Hov copping pleas for Tidal on Twitter.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
How is Jay charging 9.99 for Tidal which is the same thing at premium spotify charging you more for the same bullshyt? It's the same price plus,

You guys got me out here looking like the Tidal PR team just because fake outrage annoys me that much. The only thing Spotify has on Tidal is a 5 million song head start and an improved search system.

ding dingi ding

Spotify margins 2 years ago was around 2%-3%

it's the same royalty heavy model, until you start charging $20 buck, which I believe should shrink the royalty payout to less than 75%

additioanlly, spotify has about 80% of users streaming for free and using advertisment to cover taht costs - i expect Tidal to be positive faster than what it took Spotify to scale. If they are operating in the negative it's due to restructuring right now

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
:what:
Was your goal to agree with me, because that's what you just did.
Spotify didn't LAUNCH until 2008 which is not 9 years.
And youtube is NOT worth 400 billion. Google is. Not even close to being the same thing. Google being worth 400 bill does not make youtube worth that much.
Youtube is actually worth about 40 billion, long way from 400 billion.

Tidal is NOT available in Nigeria according to Tidal's own site.

I don't see Nigeria.
If all your facts are wrong then you have no point.

when did he say tidal is available in Nigeria ??

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when did he say tidal is available in Nigeria ??
When did who say that? Jay Z? I never said Jay did say it, I asked if it was.

If you're talking about the poster I quoted, he claimed Tidal operated anywhere in the world in response to my question about Nigeria. When according to Tidal's own site that's obviously not the case.

Why wont yall nikkas read? :stopitslime:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
When did who say that? Jay Z? I never said Jay did say it, I asked if it was.

If you're talking about the poster I quoted, he claimed Tidal operated anywhere in the world in response to my question about Nigeria. When according to Tidal's own site that's obviously not the case.

Why wont yall nikkas read? :stopitslime:

:huhldup:

my fault,my fault

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I always scroll thru these celebrity tweets n there's always these type of nikkas...

raise your sons my nikkas

Last edited:
Daps
Does not negate my point for Nigeria/Africa as a business option

Nobody said it wasn't a viable business option. They were laughing at it because it was random, and on top of multiple back to back tweets.

Jay stuttering on Twitter like he's on hot 97 after NY overwhelmingly said ether destroyed him.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This the most amount of times Jay has tweeted in ever. He's insecure about this
yall sound dumb. he's insecure? of course he is. what business owner wouldnt do damage control. yall been on FULL HATE TIDAL mode since the guy and his wife + music buddies bought the business.

Just think about it for a moment. What real life business blows up over night and stays that way? we're not talking about some APP. we're talking a business that was already out there that was bought out by some other company? it takes awhile. like the man said and iposted the facts. do you need me to post them again? SPOTIFY had all kinds of issues early on. and they didnt have nearly the same competition as Tidal does.
forget that its jigga, Be, yeezy and friends. its just another business. let that man live. good grief.

every other day "tidal is floppin, tidal is sh...., hov losing...tidal aint doin numbas.... i'm sticking with spotify..i'm sticking with (insert established streaming service)...then the pocket checking(i aint about to make artist richer)... how dumb is that last statement? you hate rich people that much that you wont pay for a service thats being going on since who knows when? but you will pay for spotify and the likes. but when its tidal talking about doing the right thing by folks who actually created the art(not some jewish label owner that sat around the desk.)

i'm beginning to think the man is right some of yall may have been paid to hate like that. every single day i see a new hate post about this little business thats trying to creep into the market. let it live(unless you're part of the propaganda campaign..being paid by corporations to hate on it..) then we know who you are.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well depends, is this true?

if thats the case the man just got another 220 subs... So what part of that is not true? he never said "when i bougth the company......"

he said WE HAVE X number of subscribers. is he not supposed to include the ones that were there before they bought it? thats like google not counting the subscribers of youtube before they bought youtube? do you see how crazy yall sound out here ? yall hating this hard and not making any logical business sense.