Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's preseason but the ball movement looked really good. Actually looked like a team. That 3rd quarter showed a lot of potential.

I'd like to see this lineup get a good amount of minutes through the season:
Sengun
Green
Tari
Cam
Jabari

Sengun can run the offense in the half court.
Jalen can handle the secondary playmaking and bring the ball up.
Tari for defense/scoring/hustle
Cam for more big-body scoring
Jabari for defense/shooting

I think that's a large lineup where you can get a lot of three-level scoring, defense and utility with unselfish play.

Of course the big thing is to get Thompson comfortable, but this lineup can do a lot of heavy-lifting in the meantime.

Last edited:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

Five minutes into a pre season game, your boy gets booted to doing a nut check.
:mjtf:
Houston get your boy. He was probably man Germany won gold at the World Cup.
:mjlol:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's preseason buy the ball movement looked really good. Actually looked like a team. That 3rd quarter showed a lot of potential.

I'd like to see this lineup get a good amount of minutes through the season:
Sengun
Green
Tari
Cam
Jabari

Sengun can run the offense in the half court.
Jalen can handle the secondary playmaking and bring the ball up.
Tari for defense/scoring/hustle
Cam for more big-body scoring
Jabari for defense/shooting

I think that's a large lineup where you can get a lot of three-level scoring, defense and utility with unselfish play.

Of course the big thing is to get Thompson comfortable, but this lineup can do a lot of heavy-lifting in the meantime.
They need to have at least three perimeter shooters in the floor at all times. The game got a lil ugly last night at one point when Ime threw out a lineup with no shooters. He had Amen out there Landale, Holiday, Tate, and I think Tari. We had no shooting and the game got ugly. It’s only preseason but Ine needs to figure out his floor lineups. Those 2 way contracts are better perimeter shooters than dudes on our main roster.

At this point Amen. Should go to the gleague before Cam. Cam plays his role well. no over dribbling or pointless dribbling. He moves with a purpose on the court. Tari is my guy and great but sometimes he be holding the ball for no reason. I seen Ime looking irritated with him holding the ball and doin nothin. I was jsut happy he saw it. Tari doesn’t need the ball in his hand. He need to spot up and cut. We had. 24 second violation on possession where Tari was jsut holding the ball and doin nothin and we had Van Vleet and Green onthe floor

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Jabari looks like he has taken a big step during the summer, it's translated to the preseason and it needs to translate to the regular season. Also it seems like Cam is more NBA ready right now than Amen. I like Amen's size and length but he is gonna have to learn how to be the primary ballhandler/playmaker at the NBA level. Hopefully FVV can get him right in that aspect.

And the defensive intensity is great they better play like this in the regular season on that side of the court.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jabari looks like he has taken a big step during the summer, it's translated to the preseason and it needs to translate to the regular season. Also it seems like Cam is more NBA ready right now than Amen. I like Amen's size and length but he is gonna have to learn how to be the primary ballhandler/playmaker at the NBA level. Hopefully FVV can get him right in that aspect.

And the defensive intensity is great they better play like this in the regular season on that side of the court.
It’s harder for pg’s transitioning. Cam is more ready at the moment because his floor responsibilities aren’t as extensive as Amen. They need to surround Amen with cutter shooters and shooters. He looked good in the second half because he played with a better floor unit eight starters

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why this dude Stone keep trading for former players :francis: First Wall, now Dipo, new he gone bring Wood back?:dahell:

And how many fukking veterans does he need? we got all these niggihs at the end of the bench taking up roster spots who we don’t ever want to see get in the floor :martin:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
^they have youth all over the place. They’re not trying to have an AAU team again, especially with Ime as a coach.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
^they have youth all over the place. They’re not trying to have an AAU team again, especially with Ime as a coach.

Yeah that makes sense. If Ime has to go deep into the bench because of injury or something it's better to turn to a vet who has played in the league than an inexperience youngster who could be out for himself, timid or just inconsistent. I'm sure Ime is thinking Play-In or better and have experienced players on the roster can help in a lot of ways.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
UGLY third quarter but overall I dig the general play of the guys. Jalen looks like he ain’t missing a beat at all, and him and FVV look like a nice tandem. Jabari looks like he can shoot over anybody and I hope that continues to translate in the regular season. Nice rebound game from Al P after that last shoddy game (or maybe two games ago).

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
6th man role gonna be nice for Amen. too many guys in the starting lineup need their shots, he can feast against the 2nd units.