How can I make $20 in grocery last two weeks

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Buy rice and pasta in bulk. Frozen veg and frozen chicken breasts/thighs. You probably already have seasoning so just be sparing.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
You got a crockpot?

Buy smoked turkey necks or hamhocks - $5
Big bag of rice - $3
Collard greens x 2 - $6
Dry soup mix (whatever flavor) or dry chicken stock - $1

Put half the turkey necks/hamhocks, collard greens, and dry soup mix in crock pot, cover with water and set on medium to low heat (8-10 hours) also boil some rice to mix in it when it is done. When I was strapped, I could live off a turkey leg, bunch of greens, and 2 cups of rice for dinner for a week.

From what's left buy 1/2 dozen eggs and pancake mix for breakfast. Bananas for fruit if you can afford

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nikka, you should have been asking us how to flip that hundred dollar bill you dropped at Winco :stopitslime:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Bag of frozen chicken tenderloins $10 or less
Rice and/or potatoes $5 or less
Frozen veggies and fruit
Carton of eggs
Water

Also work around the foods you already have.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
sawed-off_thumb.jpg

Plot+Ski+Mask+tall.jpg

images

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Make candles
buy 2 12 packs of mason jars for $10 each
buy 20 lbs of bulk candle wax for about $40
buy a pack of food coloring for 2.99
some wicks and some baby powder or other cheap fragrant additive

Sell them candles for $10 a pop x24 or $15 a pop x24, whatever you can get :manny:

If its hot outside buy some bulk bottle water, get a cooler and some ice, find an event.

Last edited:

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
This is a good thread, and spot on too.. nikkas gotta do better im out here spending 4 bucks on iced coffee and shyt like i got it. IMO Family dollar is your friend, dozen eggs for $1.50, loaf of bread for a $1, and if ur feelin like a boss you can get the pink lemonade mix for $1 as well. Then i'd head over to the asian super market and get the 5lb bag of potatoes for 3.50. Thats my advice, potatoes are your best friend, cheap as fukk, very healthy, and with practice you can make them taste better than anything you'd ever eat at a restaurant. When it comes to meat, try to find an asian market, their meat is alot cheaper. I can get a nice 2-3lb bag of chicken for under 5 dollars and get some cheap progresso breading or shake and bake for flavor. Also, you may want to look into online shopping.

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
I was thinking of noodles. Some chili to make chili dogs, and frozen fries. that can last me around a week.

Buy a Chicken, get free eggs
Grown your own fruits & vegs

Roadkill.

For reals though, theres community gardens where you can grow your own shyt and be eating good cause there's no pesticides or chemicals in the shyt you grow. Also i was thinking the other day what about fkn hunting breh. If i could just kill a rabbit and be munching on that shyt every night, or making rabbit stew from the veggies in my garden... nikka im eating good. Or what if nikkas brought home a whole fukking deer... There's people that live out in cabins in the wilderness that do this shyt all the time, why cant we?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
For reals though, theres community gardens where you can grow your own shyt and be eating good cause there's no pesticides or chemicals in the shyt you grow. Also i was thinking the other day what about fkn hunting breh. If i could just kill a rabbit and be munching on that shyt every night, or making rabbit stew from the veggies in my garden... nikka im eating good. Or what if nikkas brought home a whole fukking deer... There's people that live out in cabins in the wilderness that do this shyt all the time, why cant we?

well you'll have to do some research about which parts to eat and how long you have to let the meat rest before consumption, but as long as you live somewhere with lax hunting laws, you could do this :ehh: it might be harder to actually find and approach some prey to kill though, but I've never hunted so I wouldn't really know.

as for eating cheap, make everything yourself. I can eat a lot more and healthier just by making for example my own pasta sauce in stead of buying it premade and this goes for most meals. If you make anything with pre-mixed herbs or sauces, just check the ingredients, most of the time there are herbs and veggies in there that are dirt cheap, plus you get less of the extra salt and sugar that are added to the premade shyt. I've been doing it for a few years now, when I cook and I'm eating on my own I have one meal for that night and three to put in the freezer, so if I cook three times I could eat for twelve days, just make sure it is varied enough.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
$20 can go real far if you get your thinking hat on straight. Here's the kicker, you gotta mix up local store brands with ethnic international food markets. When I was out there in cali, Vallarta had all types of fresh meat cuts, fruits, and veggies for the low. See thats the thing, ethnic food markets usually have their meats marked cheaper. I have bravos, aldis, walmart, and a few indian grocers i shop at and never go above a $100 a month.

Walmart
Aldis
Ethnic international food markets

It can be done.

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
You got a crockpot?

Buy smoked turkey necks or hamhocks - $5
Big bag of rice - $3
Collard greens x 2 - $6
Dry soup mix (whatever flavor) or dry chicken stock - $1

Put half the turkey necks/hamhocks, collard greens, and dry soup mix in crock pot, cover with water and set on medium to low heat (8-10 hours) also boil some rice to mix in it when it is done. When I was strapped, I could live off a turkey leg, bunch of greens, and 2 cups of rice for dinner for a week.

From what's left buy 1/2 dozen eggs and pancake mix for breakfast. Bananas for fruit if you can afford
My nikka an average man might lose about 10 lbs eating that the turkey and greens have little calories compared to a dollar container of peanut butter and a loaf of bread and gallon of milk on the flavor the turkey and greens win out but this nikka is trying to function not just survive that brain needs calories the you're breakfast thing could be switched as the flavor component replace the turkey and greens with what I mentioned and from where I'm from ohio still have about $8 left to add some more food containing a good ratio of flavor and calories I'm 6'2 263 so I definitely need at least 2000 calories a day I haven't done the math but what you mentioned in the ratio you mentioned I don't believe would equal 28,000 calories needed for 2 weeks I didn't give a ratio to my list so just going off what I mentioned shopping at dollar stores and discount stores you just get $20 worth not criticizing you just when I read you're list homie I was thinking somebody is going to starve

Last edited: