How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Does he have any rogue-ish tendencies? Any comics showcasing that?

He needs to go heel for awhile. He needs to borrow a little edge from killmonger.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's supposed to be a cyborg but his design is 97% robot:dahell:

I dont see Bryan Fury walking around looking like the tin man

this is true! For someone who can just make big ass rockets and cannons he should have a Sleek design like what they showed at the end of the JL live movie. Bruce cant pitch in to make this dude hologram or exo skin to what he used to look like before he reboots his brain??

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Like one punchman

:wow:
WeepyParchedIcefish-size_restricted.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Only if those white folks at DC were as creative and forward-thinking for black characters as yall are here :manny:

BP was a dynamic character out the gate when Stan and Kirby created him in the 60s but for 30 years he remained stagnant until a black man (Priest) with editorial backing (Quesada) gave BP the same energy yall are giving Cyborg.

22 years later, his reimagining of BP further evolved to what you see today.

A lot of those benefits, Cyborg didn't/doesn't get. In fact, a black man (David Walker) did come in and try to give Cyborg his body back + some Geno (One Punch Man) aspects.. buuuuuuut DC shut that shyt down because they wanted his look to match his DCEU look :unimpressed:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Only if those white folks at DC were as creative and forward-thinking for black characters as yall are here :manny:

BP was a dynamic character out the gate when Stan and Kirby created him in the 60s but for 30 years he remained stagnant until a black man (Priest) with editorial backing (Quesada) gave BP the same energy yall are giving Cyborg.

A lot of those benefits, Cyborg didn't/doesn't get. In fact, a black man (David Walker) did come in and try to give Cyborg his body back + some Geno (One Punch Man) aspects.. buuuuuuut DC shut that shyt down because they wanted his look to match his DCEU look :unimpressed:
:francis:Wow. I fall back on DC after they made Aqualad gay for no reason at all after being straight for all these years on the show.

If DC going to make the only black superhero on the show gay with all these hetersexual white males fuk them. Make nightwing gay or fuking beast boy. 5 Different robins aint none them double dipping

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:francis:Wow. I fall back on DC after they made Aqualad gay for no reason at all after being straight for all these years on the show.

If DC going to make the only black superhero on the show gay with all these hetersexual white males fuk them. Make nightwing gay or fuking beast boy. 5 Different robins aint none them double dipping

DC execs saw John Stewart getting in them guts of Hawkgirl and Vixen back in the 2004 toon and were like

:merchant:

Once McDuffie died and Timm stepped away, Stewart got put on timeout, Kaldur gay, Static got no game and no screentime, Cyborg is Cyborg, and Black Lightning a thot for the enemy :mjlol:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

This is why I say FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK all this "Hey, guys we've got the Black (insert traditionally white character)/

It's insulting to people who know there's atleast 15 black superheros between Marvel and DC with mass appeal.

I didn't know about David Walker, who seems a good dude wrote some of Cyborg

I take that back; a post in here made me remember something

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Like one punchman
Or Casshern sins in terms of looks and sleek design. Not that clunky shyt.
bLP6Wg.jpg

Make him bald, garnishing the face mask and hoodie and make his costume charcoal gray with baby blue and pieces of red and blue. Make his eyes glow instead of rocking that cheesy visor.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is why I say FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK all this "Hey, guys we've got the Black (insert traditionally white character)/

It's insulting to people who know there's atleast 15 black superheros between Marvel and DC with mass appeal.

I didn't know about David Walker, who seems a good dude wrote some of Cyborg

I take that back; a post in here made me remember something
David Walker's Cyborg run had mixed reviews. I didn't like it (too much focus on the daddy issues stuff) and the stuff he tried didn't land for me... but it was brought to my attention in other boards (or on here, I forget) that editorial fought him often on what the character and direction needed to be.

So basically simply having someone with a better vision isn't enough if the higher ups wouldn't support

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
NOPE. Cyborg has a terrible character design, hero pseudonym and move-set. Its always baffled me the constant insistence and giving him prominence. In all the mediums I have seen Cyborg -- Justice League, Injustice, Teen Titans dude was an absolute dud. To me he is an affront and almost b*stardization. A sensational athletic phenom who is crippled and reduced to an over-cumbered hulk of scrap of metal. People are mentioning Genos but forget he is an exceptional hand to hand martial artist and supplements lasers to magnify his repertoire. Meanwhile Cyborg has been limited to technical support. Black Lightning, Brother Voodoo, Aqualad** and Vixen are more suited and deserving of the attention. These characters have personality and aesthetic which makes them easily marketable. Another candidate would be Jon Stewart.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

And then they buried the rest of their black characters. Aqualad is gay. Mister terrific is gay in the show and not important in the comics. Cyborg is wack and Martian manhunter would be their only good black character although he's technically an alien disguised as a black guy. Oh and green lantern. Black lightening and static shock are weak.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
He can't. Being a member of the teen titans is his lane.

To even try to make him get to the level of BP, you would have to redesign a shyt ton about him .At which point you would be better off just making an entirely new character

Said this 2 years ago and still stand by it.

Too many forces at DC want him to have that clunky design and be stuck in that endless loop of daddy issues/my body shyt.

Folk in here talking about all this cool update stuff that would be better off used on a entirely new character.

But even that would probably be a waste at DC...and hell Marvel too :pachaha:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why it's best for Black people to create their own stories, found their own companies/studios.etc. White men generally don't handle Black characters that well, and don't care enough. I think a part of it is because writing a superhero is typically a "self-insert" process for writers and obviously White writers will have problems putting themselves in the shoes of a Black/minority character.

Even BP fell by the wayside after the late 60's-70's, until Priest picked him up and made him into a legitimate badass, enhancing his traits and abilities enough to have him hold his own with some of Marvel's biggest heavy hitters.