How can you justify saying Messi is better than Ronaldo?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The four corners argument is wild cap, you're tlking like african and asian teams were making noise in the 60s/70s... :pachaha:
FIFA made it nearly impossible to qualify for the World Cup in the 60s/70s out of Asia, Africa and North America. :camby:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What push did he need?

He first won the world cup at age 17 in 1958 on some Mbappe shyt, hatrick against france in the semi final.

Then went on to win twice again, albeit he was injured most of the 1962 world cup.

But lets not forget how Brazil were robbed in 1966 when Pele was on fire. England shegged the whole tournament with match fixing.

Do your research
yeah Marketing push. You gave him credit for a world Cup he barely played in and then said Brazil didn’t make it out of the group stage in 1966 due to match fixing. :russ:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pelé is lIke Jordan in that he had a strong marketing push.

He had contemporaries who were arguably more accomplished but were from nations weakened from war (Ferenc Puskas and Hungary) or had showed up just before international sport took off (Alfredo Di Stéfano).

Pele is one of the game’s best but he also had a push behind him to tell us he was.

Puskas/ Di Stefano are different eras from Pele tho, they're like 15yrs older than him. Compare apples with apples in these sports conversations.

To the untrained eye it might sound like you're talking sense, but to the trained eye it's an erroneous statement to make.

Pele from the era of Eusebio / George Best / Bobby Charlton n dem man der.
FIFA made it nearly impossible to qualify for the World Cup in the 60s/70s out of Asia, Africa and North America. :camby:
Bro, most of them countries didn't even have football federations back then lool.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah Marketing push. You gave him credit for a world Cup he barely played in and then said Brazil didn’t make it out of the group stage in 1966 due to match fixing. :russ:

He was injured in 62 but he got them to the world cup, played in 2 games, def deserved a medal.

I can tell you now, in the 70s / 80s era for a black man to be the "face" of football, that nikka HAD to be great not good. Lets be clear. The Marketing Push is more revisionist history.

I've read about the match fixing in 1966 for years, definitely believe it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Puskas/ Di Stefano are different eras from Pele tho, they're like 15yrs older than him. Compare apples with apples in these sports conversations.
This is a convo about the best ever, right? Puskas and Di Stefano were winning European Cups back when Pele was winning World Cups and Puskas never returned to Hungary after the communist takeover and Di Stefano basically had no country.

Also, comparing to Pele to Maradonna, let alone Messi is hardly less "apples to apples" than comparing him to Puskas and Di Stefano.

To the untrained eye it might sound like you're talking sense, but to the trained eye it's an erroneous statement to make.

Pele from the era of Eusebio / George Best / Bobby Charlton n dem man der.
While fair, I didn't compare Pele to them. I don't put them in that top-top class.
Bro, most of them countries didn't even have football federations back then lool.

And you saying great players didn't come from there or couldn't have? Help it make sense. That was the point.

He was injured in 62 but he got them to the world cup, played in 2 games, def deserved a medal.

I can tell you now, in the 70s / 80s era for a black man to be the "face" of football, that nikka HAD to be great not good. Lets be clear. The Marketing Push is more revisionist history.

I've read about the match fixing in 1966 for years, definitely believe it.
Yeah, Pele was injured in 1962. I didn't say he didn't deserve a medal. I said he barely played.

And yes, he had a push behind him. Brazil pushed him, then the US when he came to the Cosmos, and finally FIFA as he started the rise of international football taking preeminence.

And if your argument for Brazil struggling in 1966 was match-fixing, then you are talking comedy.

I also never said Pele wasn't great or one of the best ever. :camby:
All I've said is he needs more context. Man is claiming to have like 1,279 goals when we know a lot of those came in exhibitions and Brazilian state championship tournaments. Pele was one of the game's best, but Messi>Pele, even without a world cup title.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a convo about the best ever, right? Puskas and Di Stefano were winning European Cups back when Pele was winning World Cups and Puskas never returned to Hungary after the communist takeover and Di Stefano basically had no country.
You're proving my point here, you can't compare the different eras right?
Also, comparing to Pele to Maradonna, let alone Messi is hardly less "apples to apples" than comparing him to Puskas and Di Stefano.
Completely agree, you can't compare the different eras.
While fair, I didn't compare Pele to them. I don't put them in that top-top class.

Personally I'd 10000% put Eusebio in that top class because he was doing a madness the others na.

And you saying great players didn't come from there or couldn't have? Help it make sense. That was the point.

Don't quote me but Eusebio was from Mozambique and was discovered there but in general them countries didn't have structure to pipeline players. Also I believe transfer restrictions were different then. Hence Pele couldn't get a work permit to play in Europe, same with the rest of the brazilian players from that era.

Ozzie ardilles the argentine that played for Spurs was one of the first imports to the EFL and that was in the 80s.

Yeah, Pele was injured in 1962. I didn't say he didn't deserve a medal. I said he barely played.

And yes, he had a push behind him. Brazil pushed him, then the US when he came to the Cosmos, and finally FIFA as he started the rise of international football taking preeminence.

And if your argument for Brazil struggling in 1966 was match-fixing, then you are talking comedy.

I also never said Pele wasn't great or one of the best ever. :camby:
All I've said is he needs more context. Man is claiming to have like 1,279 goals when we know a lot of those came in exhibitions and Brazilian state championship tournaments. Pele was one of the game's best, but Messi>Pele, even without a world cup title.

All this push talk. How much do you need to push the only man to win the worldcup 3 times. Although I will sympathise and humbly agree somewhat coz I'm sure he was awarded the 1962 medal wayyy after the tournament. Dont quote me.

You've never seen Pele a full game in your life, in a completely different era of football that you know little about. So saying Messi>>>Pele is bias and nonsensical. Messi is the greatest of our generation and the greatest you've seen, thats a football purist's statement.

Just leave it at that.

Daps
Ronaldo is not even better than Muller, Eusebio, Brazilian Ronaldo . He's overrated as fukk

He's just an all time great goal scorer but his overall ability is basic as shyt