Housing Projects in France

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
All jokes aside, them PJs in suburban Paris are grimy as hell. Not a place you wanna be caught slippin. French nikkas are some of the most gully mofos in Europe. I think there was this internationally popular hood movie that took place in those PJs but I forgot what it’s called.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
They've been using "feminism" and the "liberating women" narrative since the invasion of Algeria, it's the same old technique now. Just like how nationalists and extreme-rights supposedly want to "protect" women from "rapist foreigners" etc. Sure there's areas where it's tougher to be a woman, but that can be said in a lot of poorer areas. Strangely enough they try to paint sexism as a Muslim/immigrant issue, yet they say every woman is harassed all the time at work, public transportation, in politics, media, everywhere. Either Muslims have the gift of ubiquity, or something isn't adding up :unimpressed:

Anyway yes been living in Paris since 2012

How’s everyday life in Paris? What is it about both the city and the country that you like and dislike?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
How’s everyday life in Paris? What is it about both the city and the country that you like and dislike?

Vast question, but...

City :

Like :

- Extremely wide choice of cultural events/happenings etc. Theater, movies, concerts, dj-sets, book launchings, exhibitions, etc.
- Centrality of Paris : easy to travel everywhere in France and Europe
- Large African presence (and of other cultures too)
- Public transportation is quite good (inside Paris)
- Not a bad place to walk in (I like walking)

Dislike :

- Not enough green
- High rent and general cost of life
- Long distances
- City is not the most "coziest", don't know how to explain it. Can give a "cold" and "distant" vibe (the city itself, not necessarily the people)...far from being laid-back that's for sure.
- Noisy.

Like :

- Variety of sceneries. North is quite different from the South, from the mentality standpoint too. And local twists on local french
- Again, lots of cultural stuff going on in a lot of different cities. Actually I don't take advantage of that nearly enough.
- Food in general is good, and again quite different depending where you go
- Again, good public transportation

Dislike:

- Political climate, right and extreme-right. You don't necessarily feel it in everyday life, but you know it's there. Politics in general and obviously the history.
- Mostly don't like the north of the country, which is where I've lived most of the time :francis:
- I'm always attracted to foreign languages so obviously living in France and being francophone myself I don't get that pleasure of practicing other languages a lot. But that has more to do with me than with the country

Probably a lot more to it but that's what comes in mind :yeshrug:

Guizmo

Double Poney Swag
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
94, France
Yeah i don't listen to what we doing right now it's so corny and try hard. Koba LaD can't stand him :scust:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yeah i don't listen to what we doing right now it's so corny and try hard. Koba LaD can't stand him :scust:
I fukk with him but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea:manny: I love his voice

I feel like the corny & try hard element always been in some mainstream french rappers tho. That's what happens when you play 2nd fiddle :yeshrug:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I actually was in Paris when THECOLI was just sending out registry invitations and I made my account at the Aloha Hostel. :heh:
U can tell they got hoods.

I think they let the family unit LIVE TOGETHER THO.....(Mom, Dad, Children). Here in the USA they wanted to fukk our DEVELOPMENT UP so they made the DAD toxic and would not allow a complete family unit.
That's where they fukked us up at - financially and between the ears.