How can you justify saying Messi is better than Ronaldo?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Pele won the World Cup 3 times against the best players from the four corners of the earth. Not once, 3 times

What you’re saying makes zero sense
the World Cup had 16 teams when he won.

In all three, only one from Africa and none from Asia (thats across all three tournaments)

Mexico made it from North America.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the World Cup had 16 teams when he won.

In all three, only one from Africa and none from Asia (thats across all three tournaments)

Mexico made it from North America.
What’s your point looool

That 1970 Brazil team is arguably one of the greatest teams of all time with 2010 Spain.

Let’s not act like football was a walk in the park then with the hostile settings and lack of facilities.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What’s your point looool

That 1970 Brazil team is arguably one of the greatest teams of all time with 2010 Spain.

Let’s not act like football was a walk in the park then with the hostile settings and lack of facilities.
The point is he didn’t face everyone from all corners.

On top of That, he didn’t play in Europe.

(he also was injured for most of the 1962 World Cup)

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Pele is the standard

That's why all the great strikers wear his number

Pele is on some Michael Jordan shyt

I heard about him all the time my family is from Jamaica they love footbaaal

All I heard from my pops was that when he played Pele was wickid nuh blooodclaaat

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Pele is the standard

I heard about him all the time my family is from Jamaica they love footbaaal

All I heard from pops was that when he played Pele was wickid nuh blooodclaaat
Pelé is lIke Jordan in that he had a strong marketing push.

He had contemporaries who were arguably more accomplished but were from nations weakened from war (Ferenc Puskas and Hungary) or had showed up just before international sport took off (Alfredo Di Stéfano).

Pele is one of the game’s best but he also had a push behind him to tell us he was.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

He had contemporaries who were arguably more accomplished but were from nations weakened from war (Ferenc Puskas and Hungary) or had showed up just before international sport took off (Alfredo Di Stéfano).

Pele is one of the game’s best but he also had a push behind him to tell us he was.
Just like MJ did :pachaha: :wow:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s your point looool

My point still stands. He didn’t play the best players around the world because the game was very limited internationally at the time.

We know Pele is one of the GOATs just like Wilt and Bill are or Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr but they played in completely different eras when the game was still growing and being developed. Peak football wasn’t in the damn 1950s and 60s when most of the world not playing it internationally. You being disingenuous and an idiot right now because you know the point we making.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My point still stands. He didn’t play the best players around the world because the game was very limited internationally at the time.

We know Pele is one of the GOATs just like Wilt and Bill are or Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr but they played in completely different eras when the game was still growing and being developed. Peak football wasn’t in the damn 1950s and 60s when most of the world not playing it internationally. You being disingenuous and an idiot right now because you know the point we making.

You're making my point, they're two completely different eras that cant be compared. tryna put the game now over the game then is some short sighted gen Z stuff.

Players didn't have physios and all the facilities they have now, players weren't protected like they are now. Fans spitting on you from the touchline.

There's arguments for both. The fact you're resulting to insults tells me you're not informed.

(he also was injured for most of the 1962 World Cup)

The four corners argument is wild cap, you're tlking like african and asian teams were making noise in the 60s/70s... :pachaha:

It's a completely different game now from then but lets not try and put one above the other. Thats not what we finna do, ol revisionist history ass takes.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What push did he need?

He first won the world cup at age 17 in 1958 on some Mbappe shyt, hatrick against france in the semi final.

Then went on to win twice again, albeit he was injured most of the 1962 world cup.

But lets not forget how Brazil were robbed in 1966 when Pele was on fire. England shegged the whole tournament with match fixing.

Do your research