How Advance were African Civilizations before European Colonialism??

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Not as advanced as we'd like to make them out to be...

As black people we're very dishonest with ourselves.

There's something that goes hand in hand with the advancement of civilization, and that's the advancement of your weaponry.

There's a stinking lie we've had in our community a long time!

Africans built Kemet, still arguably the most advanced construction on this planet.

Where is the advanced weaponry that would have accompanied this achievement? :sas2:
Africans in general are not warring people. Look at mansa musa's kingdom. Power didnt have to be spread by the sword. We did ours through wealth and culture

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Levels. There were local chiefs you could consider as governors or mayors or various elected state officials. And they were high chiefs that would be equal to that of king, pm, or president dependings on that ethnostates governing principles.

The thing is that the language title becomes localized as chief in english but holds different ranks in society like how sama or dono in Japanese honorifics can mean a high ranking official. A fuedal lord could be sama or dono. Same with a king

Yeah my Grandfather was a Chief, and his Uncle (my grandfather was more like a son than nephew and pretty much referred to as a son) was higher in the chiefdom and seen as a leader of our tribe. In documents my Great Grand Uncle was referred to as the leader of our tribe.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Africans in general are not warring people. Look at mansa musa's kingdom. Power didnt have to be spread by the sword. We did ours through wealth and culture

majority of these folks can only look at African history through the eyes of a white person since this is who they were conditioned to emulate/strive to be.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Yeah my Grandfather was a Chief, and his Uncle (my grandfather was more like a son than nephew and pretty much referred to as a son) was higher in the chiefdom and seen as a leader of our tribe. In documents my Great Grand Uncle was referred to as the leader of our tribe.
:patrice:yall still using the word tribe huh.

Think you said you were somali correct but your telling me your great uncle commandeered 5+ million people?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Levels. There were local chiefs you could consider as governors or mayors or various elected state officials. And they were high chiefs that would be equal to that of king, pm, or president dependings on that ethnostates governing principles.

The thing is that the language title becomes localized as chief in english but holds different ranks in society like how sama or dono in Japanese honorifics can mean a high ranking official. A fuedal lord could be sama or dono. Same with a king

from what I seen Kings were called Kings, and Chiefs were more like Mayors/Statesmen/Governers or something. There were tiers to chiefdom also. In many Kingdoms you still had different chiefs who served as the representatives of their tribes/clans in the presence of the overall governments.

Thanks to you both for the correction/clarification from different perspectives.
Sometimes people might enter these threads and think that people are trying to disparage cont. Africans, but it's really more of a discussion. Sometimes in the discussion, person might not understand context.....like I didn't with the use of the word "chief". You both corrected and educated me, thanks.

John Henrik Clarke, who I've quoted directly and indirectly throughout this thread, said in lectures(and in the book I posted) that Euros created the term chief to downplay the power of African leaders. The euro slave merchants were coming frrom countries that still had monarchs and they didn't want to equate African leaders with their kings.

So, like I said.....I understood chief to mean king.....but I met too many people claiming their father was king, and got confused.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Thanks to you both for the correction/clarification from different perspectives.
Sometimes people might enter these threads and think that people are trying to disparage cont. Africans, but it's really more of a discussion. Sometimes in the discussion, person might not understand context.....like I didn't with the use of the word "chief". You both corrected and educated me, thanks.

John Henrik Clarke, who I've quoted directly and indirectly throughout this thread, said in lectures(and in the book I posted) that Euros created the term chief to downplay the power of African leaders. The euro slave merchants were coming frrom countries that still had monarchs and they didn't want to equate African leaders with their kings.

So, like I said.....I understood chief to mean king.....but I met too many people claiming their father was king, and got confused.

Most historical documentation I 've seen called Kings, Kings, and Chiefs, Chiefs.

Chief could have simply been the translated term Africans stuck with to describe someone who is like a Political leader. For instance, Spiritual leaders are never called Chief, Chief is always used in the context of a governing leader/representative. A king is usually an all encompassing leader.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Whose said they didn't. Jesus christ some of you should actually head back to the continent and read up thoroughly on certain countries history

You nikkas almost as bad as the Africans back home that have no understanding of the transatlantic slave trade
majority of these folks can only look at African history through the eyes of a white person since this is who they were conditioned to emulate/strive to be.

Both comments are unwarranted and out of pocket

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Igbo isn't a tribe it's an ethnic group. Are you telling me Igbo do not have subgroupings? I beg to differ.
No we don't have sub groupings and why would

Bro i don't think you understand our culture. Anything that can't be deemed igbo is simply not igbo

Again i'm not angry but more so frustrated because I've made that same view point multiple times in different aados threads which people seem to understand for some reason

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No we don't have sub groupings and why would

Bro i don't think you understand our culture. Anything that can't be deemed igbo is simply not igbo

Again i'm not angry but more so frustrated because I've made that same view point multiple times in different aados threads which people seem to understand for some reason

Who are the Ezaa people.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Both comments are unwarranted and out of pocket
I said what i said. The ignorance on both sides is amazing. I constantly have to correct people back home aggressively on the importance and severity of the slave trade. This thread is just the coin flip version of AA understanding of african history.

I don't think you people realize the very hypercritical cultural misunderstanding between the 2 groups