How can Cyborg reach the modern prominence of BP?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I don't know shyt about him.

His origin story ain't dramatic, there's no personal loss, no iconic love interest, no side bytch, no drastic costume changes, no rogues gallery NOTHING.

and no relateability to draw from, no prominent story arc, no "this is the story that such and such a writer is known for" NOTHING.

No key dynamic w/ other members of the DC pantheon á la Barry and Hal, Wally and Kyle, Selena and Isley, NOTHING.

He's a dead end character. They used him in Justice League as an insult.

OG Teen titans show was the best iteration of the character cause he had heart, wit, and cadence, and in the Movie that's supposed to reintroduce him to a new generation they took all that away. :mjlol:

It ain't happening. We not just finna fukk w/ nikkas off GP

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The closest thing DC has is Vixen, and she's a negro bedwench. At least the one from the 1940s on Legends of Tomorrow is. The one from modern day that debut on Arrow didn't get enough time for me to remember her.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
And yes static has built a following but static doesn’t have an ongoing book right now which would also need to happen to further build that fan base because that’s how the stories continue. And one of the writers who was on that book when they relaunched it in 2011 said the reason it was cancelled is because no one was buying the book. So if the fans are really there they gotta put money where their mouths are.

Oh maybe that why i said build it up like Marvel did with Black panther in the last following years. I didnt say WB should make the static movie tomorrow

"So if the fans are really there they gotta put money where their mouths are"

Why would fan support something that dont even match the character and it was terrible (just like 90s spwan film example you use).

This hype for black panther with casuals or even comic books fans (non hardcore black panther ) is do to Marvel advertising, marketing etc

Majority of this people didnt know nothing about Black Panther until CW

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh maybe that why i said build it up like Marvel did with Black panther in the last following years. I didnt say WB should make the static movie tomorrow

"So if the fans are really there they gotta put money where their mouths are"

Why would fan support something that dont even match the character and it was terrible (just like 90s spwan film example you use).

This hype for black panther with casuals or even comic books fans (non hardcore black panther ) is do to Marvel advertising, marketing etc

Majority of this people didnt know nothing about Black Panther until CW

Man you're missing the point entirely. There' something unique about Panther and Wonder Woman that's not just their gender or race. They're matching moments and coming out at the right time. To say that another character, any character, will match that when they don't have all of those factors working in their favor is short sighted. shyt even with spider-man, there's a reason the first spider-man movie in 02 was a bigger hit than spider-man 2 in 04. Spider-Man was the first post 9/11 comic book flick and was a big deal for that too, not just because it was a spider-man movie and the first spider-man movie. Black panther and Wonder Woman caught lightning in a bottle. Just like spider-man did and just like Deadpool and just like the dark knight.

And as far as supporting stuff? Homie there are issues of spider-man I loathe. There was an entire decade of spider-man that was down right awful and Marvel just now in the not too distant past started recognizing that decade and trying to make something out of it. But fans still supported. Buy back issues, buy any and everything static related and tell DC that's what you want. Money talks louder than anything else in the world and if you're not spending it, you have no voice. Period

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man you're missing the point entirely. There' something unique about Panther and Wonder Woman that's not just their gender or race. They're matching moments and coming out at the right time. To say that another character, any character, will match that when they don't have all of those factors working in their favor is short sighted. shyt even with spider-man, there's a reason the first spider-man movie in 02 was a bigger hit than spider-man 2 in 04. Spider-Man was the first post 9/11 comic book flick and was a big deal for that too, not just because it was a spider-man movie and the first spider-man movie. Black panther and Wonder Woman caught lightning in a bottle. Just like spider-man did and just like Deadpool and just like the dark knight.

And as far as supporting stuff? Homie there are issues of spider-man I loathe. There was an entire decade of spider-man that was down right awful and Marvel just now in the not too distant past started recognizing that decade and trying to make something out of it. But fans still supported. Buy back issues, buy any and everything static related and tell DC that's what you want. Money talks louder than anything else in the world and if you're not spending it, you have no voice. Period
Clone saga only lasted as long as it did because it was selling.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Bronze tiger would be seen as a bootleg black panther.
A gritty and dark black panther to be honest. What the question is to batman he would be to BP.

Bronze Tiger in them 1980s suicide squad movies was doing some demonic shyt

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Bronze tiger would be seen as a bootleg black panther.
A gritty and dark black panther to be honest. What the question is to batman he would be to BP.

Bronze Tiger in them 1980s suicide squad movies was doing some demonic shyt