How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Whose said they didn't. Jesus christ some of you should actually head back to the continent and read up thoroughly on certain countries history

You nikkas almost as bad as the Africans back home that have no understanding of the transatlantic slave trade

What are you even talking about? You're mad because i said chieftain and tribe? That's what a lot African people call them. Who cares, call them whatever the hell you want, that's not even the point.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
???

And what was the main downfall in the colonialism of South America and Africa??africans not agreeing on whether or not the white man is the devil. doing everything with the devil but destroying and killing

africa.jpg

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
What are you even talking about? You're mad because i said chieftain and tribe? That's what a lot African people call them. Who cares, call them whatever the hell you want, that's not even the point.
No because your using western societies perspective to paint them outside the canvas they were originally intended for. This is what i mean your lack of continental history shows this. If you thoroughly studied the topics i did as extensively as i did you would know why my stance on this is rigid

Also your post asked why they didn't disbarred the trade. Which history shows some groups did and openly

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Africa has been home to plenty of powerful cosmopolitan civilizations (Egypt, Swahili trading towns, and Mali empire being standouts imo) but it's wrong to measure the worth of African societies by standards of "civilization" and "advancement" that originate outside of the continent.

:what:

Why is this thread still on here? MODS BUSH THIS SH*T.

This thread is nothing more than a white supremacist circle jerk. And this post here is the clearest proof. Africa originated civilization and advancement that the Europeans ran with later on. What type of liberal cac bullsh*t is this? You trying to demean our people by acting like we ain't better in every way than the whites?

Fukk you. :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sub Saharan Africa was cut of from trade routes with Asia or was too far to feel the full impact of that trade, once the west African kingdoms splintered it was a wrap for Sub saharan African development.

Someone please tell me why we are allowing white supremacist filth like this to be posted?

This thread should be DELETED. Its nothing more than crakkkas talking to each other.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Your saying k but is spanish mutually intelligible to French and italian even though all 3 are derived from latin?

Yall really playing yourselves

I said K as in OK, as In I can care less because it has nothing to do with me. You gave your response and that is the end of the convo. Quit seeking confrontation :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Exactly.

This entire thread is pissing me off because the premise of this thread is some white supremacist bullsh*t. All the advanced civilizations of the past were either BLACK or influenced by black people. The Greek said everything they learned was from Egypt. And we all know that India/China and everywhere in the Americas was also started by black people.

It literally is infuriating me that this thread is on here and people are doing white liberal bullsh*t like you can't judge Africa by European standards. What type of backhanded bullsh*t is that? Africa was significantly more advanced than Europe for almost all of human history. The fact we got covert cacs up in here pretending to be black spewing this bullsh*t is pissing me off.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Exactly.

This entire thread is pissing me off because the premise of this thread is some white supremacist bullsh*t. All the advanced civilizations of the past were either BLACK or influenced by black people. The Greek said everything they learned was from Egypt. And we all know that India/China and everywhere in the Americas was also started by black people.

It literally is infuriating me that this thread is on here and people are doing white liberal bullsh*t like you can't judge Africa by European standards. What type of backhanded bullsh*t is that? Africa was significantly more advanced than Europe for almost all of human history. The fact we got covert cacs up in here pretending to be black spewing this bullsh*t is pissing me off.
Bro these aren't cacs its just lost brothers here posting with no knowledge of self. :mygawd:

Forgive them they don't know any better :mygawd2:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
No because your using western societies perspective to paint them outside the canvas they were originally intended for. This is what i mean your lack of continental history shows this. If you thoroughly studied the topics i did as extensively as i did you would know why my stance on this is rigid

Also your post asked why they didn't disbarred the trade. Which history shows some groups did and openly

I didn't intend to lessen the importance of the positions that I described. Dude, I am an African American Descendant of slaves. Growing up, I was taught that white people went over to Africa and enslaved us by force. Never in a million years did I think that slavery was only possible because of African cooperators. I knew some Africans helped, but I didn't know that the transatlantic slave trade was practically hinged on their involvement. Africans to the slave trade are like engines to cars. Doesn't work without them. I'm very critical of Africans' role in the slave trade and I'm not going make excuses for them. I'm critical of whites' and arabs' role as well.

Also, I understand that some African countries and tribes, like the Zulus and other people, were against the slave trade. My point is that if a country participated in the slave trade, they can't rationalize it by saying they were selling members of an opposing nation. The fact is, they were supporting the very construct that was enslaving members of their own nation. White merchants wanted black slaves, they didn't care about national differences. This should have been a hint or clue to black nations about the concept of "race" and that action needed to be taken against "others." And yet people keep telling me that they didn't know race existed back then. How? People keep saying that they weren't selling their own, they were selling their enemies. The end result was all sides lost a lot of their people to slavery, a system they allowed, supported, and strengthened. Did the white merchants pretend to care about what nation the slave came from? Maybe you know more about that.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I didn't intend to lessen the importance of the positions that I described. Dude, I am an African American Descendant of slaves. Growing up, I was taught that white people went over to Africa and enslaved us by force. Never in a million years did I think that slavery was only possible because of African cooperators. I knew some Africans helped, but I didn't know that the transatlantic slave trade was practically hinged on their involvement. Africans to the slave trade are like engines to cars. Doesn't work without them. I'm very critical of Africans' role in the slave trade and I'm not going make excuses for them. I'm critical of whites' and arabs' role as well.

Also, I understand that some African countries and tribes, like the Zulus and other people, were against the slave trade. My point is that if a country participated in the slave trade, they can't rationalize it by saying they were selling members of an opposing nation. The fact is, they were supporting the very construct that was enslaving members of their own nation. White merchants wanted black slaves, they didn't care about national differences This should have been a hint or clue to black nations about the concept of "race" and that action needed to be taken against "others." And yet people keep telling me that they didn't know race existed back then. How? People keep saying that they weren't selling their own, they were selling their enemies. The end result was all sides lost a lot of their people to slavery, a system they allowed, supported, and strengthened. Did the white merchants pretend to care about what nation the slave came from? Maybe you know more about that.
4 points to that especially the bolded

1.They weren't considered that particular nation. Eg ghana and nigeria are each literally made of 4-6 plus smaller nations

2. When the english enslaved the irish they didn't consider them as 'british' because the concept of Britain didn't exist then so same case here. Same goes with Russia and ukraine and china and zgharia (sp?)

3. its not that black and white you were either kidnapped by white sailors or literally a pow. Most were kidnapped as opposed to actually being sold. Seriously there was a whole thread on this 2 yrs ago that exposed this.

4. Your using 21st century western ideology to describe things that happen more than 5 centuries ago. You think a hardline concept of race thoroughly existed. We have whites here in this day and age that go their entire life without interacting physically with black people on any meaningful level. What makes you think back then with our limited scope and understanding of society that black people en masse would arrive to the same conclusion you just did. Most barely left what ever small village or town they were from

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are we gonna compare that trade to what the Europeans and Muslims had? I mean Chinese plates and gunpowder were taken from the east and worked on in the west. The advent of gunpowder combined with the near constant warfare in Europe is what created the technological advances that sparked the west to conquer much of the world.

Or am I off base here?

Yes you are off base. You clearly know nothing about the trade and the trade routes in West and Central Africa. You might want to study a little bit more about West and Central Africa before you keep making comments.

The biggest items traded to the Europeans, Arabs and Chinese was gold. How did you not know that? Some of these clowns on here are talking about slaves and stupid shyt like that, but they seem to be completely unaware that a large amount of Europe's gold in medieval time came from Africa. Why do you think this guy was in the middle of European and Arab maps?

Catalan_Atlas_BNF_Sheet_6_Mansa_Musa.jpg

mansu.png

That is Mansa Musa. He was the Emperor of the Empire of Mali and the richest person in the history of the World. He and his Kingdom became rich because of trade.

Here's what it was like to be Mansa Musa, thought to be the richest person in history
This is the richest human being in all history
NY Daily News - We are currently unavailable in your region
Meet The World's Richest Man

Here are the trade routes that he and the Mande people (aka Mandingos) controlled.

uXv55ivro3kmDsCDzoqx1feu.jpeg

I am always completely surprised at how little people know about Africa and Africans, yet they have no problem pretending that they know so much about Africa and Africans. If people bothered studying even a little bit about the Sahelian Empires and the Kingdom of Kongo they are going to be completely surprised about what the Hell they never knew and didn't learn in school. Like almost all the music that people listen to in the USA has it's roots in the Blues out of Mali.