Hov copping pleas for Tidal on Twitter.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So don't pay for it. I don't understand the hate.

Hate comes with how it was presented.... :yeshrug: I mean these groups of artists are already fukking rich and they want more money to peddle some new bullshyt. alot of people was gonna backlash against it...

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Hate comes with how it was presented.... :yeshrug: I mean these groups of artists are already fukking rich and they want more money to peddle some new bullshyt. alot of people was gonna backlash against it...
but isnt that just like any other company.....

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so let me get this right....

people wanna say

"jay doesnt own tidal he is just a spokesman"

and clowned him for getting paid REGARDLESS of sucess or failure

like a week ago

but this week its

"haha jay z failed"

so jay is back to being owner again? lol

but anyway lets keep it real here

when it comes to tidal

fukk jay z

he is really not important in the matter and here is why

1. those tweets are more than likely fro a PR team as 99% of jay z tweets have been as he would literally announce when it was him tweeting

2.the service is giving 75% of royalties to the artists as tweeted

thats just unheard of

3. indy acts get an amazing deal out of it

now 2 and 3 are what matters

at the end of the day the company can fold tomorrow morning

but guess what?

they already paid jay z in full

so he doesnt lose here at all

all he would lose is the 2% he would make going forward which is not a loss and its not money he would have had anyway lol

now to me whats crazy is online and especially on this forum is

people will be FAST to shyt on

labels
CACS
industry anything
"the machine"
label CEO

etc...

and say

"culture vulture"
"they robbin these artists"

etc...

hell when that video came out of bobby dancin on the table at his label ya went OFFF

but tidal givin these artists and fair shake

its fukk tidal and fukk jay z

now granted its BEYOND obvious people only care to bash because of jay z

i mean take another streaming service like pandora and they had done some FOUL shyt in the past

went from free with limited commercials(paid sign up for no commercials)

to free with only a few hours per month being able to be streamed AND with commercials that counted against your play time

which was GRIMEY

but no posts about this lol

and mind you the service is still going

but my point is

ya really happy about a service catering to the artist and paying them fairly not being successful?

how ignorant is that? lol

again as i said fukk jay z in this matter he really doesnt matter hes BEEN paid a hefty amount as a spokeperson and he is in the green off this deal REGARDLESS

but artists deserve to be paid fairly

these other companies are not doing that

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
I dont really understand the insecure talk. He put up 50+ million dollars to get this thing going. Advertising his business on his social network isn't insecure. He's just doing what he feels necessary to build up hype for his product.
He's responding to the back lash its un camel like.

He's clearly feeling the pressure :laff:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
but isnt that just like any other company.....

Dont know... Like i said presentation was everything and they failed... They could have said we have a free option, $10, or $20... but they was like nah y'all nikkas gonna pay about $10-$20 plus taxes after that free trial run out playa... and think shyt was sweet...

Alot of other companies give the customers better choices because in this economy not everyone was gonna pay $20 for streaming music... If jay-z came out the gate and said $5 a month for exclusives, free tracks and videos.... bottom line he could have undercut alot of companies but the nikka is straight up greedy, aint no one paying $20+ tax a month to listen to hifi music... :scust::camby:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
The obsession you cats have with this is odd…going out of your way to hate on someone only because they are more successful than you? :dwillhuh:

Worse case scenario…Tidal bombs and Jay losses all of his money…he still has more than you, your whole family…and your whole family tree…
…and you really think the joke is on him? :usure:
:what:Using this logic the coli couldn't clown no celebrity or artist. Drake, Nas, 50, Kobe, Lebron nobody. They all got more money than us. Camel stans need to stop:cape:. He's going to be alright.:heh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I can't see that being financially viable. Even Deezer charges like 15.99 for it. I suppose they could do that.

Deezer? I've never even heard of that. lol

Which is proof that teh streaming game is already overcrowded. Spotify, TIDAL, Beats, XBox music, Google Music, Rdio.....Deezer. Who else?

iit's the same as to why there's no need for any other social media app.

Mass amounts of people ultimately find their way to 1 or 2 spots and settle

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
It would be so good for hip hop if someone like Cam went in on Jay now. He aint really got an angle tho... Maybe fif?

BlackMagnus514

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He would have been better explaining all of this at the press conference instead of on Twitter where it comes off as disengenuous and whiny.

The press conference came across like "we deserve to make these millionaires richer"....when they should have had some standout indie artists up on stage. on top of that, he used to sell drugs, he should understand that you dont just bogart into someones territory by offering the same product for a higher price without actually having a name to justify said product.

The average consumer doesnt care about loseless audio quality, i can tell you that much.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Dont know... Like i said presentation was everything and they failed... They could have said we have a free option, $10, or $20... but they was like nah y'all nikkas gonna pay about $10-$20 plus taxes after that free trial run out playa... and think shyt was sweet...

Alot of other companies give the customers better choices because in this economy not everyone was gonna pay $20 for streaming music... If jay-z came out the gate and said $5 a month for exclusives, free tracks and videos.... bottom line he could have undercut alot of companies but the nikka is straight up greedy, aint no one paying $20+ tax a month to listen to hifi music... :scust::camby:
but you can get music for free anyway,in fact how much free music have you downloaded since you jumped on the internet....so why complain about artist getting money?

he is offering a service,just like the rest....

the thing is,I think some of you would back this but because its jay-z ,you guys want to find an excuse

all of a sudden people wanna be stingy with their money,but put kicks,the new Iphone, xbox or playstation on the line and the are all for it:patrice:

notice the rise in console games,remember the days when shyt was a lil cheaper:francis:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Deezer? I've never even heard of that. lol

Which is proof that teh streaming game is already overcrowded. Spotify, TIDAL, Beats, XBox music, Google Music, Rdio.....Deezer. Who else?

iit's the same as to why there's no need for any other social media app.

Mass amounts of people ultimately find their way to 1 or 2 spots and settle
There's more people on Netflix than all the streaming sites put together. No one has won that yet (if it can be won). Deezer is a Swedish company but it has 16 million users or something like that. There always ends up being another social media application though. Snapchat, Instagram, twitter, facebook, yik yak, tumblr, etc. It never ends.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
but you can get music for free anyway,in fact how much free music have you downloaded since you jumped on the internet....so why complain about artist getting money?

he is offering a service,just like the rest....

the thing is,I think some of you would back this but because its jay-z ,you guys want to find an excuse

all of a sudden people wanna be stingy with their money,but put kicks,the new Iphone, xbox or playstation on the line and the are all for it:patrice:

notice the rise in console games,remember the days when shyt was a lil cheaper:francis:

....What??!!?! :heh: It's not just because it's Jay-z it's because he's a greedy fukking b*stard... :dahell: Why you defending this bullshyt???