How big of a scumbag was christopher columbus

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
whats really fukked up is how different Native American groups still fought against each other when the Euros were breathing down their necks... Just waiting for an opportunity to land grab. If only they had the foresight

Imagine if Muscogee and Choctaw rode it out together:wow: You even had Creeks fighting Creeks:wtf:

profound

technique
Daps
The only other person you can put next to him is Cortez

i disagree. the spaniards all had the same amount of cruelty give or take. pedro de alvardo was slightly worse in mexico imo, and francisco pizzaro slightly worse in peru. either way they all did the same throughout the americas - used greyhounds to rip native children apart, burned native leaders alive, dismembered natives with swords, and so on.

the genocide in mexico was tragic imo. ''history'' would have us believe the aztec emperor was killed with stones by his own people, but further reading shows the spaniards stabbed him 5 times, when it was made clear his powers became useless. each of the mexican leaders they had chained together got stabbed, but the one advocating all out war against the spanish from the beginning was stabbed 47 times - even in chains he fought the hardest.

after killing hundreds on their escape from mexico that night, and after smallpox had taken out thousands of aztecs, and after thousands of neighboring natives sided with the spanish, and after cutting off their capitals water supply and besieging them from land and water, it still took an entire summer to defeat the aztecs. ''defeat'' of course equaled the complete destruction of their city and near destruction of the entire population. cortes detailed how they incinerated the king's zoo, how they slaughtered 40,000 woman and children when there was no men left to defend them.

i recommend Las Casas Destruction of the Indies also, and American Holocaust.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The aztec capital had better infastructure and a bigger population than any city in Europe at the time. Unfortunately the Europeans had gunpowder. That and the evil scheming the conquistadors had going was too much for em

I agree with all of the this thread, but one thing you can't deny is how Europeans understood very early that gunpowder was the (then) GOAT weapon. Why the Chinese did not really develop it when they actually invented is beyond my understanding.

Also, it's funny that Europeans invaded the world because...Europe was too small basically. China had the capacity to sail to America, but decided to focus on its mainland. Imagine how the world would be different now.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
i disagree. the spaniards all had the same amount of cruelty give or take. pedro de alvardo was slightly worse in mexico imo, and francisco pizzaro slightly worse in peru. either way they all did the same throughout the americas - used greyhounds to rip native children apart, burned native leaders alive, dismembered natives with swords, and so on.

the genocide in mexico was tragic imo. ''history'' would have us believe the aztec emperor was killed with stones by his own people, but further reading shows the spaniards stabbed him 5 times, when it was made clear his powers became useless. each of the mexican leaders they had chained together got stabbed, but the one advocating all out war against the spanish from the beginning was stabbed 47 times - even in chains he fought the hardest.

after killing hundreds on their escape from mexico that night, and after smallpox had taken out thousands of aztecs, and after thousands of neighboring natives sided with the spanish, and after cutting off their capitals water supply and besieging them from land and water, it still took an entire summer to defeat the aztecs. ''defeat'' of course equaled the complete destruction of their city and near destruction of the entire population. cortes detailed how they incinerated the king's zoo, how they slaughtered 40,000 woman and children when there was no men left to defend them.

i recommend Las Casas Destruction of the Indies also, and American Holocaust.

The Spanish were brutal, thanks for the tip.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Columbus' chief navigator was a black moor named Pedro Alonso Nino :comeon:

and then those CACS had the nerve to arrest him when he got back to spain after he had went on his own mission like columbus because he "was accused of cheating the King out of his portion of the spoils" ???!!!!:snoop:

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I agree with all of the this thread, but one thing you can't deny is how Europeans understood very early that gunpowder was the (then) GOAT weapon. Why the Chinese did not really develop it when they actually invented is beyond my understanding.
Also, it's funny that Europeans invaded the world because...Europe was too small basically. China had the capacity to sail to America, but decided to focus on its mainland. Imagine how the world would be different now.

Cacs gon cac :yeshrug:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Cacs gon cac :yeshrug:

:lolbron:

Jokes aside, we gotta realize they rightfully saw a HUGE advantage in somebody else's invention while those who actually invented it didn't understand the value they had in their hands. It's crazy to think that those two strategic decisions by China (not going all gunpowder, not sailing over the Pacific) could've totally changed how the world is today. Kind of like Germany who consistently did "continental expansion" (grabbing land in Europe) as opposed to "overseas expansion" (like France, Belgium, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal) :whew:

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
if i had to kill one and let the other live
and my choices were hitler and chris..
hitler would walk away like:whew:

a0yqua.jpg

:deadmanny: