How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Naw breh...

We've made excuses for too long. Africans been warring since before the Kemetians and Nubians. We're no stranger to war.

Again, where is the advanced weaponry which would match the tech involved in building the great pyramid? How would people capable of building such...be invaded and eventually conquered? That's like america being invaded and conquered by a present day nation which can't even build a sturdy 3 story office building.
You comparing east africans to west africans. Mali, benin, ashonti aren't warring kingdoms naturally. We just said mansa established himself through sheer overwhelming wealth and trade
a case of the pot calling the kettle black

be blessed my nikka

Nah not in this case here my perspective and yours are not on the same plane

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I was pointing out to you that you were wrong about Spain. They were in it from the beginning with Portugal. They did not come later like the English, Dutch, etc. The Spanish were always involved, except they were partners with the Portuguese through a Papal edict.
No, the beginning was before the Western Hemisphere was known to Europe and it was Portugal interacting with and trading goods(and later humans) along the Western shores of Africa.
What was the date of that Papal Bull?
It was 1493

Like I said, look up the dates of the initial Portuguese contacts and settlements in West Africa?

Last edited:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
in i posted before that they employed espionage. They actually paid some merchants to lead them to neighboring villages and states. And when might fell they raided. Some rulers were quick to notice this and cut them off but again too late once the ball was in motion.

You keep saying your 'country' they didn't do this it to themselves it was neighboring states. How can you kick a group of people out when they aren't even on your land to begin with during the day and disappear like a thief in the night. How can you going to stop something you partially have no knowledge of at its beginning stages. Again stop using western boundaries. Your whole post sounds the usa asking mexico to stop ms13 members from crossing over and coming in but those members aren't even Mexican they're Guatemala or Salvadorian. You're litetally painting a whole continent like a country. I sound like a parrot either you get it or you don't and it seems like you don't

You and @.number.(n)one.* stay using a white mans system to describe a non white society one that is archaic in nature no less.

Yo @Akan breh think we done here mfers literally can't even at this point.

Alright, understood. You're actually helping me to get a deeper understanding of the subject. I don't know why you're getting angry. It's a debate. I state my view on it, you state yours, and hopefully we all come out of it understanding other viewpoints.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
the truth doesn't stand on belief or perspective

it's whatever you think it is my nikka

keep kicking knowledge

Again what is truth. When there's 2 sides to story but only the winner gets to write his chapter

What is the truth when men lie and women lie and numbers don't but no one can do the math to solve the equation

Do yall really wanna know how deep this rabbit hole goes. To seek a 'truth' we can't 100% find the answers to because knowledge wasn't passed, books were burned, and elders were killed

We can stare into the abyss, but it stares back.
Alright, understood. You're actually helping me to get a deeper understanding of the subject. I don't know why you're getting angry. It's a debate. I state my view on it, you state yours, and hopefully we all come out of it understanding other viewpoints.
Im always angry. Not at you though but at the state of madness i have to live through.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Have you read When Rocks Cry Out

The downfall of Africa was allowing Greeks to come and study ancient knowledge

They left with our books and returned with guns
Just looked at this on Amazon...it has great reviews. I'm going to have to check it out.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, the beginning was before the Western Hemisphere was known to Europe and it was Portugal.
What was the date of that Papal Bull?

You are way out in the weeds. It was Spain under Ferdinand and Isabella that commissioned the Voyage of Columbus and subsequent expeditions to the New World. Without those expeditions and the murdering of the native people; then there would not have been a need for slaves in the new World. If there was no need for African labor then Portugal would not have had any role in any of it.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Again what is truth. When there's 2 sides to story but only the winner gets to write his chapter

What is the truth when men lie and women lie and numbers don't but no one can do the math to solve the equation

Do yall really wanna know how deep this rabbit hole goes. To seek a 'truth' we can't 100% find the answers to because knowledge wasn't passed, books were burned, and elders were killed

Im always angry. Not at you though but at the state of madness i have to live through.
Salute bra you talking that talk:salute:
Gotta understand its only patience that can undo indoctrination
I remember telling my pops what they taught us about slavery in middle school and he hit that :gucci: :mjcry:
Even a lot of first gen african brehs such as myself ain't get they proper history lessons cause they parents also wasn't that invested into learning the truth, and from there the cycle continues
I understand I was blessed to have a father who gave me the desire to seek knowledge of self, most aren't that fortunate and have to do all the digging on their own
I salute all the brehs in here who genuinely in here tryna come to an understanding as well

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///

you don't have to rely on recorded history to find the truth

just study the nature of man & know the common man is prone to vice

i know what it was then because i know what it is now

until folks quit thinking the devil is lurking somewhere in the shadows & realize the devil is at home in their own hearts they can't win

nikkas wasn't righteous they won't admit & therefore they can't progress

but like you said this can spin into a everlasting rabbithole

like i said be blessed bro i wish peace even on my opps

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You are way out in the weeds. It was Spain under Ferdinand and Isabella that commissioned the Voyage of Columbus and subsequent expeditions to the New World. Without those expeditions and the murdering of the native people; then there would not have been a need for slaves in the new World. If there was no need for African labor then Portugal would not have had any role in any of it.
You quoted my post before I edited for clarity. The edited post in consistent with everything i've written in this thread.

You called me out earlier for posting wrong information. I challenged what you wrote and asked you to cite dates to prove that my post was wrong. You opted not to.

Don't graps for straws . Just admit that you were wrong.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You quoted my post before I edited for clarity. The edited post in consistent with everything i've written in this thread.

You called me out earlier for posting wrong information. I challenged what you wrote and asked you to cite dates to prove that my post was wrong. You opted not to.

Don't graps for straws . Just admit that you were wrong.

I posted links to sources in my original post. Did you bother to read them?

There are no grasping for straws. You were wrong about Spain. If you have done any research on slavery at all then you would have already known that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they are cacs, more than half this site is cacs pretending to be black.

No doubt. Just compare how many views and replies my thread on how advanced Africa was before European colonialism got compared to this cac circle jerk of a thread: Everyday Life in an Early West African Empire

I made a thread over a year ago showing how West Africa in 1300 AD had cities larger than London. Cities with residential buildings that were 2 stories and which had indoor toilets and plumbing while at the same time Europeans were shytting in the streets. Also you have evidence of checks being used in West Africa in 1000 AD showing that there was a banking system in Africa hundreds of years before something similar arose in Europe. And yet that thread as has almost no views or replies. But this thread which is nothing more than cacs talking back and forth with one another trying to portray Africa as being uncivilized and backwards got tons of views and replies. If this doesn't expose the true demographics of this site I don't know what will.

As late as 1300 AD the most advanced cities in the world were located in Africa. This thread is not only a joke but incredibly insulting to any conscious black person.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Naw breh...

We've made excuses for too long. Africans been warring since before the Kemetians and Nubians. We're no stranger to war.

Again, where is the advanced weaponry which would match the tech involved in building the great pyramid? How would people capable of building such...be invaded and eventually conquered? That's like america being invaded and conquered by a present day nation which can't even build a sturdy 3 story office building.
I will cosign this with a caveat. The empire of Rome, which was advanced in architecture and in combat/war eventually fell...and it wasn't a more technologically advanced group that did it it either.
All empires eventually fall.

I'm cosigning the part about the weaponry.Those avoiding this and deflecting to tangents, please stop it.
These aren't finger pointing posts, because we ALL descend from the people being discussed. Assess history and learn from it ...or repeat it.

There have been and are warlike groups in Africa. They were among the most active fighters and resisters to colonialism..several groups come to mind.Euros famously took huge Ls on the battlefield in Africa with their advanced weaponry, fighting against superior military minds and people refusing to be dominated.

So having said that, my contention is the same. that whatever advanced weaponry did exist was surpassed by outsiders in the period that coincided with the slave trade. Euro countries were at war with each other before and during this period....both in Europe and in the Americas over territory. Lot of military innovations occur out of necessity/survival. With all of that fighting going on, on different fronts and settings.........military technology was being moved forward. And with the riches created by the slave colonies...manufacturing of those innovations moved things forward. People able to build on previous tech, even on previous tech of their enemies.

Past 500 years of Euro global domination was based on them building off of what others have done and adapting it to fit their needs.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I just ordered this book yesterday :jawalrus:
a_john_henrik_clarke2.jpg