How Africa Underdevelops Africa

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
the purpose of this article isnt to throw anything off, this article is addressing a real problem of bad african leadership, by taking the victim route you are just trying to avoid the real problem

There is no such thing as African leadership, almost all of them are pawns. As long as they stay in line with the status quo of the western world an African leader can do whatever they want. As soon as you want more control over your own resources for the people, you are put in your place.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
:comeon: If the EU and Europe is a mess, than what is Africa?

HELL

You have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. I have been to Africa a dozen times and have family that live in Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa. I think I have a better understanding of what is going on than you do breh.

almost all the nations you mentioned existed before WWII in some form or another and their creation was mostly a result of the end of the cold war and the break down of the USSR

you obviously have no understanding of europe, that is my point

africa has had very few nations ever, so the your point about the creation of new european countries does not translate

for the record i think rearranging colonial boundaries to fit ethnic groups is fine, but keeping the current lines but creating free trade agreements between existing countries is a better focus

rewriting colonial lines is not a guarantee of prosperity, free trade is a guarantee of prosperity tho

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
There is no such thing as African leadership, almost all of them are pawns. As long as they stay in line with the status quo of the western world an African leader can do whatever they want. As soon as you want more control over your own resources for the people, you are put in your place.

this type of victimology thinking is part of the problem the article is addressing and something black people need to let go of

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
almost all the nations you mentioned existed before WWII in some form or another and their creation was mostly a result of the end of the cold war and the break down of the USSR

you obviously have no understanding of europe, that is my point

africa has had very few nations ever, so the your point about the creation of new european countries does not translate

for the record i think rearranging colonial boundaries to fit ethnic groups is fine, but keeping the current lines but creating free trade agreements between existing countries is a better focus

rewriting colonial lines is not a guarantee of prosperity, free trade is a guarantee of prosperity tho

Africa has free trade agreements. In fact, one of the biggest is in West Africa. It is not ending poverty. Do you know why so many Africans are dying on boats in the Mediterranean to try and get to Europe. I think you know little about how Africa works and you should just stick to American issues.

The point of pointing out the European situation is to show you simply that they understand the importance of ethnic boundaries in nation building which is something that is not considered in Africa. A lot of black people in American simply don't understand how different a Hausa is from a Yoruba, Bini or an Igbo person. You simply just look Nigerians as Nigerians and don't understand that a Hausa man follows the leadership of the Sokoto Caliphate and what that kind of thinking does to people in the rest of Nigeria and its political instability. The guy that wrote the article doesn't even bring this up when he talks about Nigeria. Ask him who has run Nigeria for the past 50 years and ask him why his own people (tribe) can't run for presidency in Nigeria. His article is written from western worldview which many people share about Africa.

this type of victimology thinking is part of the problem the article is addressing and something black people need to let go of

It is not a victim mindset, its is a reality of what is going on in Africa. Since, you think you know such much about Africa. How do you fix poor African leadership?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Why didn't they just stay as big as they were and just simply form a democratic country without communism?
like i said, those countries and territories existed before the soviet union, in some ways it was natural for them to break up

I am simply showing you the importance of having independent nations, for the people and by the people...not by colonialist, for colonialist.

i think colonial boundaries were created willy nilly, i dont think they were created as part of some devious plot to continue european domination

i definitely agree in having elections and referndums to determine new boundaries like in south sudan, i think thats fine, but that isnt the key to prosperity, the key to prosperity is free trade, the key is economic freedom and individual freedom

If the EU and Europe is a mess, than what is Africa?

HELL

africa is africa, with african problems and it needs african solutions

i think you can learn things from europe just like you can learn things from the US or any other country, i wouldnt go further than that

i dont think the explosion of countries after the cold war is necessarily a template for africa, if anything its a warning of what happens when you have too many countries

that explosion of countries falls under "shyt happens" and that explosion of countries is not a reason for European prosperity, most of those countries arent even part of the EU anyways and are facing the same problems that african countries face, of poverty, corruption related to natural resources, bad leadership and lack of democracy

i dont think you have done any real homework on the fate of these countries you mentioned, they arent exactly paradise

You have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. I have been to Africa a dozen times and have family that live in Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa. I think I have a better understanding of what is going on than you do breh.

i dont think you have a better understanding of africa than the writer and i dont think you have a real grasp of what it takes to make a modern country, your main idea is to play the victim card

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
i dont think you have a better understanding of africa than the writer and i dont think you have a real grasp of what it takes to make a modern country, your main idea is to play the victim card

If you want individual freedom to thrive more, you need to get rid of the many things that hamper it including colonialism, neo-colonialism and their influences on the continent. Africans are the victims of the current environment. I am talking about people being empowered to create a better situation for themselves and their own people and not to be exploited by other people. Nothing is victimizing about wanting to control your destiny. That is POWER.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Africa has free trade agreements. In fact, one of the biggest is in West Africa. It is not ending poverty. Do you know why so many Africans are dying on boats in the Mediterranean to try and get to Europe. I think you know little about how Africa works and you should just stick to American issues.

The point of pointing out the European situation is to show you simply that they understand the importance of ethnic boundaries in nation building which is something that is not considered in Africa. A lot of black people in American simply don't understand how different a Hausa is from a Yoruba, Bini or an Igbo person. You simply just look Nigerians as Nigerians and don't understand that a Hausa man follows the leadership of the Sokoto Caliphate and what that kind of thinking does to people in the rest of Nigeria and its political instability. The guy that wrote the article doesn't even bring this up when he talks about Nigeria. Ask him who has run Nigeria for the past 50 years and ask him why his own people (tribe) can't run for presidency in Nigeria. His article is written from western worldview which many people share about Africa.

It is not a victim mindset, its is a reality of what is going on in Africa. Since, you think you know such much about Africa. How do you fix poor African leadership?

the west africa trade agreements are not working, in fact i posted an article about it and how barriers impede trade http://www.thecoli.com/threads/how-ecowas-treats-its-citizens.142750/

my people's at http://africanliberty.org keep me posted about what is going on in africa and we believe the key to addressing african problems are individual freedom, economic freedom and capitalism

i dont think there is anything wrong with creating new countries, i agree the colonial lines are garbage, i just think free trade is more important and i think federalism is more of what the future looks like http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-shifting-its-old-colonial-boundaries/277425/

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
If you want individual freedom to thrive more, you need to get rid of the many things that hamper it including colonialism, neo-colonialism and their influences on the continent. Africans are the victims of the current environment. I am talking about people being empowered to create a better situation for themselves and their own people and not to be exploited by other people. Nothing is victimizing about wanting to control your destiny. That is POWER.

yeah i agree we need to rid of the vestiges of colonialism and the first step toward full independence is taking full responsibility, any african leader or person that blames the west is already trying to avoid responsibility

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
the west africa trade agreements are not working, in fact i posted an article about it and how barriers impede trade http://www.thecoli.com/threads/how-ecowas-treats-its-citizens.142750/

my people's at http://africanliberty.org keep me posted about what is going on in africa and we believe the key to addressing african problems are individual freedom, economic freedom and capitalism

i dont think there is anything wrong with creating new countries, i agree the colonial lines are garbage, i just think free trade is more important and i think federalism is more of what the future looks like http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-shifting-its-old-colonial-boundaries/277425/

I know its not working. I have an uncle that was a truck driver under this agreement.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Marvel, you are talking to a cac. Let him linger in his ignorance.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You confused people say::

"You guys better stop talking about how Africa even got like this or you're playing the victim card and your insecure in your blackness.

Don't even bring up puppet governments and leaders or you're just part of the problem.

All Western Imperialism has done is try to help the poor people of Africa and bring the area into modern times...... And even if they did completely fukk over that continent-- all that is in the past now, none of that shyt is going on today.... Black People have complete control over every African nation. "

gonna just quote some white dudes, cuz I know yall hate quotes by black guys in history:

the extirpation, enslavement and entombment in mines of the aboriginal population, the turning of Africa into a commercial warren for the hunting of Black skins signalized the rosy dawn of the era of capitalist production."-
Karl Marx

It ain't what you don't know that gets you; it's the things you know that ain't so,
-Mark Twain