How come Batman can't be black?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
None of the Fury's are "REAL" :russ:

I will say though I HATE how they shoehorned Nick Fury Jr into 616 the Marvel Universe.
Its sooooo fukking stupid.....one of the dumbest things Marvel has done:snoop:
I don't even fully understand the story let alone the point

Nick Fury should be a code name and thats it

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plenty of black comic book characters to be used like the Milestone heroes.

No there really aren't "Plenty" of black comic book characters that can be used.

few comic book character period have stories that could carry one film let alone two or three. That list grows even shorter with black characters.

When it comes to the milestone characters they're often viewed as "Too Black" by executives. They even refused to make toys for the Static Shock cartoon (and that ultimately lead to the show ending due to lack of funding).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude dont look black? A white cac with a nice tan and afro-american features?

those are some nikkaz lips no jason collins
he's black just like Harvey Dent was in the Batman Animated Series, which was based on 89 Batman
where Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams,
they are both drawn the exact same way

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its sooooo fukking stupid.....one of the dumbest things Marvel has done:snoop:
I don't even fully understand the story let alone the point

Nick Fury should be a code name and thats it

I'd have preferred if they just brought Ultimate Nick Fury into the 616, but the shyt they came up with was SO fukking idiotic and superficial. They introduced a black nick fury and all he does is stand around, be black, and take orders from a bunch of white women.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I'd have preferred if they just brought Ultimate Nick Fury into the 616, but the shyt they came up with was SO fukking idiotic and superficial. They introduced a black nick fury and all he does is stand around, be black, and take orders from a bunch of white women.
Thats the killer part.....he not even a boss like white Fury.... now thats kinda racist

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's black just like Harvey Dent was in the Batman Animated Series, which was based on 89 Batman

The fukk are you talking about?

None of that shyt you said is true.

Batman The Animated series was not "Based" on Batman 89 the visual style and tone were influenced by Burton's film (and some old superman cartoons) but that's it.

Havery Dent was WHITE in B:TAS, he was voiced by a WHITE actors. Just because a character is a shade darker doesn't automatically make them black on these cartoon shows.

Plus yall are flat out ignoring that the creators of the shows have stated publicly that those characters are WHITE.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
If Batman be Black, the movie be over in 30 mins. Once the signal is in the air, Bat would chill in his cave calling up the streets with his unlimited plan; he uses Wayne Communications. Once he gets the lead, he would crash through the wall and stare. "I... found... you." :shaq:

His muscle :ufdup:and splits

The perp, well :huhldup::sadbron::noah::whoa::leon::damn::deadmanny:

Kiss from a Rose would then play, and fade to black.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats the killer part.....he not even a boss like white Fury.... now thats kinda racist

You can tell it was one of those situations where someone who isn't involved in the creative process but has power within the company wanted shyt to match up with the movies.

I felt they did a MUCH better job of it in the Avengers: EMH cartoon.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk are you talking about?

None of that shyt you said is true.

Batman The Animated series was not "Based" on Batman 89 the visual style and tone were influenced by Burton's film (and some old superman cartoons) but that's it.

Havery Dent was WHITE in B:TAS, he was voiced by a WHITE actors. Just because a character is a shade darker doesn't automatically make them black on these cartoon shows.

Plus yall are flat out ignoring that the creators of the shows have stated publicly that those characters are WHITE.

you said the animated series was not based on Batman 89 then you say the VISUAL STYLE and TONE were influenced by the film
which was one is it nikka

harvey dent and Lux Luthor are the only characters in the series with lips that are African

it don't matter who did the VO's its a cartoon

Simba was voiced by a white person and Mustafa was voiced by James Earl Jones
and their suppose to father and son

Keith David did the VO in Gargoyles and Goliath is suppose to be from scottland
shyt don't matter

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
If batman were to be black you know Hollywood would pull the stereo type of ordeal...nikka batman hops in Bat mobile with 22 inch rims and has gucci mane playing while driving. :mjpls:

and that wouldnt even account for the countless slang and typical one liners that black folks are known for

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the people that created the show said he isn't black. But we should take your word and @Swagnificent over their's?

Okay, dude.

:beli:

I don't care what they say. When I was growing up he looked black to me and all my friends. You have to admit that at first glance he does look black. Like I said earlier, I was never a comic book nerd. My only knowledge of the DC universe came from the cartoons. So to me Lex was always black and so was Green Lantern. Which is why I could never understand the Ryan Reynolds movie or whenever they cast Lex as white in movies.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you said the animated series was not based on Batman 89 then you say the VISUAL STYLE and TONE were influenced by the film
which was one is it nikka

You do realize there's a difference between "Based on" and "Influenced by" right?

harvey dent and Lux Luthor are the only characters in the series with lips that are African

You mean other than the actual black characters that appear on the show?

And again the shows creators have already said those characters are not black.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

almost forgot that 2-face was also black in the old Batman cartoons and then they had Aaron Eckhart play him in the Dark Knight :comeon:

hollywood turning black characters into white all over the DC universe