? they're meaningless measuring sticks of an artist's popularity with the traditional rap audience.