Houston TX thread

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I still haven't gotten over Astroworld being torn down. :to:

Not really, shyt is kind of an eyesore in that area, time for it to come down.

But like the poster above, the fact we have not gotten a replacement for Astroworld is sickening.

I don't think I will ever get over Astroworld. It would have been Fright Fest right now :sadbron:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I don't think I will ever get over Astroworld. It would have been Fright Fest right now :sadbron:

We used to have a routine. Get that summer pass, get dropped off by our parents on their way to work and kill the whole day there.

First stop

Six-Flags-Astroworld-Viper-rollercoasters-33443207-392-364.jpg

Walk right over to

Serial_Thriller_5.JPG

Then cut across the way and hit the Texas Cyclone (last car, hands up throughout :smugbiden:)

sfaw6.jpg

Greased Lightning, Ultra Twister, XLR-8, Batman...:banderas:

And the girls :whew: That moment when the hot chick in the line sat next to you :ohlawd:

The mid-90s...how I miss them :win:

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
We used to have a routine. Get that summer pass, get dropped off by our parents on their way to work and kill the whole day there.

First stop

Six-Flags-Astroworld-Viper-rollercoasters-33443207-392-364.jpg

Walk right over to

Serial_Thriller_5.JPG

Then cut across the way and hit the Texas Cyclone (last car, hands up throughout :smugbiden:)

sfaw6.jpg

Greased Lightning, Ultra Twister, XLR-8, Batman...:banderas:

And the girls :whew: That moment when the hot chick in the line sat next to you :ohlawd:

The mid-90s...how I miss them :win:

:banderas: the visuals :salute:, you could ride the greased lightning land the serpent like 5 times. We would always close the park out with the excalibur, cause why not :manny: we could ride that twice before the time my mom would threaten to leave us. the XLR-8 was like the chill ride. We would walk or seat under that canopy thing by the Texas Cyclone, see if guys would try to talk to us. And the Taz ride was never open when I went. We would go to Waterworld early and then walk over to astroworld.

:damn:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody done mentioned AstroWorld :russ:

I moved to Houston long after it was gone but I notice nikkas still get :wow: whenever somebody brings it up

What did I miss?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Somebody done mentioned AstroWorld :russ:
I moved to Houston long after it was gone but I notice nikkas still get :wow: whenever somebody brings it up

What did I miss?

Oh I don't know childhood maybe? A right of passage for houston kids?

"A lil spot where, young men and young women go to experience, they first lil taste of the night life..."

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
They are tearing down the Astrodome, do you care?

INCORRECT ....... voters will decide next month... a UofH architecture student came up with some idea to renovate it ... I think it would be a badass botanical gardens,
botanical-garden-02.jpg

http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/13812...avent-Started-Tearing-Down-The-Astrodome.html

dome-006-construction.jpg

County Judge Ed Emmett says the work going on at the Astrodome right now isn't what he would call "demolition."
"I would actually like to call them improvements to the Dome rather than demolition to the Dome. This does in no way presage any demolition of the Dome. This is an improvement that had to be made, probably should have been made a long time ago, but we're doing it now."
The work is being done in advance of next month referendum on the Dome's future.
Harris County voters are being asked to decide on a $217 million bond issue.
If it's approved, revenues would be used to convert the Dome into a large-scale events facility.
And as for all that activity around the Dome right now:
[construction sounds]
Edgar Colon with the Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation says he doesn't want people to get the wrong idea.
"Our concern is that the word got out somehow that the demolishing of the Astrodome has started and that's not the case."
So what exactly are they doing?
Colon says it's work that needs to be done whether the Astrodome stays or goes.

"They're removing right now some of the old ticket windows we had here, we're removing some of the berms, the stairs, the ramps. That's work that has to be done regardless."
County officials say the plan is to turn the Astrodome into what they call the gateway to Reliant Park.
They envision a multipurpose venue that would host business gatherings, along with public events like fairs and concerts.
"In a nutshell it's going to give us 350,000 square feet of column-free, air-conditioned space that is going to be flexible enough to host any event that you can imagine. And that brings great possibilities for conventions and exhibits and trade shows that we can bring to the area."
The work that's currently underway will cost Harris County about $8 million

http://www.brewershouse.com/images/botanical-garden-02.jpg

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
INCORRECT ....... voters will decide next month... a UofH architecture student came up with some idea to renovate it ... I think it would be a badass botanical gardens,
botanical-garden-02.jpg
g

My mistake. That's a good idea, I think anything with the frame an some type of open air attraction/place would be cool.