Houston TX thread

Supper

All Star
Daps
That part doesn't get talked about enough on the biggest issue with gentrification, gone are the days where white/non black people push black people into the suburbs as they move into the city and repeat the cycle to go back into the suburbs, they trying to push black people out of the city and keep the suburbs for themselves, only leaving the outskirts the only option. History repeats itself from those who don't learn from it, but it will be different from the one before.

Also, I grew up in Fort Bend, so I can only speak on what I know with FBISD, not so much with HISD seeing as most of the posters itt is from Harris County.

Yeah, I could see the trajectory eventually going that way if the inner city was fully gentrified. Especially for the rapidly growing and developing immediate burbs to the south and west(the most populated area) such as in fort bend and brazoria county.

Far as school districts, bruh I been outta school for over a decade now. So, what I'm saying bout the school districts ain't really even based in personal experience, but the data. You can see it for yourself @ txschools.gov

But, yeah I'll say FBISD is one of the good burb school districts for black students.

For the most part black migration to the burbs and outskirts is driven by a combination of affordability, ignorance on how to lead a prosperous city life, prevailing romanticized narratives about "leaving the hood", and irrational fear mongering of "the hood".

Black parents out here really be so spooked of the inner city and being in proximity to other black folk they fk round and let their kids grow up with psychological scars from constant racial abuse, cuz they wanted to chase some lily white house on the hills fantasy in the burbs.

I sat and watched this whole thing today. Shyt sad man. Also I noticed out the other so called non black "POC"(which they ain't really) acted out throughout this shyt. :mjpls:

To be fair that burb is the dfw. Still I wouldn't be THAT surprised if some shyt like that happened out in the woodlands somewhere. In fact shyt like that HAS happened out in kingwood already. smh

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Though looking at that list of coming big developments in the houston area, there's quite a bit in katy. I can see why that black couple in the quoted comment has been investing in that area for while, especially with the new HCC and UofH campuses that just opened right around the area they were trying to purchase property in.

This is how black americans who already know what's up with these racist burbs should be operating if they're going to make moves there- Strategically and from positions of power. That couple wasn't just trying to live there. They were looking for investment properties to be LANDLORDS in that community and I think they even own some commercial property in the area if I heard them correctly in the recording.

Even better if we had a network of black american business owners, real estate investors and consultants that could strategize on how to attack valuable burbs like katy by congregating ourselves, our businesses, community centers and other resources in a certain part as to have a center of power to operate there and then elect members of the community to get involved with the local politics, school boards, and city planning commissions(or decide who to endorse).

The chinese community in Houston have something like that with the Kenneth Li and the Southwest Realty Group(the company responsible for building Houston's chinatown).

Southwest Realty Group website.

But, most black ppl who move out to those places ain't thinking like that and go in there naive, isolated and vulnerable thinking they're "movin on up" and get blindsided like them ppl in Southlake TX.

@3rd Ward Swangin

black couple suing racist asian real estate agent for refusing to sell condo to them.

:whoo:
They got receipts on deck

Links to list of new developments eye'd for '22 and '23 respectively.

Part of following the flow of capital and making smart moves on where to settle and invest in houston is being able to anticipate what areas are getting big investments in the future by keeping an eye on major developments to come in the region. These developments lead to greater tax revenue which goes towards public amenities, like roads, schools, parks, libraries, clinics etc and increase in property value, as well as the tons of new commercial office and retail space creates many new entrepreneurship and job opportunities for the community, especially if there's a community benefits agreement with the developer(hence why engaging in local politics/associations is a must).

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
7 public spending propositions for the city on the ballet for the election today.

Wont result in higher property tax.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Industrial Business Park coming to South Park off Mykawa and Dixie.

main-TX-Lovett-starts-construction-on-its-8th-Houston-industrial-project-705x439.jpg

Lovett Industrial’s Frank Liu and Charlie Meyer (Lovett Industrial, Getty)

In south Houston, Lovett started Phase I of 610 Business District consisting of two speculative industrial buildings. Completion is planned in August 2023. Future phases in the 113-acre business park at Mykawa Road and Dixie Drive can accommodate up to 1 million square feet of development. Phase I will have a 291,459-square foot cross-dock building with a 36-foot clear height, and a 97,336 square foot front-load building with a 32-foot clear height. Andrew Jewett Sr., Nathan Wynne, and Jason Dillee of CBRE are marketing the project. Associated Bank provided construction financing. Alston Construction is the general contractor, More Architecture Studio is the architect and ALJ Lindsey is the civil engineer.

1200x0.jpg

Screenshot-2022-11-08-at-18-26-39-Mykawa-Rd-Dixie-Dr-Houston-TX-77087.png

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Did Hidalgo win? Crazy how a lot the city establishment turned on her. I wonder what went down in the background.

Houston a wild ass city. Theyll boo ted cruz but cheer a evil sob like mattress mack who shares the same views as cruz. Probably donates to him too. Matress mack dont do anything unless it promotes his over priced furniture store. People from Houston really think that crack head got a heart of gold :dahell:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Did Hidalgo win? Crazy how a lot the city establishment turned on her. I wonder what went down in the background.

Houston a wild ass city. Theyll boo ted cruz but cheer a evil sob like mattress mack who shares the same views as cruz. Probably donates to him too. Matress mack dont do anything unless it promotes his over priced furniture store. People from Houston really think that crack head got a heart of gold :dahell:

Yep Hidalgo won.

Mostly every major seat is unchanged. The biggest change I can see is with Repubs losing Harris county commissioners court precinct 4 to a latina democrat.

Far as matress mack. I actually didn't know bout any of his controversial political beliefs. I'll have to look into that. I only know him for his stores and philanthropy.

When people feel like there's someone that "up there" that genuinely cares about them, it goes a long way. They'll get behind him.

Sound like he's smart enough not know how to stay out the way when he needs to(like when controversy is happening), not let those views be what the masses know him for, and be present when he needs to, so we see the side of him he wants us to, unlike teddy boy, cuz I sure as hell ain't know bout any controversial views from mack. Like Lil flip be saying, its a whole art to "stayin out the way" and being only where you need to be.

His image as a philanthropist made him into the people's champ.

Honestly if Trae knew how to do that better, and stay outta bs, he could easily run for office and win here. Cuz outside of old rap beefs, ppl really love him down here for everything he does for the city.

Hell, breh in yo avi- I can tell you right now. People are are lovin him being down here so far, especially in the black community cuz of his philantropy and bringing big events and projects to the city. Breh might be able to pull off some black Schwarzenegger shyt when it's all said and done lol.

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
What the actual city limits of houston look like.

Orange- Full Service

Red- Limited Service

Screenshot-2022-11-15-at-03-41-03-Houston-Map-Viewer.png

Source

And I say, as a native htine resident- mane, wut?

1e5.jpg

Last edited: