How can you justify saying Messi is better than Ronaldo?

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whatever. Messi had his chance to blow out all competition for all time and blew it. He's not better than CR7. Sorry.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Whatever. Messi had his chance to blow out all competition for all time and blew it. He's not better than CR7. Sorry.
Ronaldo won 2 la ligas in 10 years against messi. Messi changed the whole dynamic of la liga. Before him, barca was getting one la liga every few years. After messi they were always favs. 2 la ligas in 10 years with Rm, the biggest club in the world, is a failure no matter how many goals you scored. He lost a ucl final against messi, a semi against messi.
Not to mention winning 3 ucl with barca is 10 times harder than winning 4 with Rm

Before that final against arsenal barca had 1 one champions league.... ONE
Rm had like 9-10 of those before ronaldo came to the club

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Messi is dangerous with the footwork and getting inside from what I see.

Ronaldo is dangerous from long goals and freekicks...

Is that still the consensus?

You could always count on Ronaldo from Getting a goal with a shot from outside the box while Messi would cut you up all the way until he got inside the box.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Ronaldo won 2 la ligas in 10 years against messi. Messi changed the whole dynamic of la liga. Before him, barca was getting one la liga every few years. After messi they were always favs. 2 la ligas in 10 years with Rm, the biggest club in the world, is a failure no matter how many goals you scored. He lost a ucl final against messi, a semi against messi.
Not to mention winning 3 ucl with barca is 10 times harder than winning 4 with Rm

Before that final against arsenal barca had 1 one champions league.... ONE
Rm had like 9-10 of those before ronaldo came to the club
Let’s not pretend that Barcelona wasn’t stacked. Neither one had it harder than the other those years.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

You could always count on Ronaldo from Getting a goal with a shot from outside the box while Messi would cut you up all the way until he got inside the box.

That’s an old narrative. Messi has more free kick goals. Substantial more goals from outside the box. Ronaldo is clearly more deadly in the air and has become a tap Im merchant towards the end of his career. Also take away PK goals from both and I believe Messi would have more goals.

Taco

All Star
Daps

The biggest gap in their stats are the assist. Ronaldo can generate goals, but not at the level/rate of Messi. I’m a Ronaldo fan, but some of the things i’ve seen Messi do.. Both amazing players. We are lucky to have witnessed them both in their prime. Like watching Jordan and Lebron or Pele and Maradonna.

Last edited:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
People don't like to admit it but messi is actually the better goalscorer AND attacking threat

Messi's new record? Most goals and assist contributions , beating Pele himself

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
As a Cristiano fan, it's actually a hard question. Messi is the most naively brilliant player ever. If there's no pressure, if he has good teammates like Iniesta, etc. his production is unmatched. Cristiano has impressed me more under serious duress, so I'm a bigger fan of CR7. But Messi is a genius. His dribbling against a defense is something to watch (but watch Hazard and look how little they mention him). But Messi on some level is just Kevin De Bruyne with more support and less injuries. He's not a leader like Ronaldo. Messi is more creative, but not as deadly. Messi is like a Steve Nash/Curry/Wade mix, CR7 is like a Shaq/MJ/Kobe mix.

“If he has good teammates…”

:mjlol:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
People don't like to admit it but messi is actually the better goalscorer AND attacking threat

Messi's new record? Most goals and assist contributions , beating Pele himself

Ronaldo has 33 more goals in 144 more games. Depending on how the next next 9 months go for both players (Ronaldo finding a new team to play for, Messi deciding if he wants to stay with PSG after his contract is up) gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Messi is better. He may not be as athletic as he once was but his first touch, ball control, and football IQ are top notch. CR7 is trash now that his athleticism is gone and he has no other skills to fall back on.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
georgeclooney-peek.gif