How can I make $20 in grocery last two weeks

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
These ninjas are gassing you, the real answer is you can but you're not gonna get proper nutrition. How much sodium is in those ramen noodles? And unless you get chicken near the expiration date, chicken is 1.50-2.50 a lb.
Think ima do this.

Get 3 pounds ground turkey for around $8-$9

Cook each pound.
1 pound chili dogs.
1 pound sloppy joe.
1 pound, idk yet bae!!!!

Then get some fries or just some potatoes n cut them up myself.

Eat noodles for breakfast.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
will never happen ,you better off calling mj for a gift .imma give him something for yo sorry a:mjcry:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Think ima do this.

Get 3 pounds ground turkey for around $8-$9

Cook each pound.
1 pound chili dogs.
1 pound sloppy joe.
1 pound, idk yet bae!!!!

Then get some fries or just some potatoes n cut them up myself.

Eat noodles for breakfast.

Lol I thought this was a hypothetical. the struggle is real lol
:heh:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
6yFY0gA.jpg

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Real talk my guy. I'm going to bless you. I don't like typing like this and giving away secrets but I can't see another brother starving. I need some information. Do you live in within walking of a corner market? It doesn't have to be fancy. You're going to be eating left overs my guy, but the goal is to eat a hot meal once a day.

What seasonings do you have in your home? Cheap food is usually salty. You won't need much salt. Holler back asap. I'm going to my corner store and i'm going to cook a test meal for you. Pics coming soon.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Real talk my guy. I'm going to bless you. I don't like typing like this and giving away secrets but I can't see another brother starving. I need some information. Do you live in within walking of a corner market? It doesn't have to be fancy. You're going to be eating left overs my guy, but the goal is to eat a hot meal once a day.

What seasonings do you have in your home? Cheap food is usually salty. You won't need much salt. Holler back asap. I'm going to my corner store and i'm going to cook a test meal for you. Pics coming soon.
:lupe:

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
the only way u could do this n b remotely full is buy wholesale ingredients like rice n u might need an alt. protein source besides meat, u couldnt eat meat daily off that budget. u jus need to get as many carbs n proteins as u can it helps to get something healthier cus it will have more nutrients.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I went to a liquor store, spent 25 dollars, and I'm going to try to make this work for two weeks. I went five over because bacon was a must. I won't be eating meat much because it's expensive but that doesn't mean I can't use bacon as a seasoning. I got a small bag of rice, a big can of pinto beans, five potatoes, bacon, a loaf of bread, one dozen eggs, a big can of hunts tomato paste, and a pound of pasta.

Shopper's notes: I got the cheapest options available. I'll be using cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and onion (fresh or dry), and cinnamon as seasonings. Basic shyt. My oils are vegetable or canola oil I mix with coconut oil. Coconut oil has a sweet flavor and is great for frying shyt because it makes it a little sweet. Sweet is good to me because cheap food is usually too salty for me.

Tonight I made a browned spice rice, fried potatoes, topped with a tomato sauce and poached egg. It's Shashuka De La Ghetto. I reinvented this recipe just for this thread. It won't look restaurant quality but the flavor is there folks. It's not salty. I used a small portion of all my ingredients to make something that's fast and will fuel me all day.
20160222_191236_zpsr2d8vl2c.jpg

20160222_190653_001_zpsgbam4nvr.jpg

20160222_190634_zpskgkov3kx.jpg

20160222_180340_zps0gakanoh.jpg