How come Batman can't be black?

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
say man,
to me HE was black....a light skinned brotha.
thats how i see him.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For most white Superheroes their race really isn't a core part of their character, there are exceptions of course but most could be ANY race and still work. Batman in particular could be any race and the story still works completely.

With many black Superheros their race is a part of their origin and concept. Many of those characters were created specifically to add black characters to comics.

People tend to do a false equivalency when it comes to this arguing that changing either is equally wrong, ignoring the fact that there is a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller pool black characters than white characters so turning a black character white is far more detrimental.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how about we foster black comic writers to make our own black heroes, so pathetic trains of thought like this wont come up :beli:

There's a huge amount of racial discrimination that goes on with major comic book publishers. There are tons of black comic book writers out there who aren't getting work. Even the ones who did get a shot at working for the big publishers have spoken out about black writers aren't given opportunities.

When Dwayne McDuffie died you saw a Marvel and DC hop on his dikk and praise him as one of the most brilliant writers of his generation, but when he was alive neither company wanted to consistently give him work, and he was given work editorial would constantly fukk with him.

Christopher Priest is another guy that editors at the big two constantly praise and say they'd LOVE to have working for him, but according to Priest nobody ever calls him to work on stuff, and during his time at both companies he dealt with all kinds of liberal racism. Priest has essentially been blackballed from the industry.

Then I've read and heard multiple stories by multiple creators where they said they'd correspond with editors over the phone or through email about job opportunities but when they show up for the face the face the job has suddenly been filled. Also there's supposedly a group of well known racists in the industry that most black creators all seem to know about.

And that's not even taking into account the way that some comic book fans can be. If fans know a comic book writer is black they WILL shyt on them constantly and accuse the writer of racism for using more than one black character and shoving racial issues down their throats.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude dont look black? A white cac with a nice tan and afro-american features?

Lex Luthor is NOT black.

Even the guy doing the voice is white. They just gave him a bit of a tan in that series for some reason. The same character appears in other shows and is a couple shades lighter.

Change

All Star
Daps
Because it's disrespectful to the creator of the character. It's not what he wanted so why change it? It's his creation.

Whoever created Shaft, Black Panther, Luke Cage etc wanted them to be black? Would you want Luke Cage to be white?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
why ask a question you already know the answer to?
Racism. If superman was black he'd be a criminal.
supernegro3k.jpg

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
which nick fury do u prefer.?

White Fury because Black Fury not the real Fury......I really don't understand the point of Black Fury in the comics

But movie wise and ultimate wise I love the ideal of Black Fury

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it's disrespectful to the creator of the character. It's not what he wanted so why change it? It's his creation.

Whoever created Shaft, Black Panther, Luke Cage etc wanted them to be black? Would you want Luke Cage to be white?

It's not disrespectful to the creators at all. Tons of changes have been made to ALL of these characters since their creation by other writers. shyt we consider essential parts of these characters were added YEARS after they were created. Plus in the comics they've often already done stories where these characters were other races, genders, or were even villains.

And as I already stated earlier, it doesn't work the other way because black characters tend to have their race being a significant part of their origin story. Many of those characters were created specifically to have black characters.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White Fury because Black Fury not the real Fury......I really don't understand the point of Black Fury in the comics

But movie wise and ultimate wise I love the ideal of Black Fury

None of the Fury's are "REAL" :russ:

I will say though I HATE how they shoehorned Nick Fury Jr into 616 the Marvel Universe.