an argument could be made against firefighters rocking jheri curls. rip MJ
GiddyHideousKoi-size_restricted.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Which pretty much means nothing will be enforced cause the bar is super high to to win discrimination cases. Typically you need a smoking gun or someone being stupid enough to admit to it.
Generally thats easy in this case though because they usually publish their discrimantory dress code in the employee handbooks or at the front door of their business. you literally have hair discrimination is writing 50% of the time. the other half will be the people that reject interview candidates because of their hair and stuff. that will be harder to enforce.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
As if businesses are going to be sitting ducks. The truth is that some hairstyles are not appropriate for certain businesses.
I get the law about texture but the problematic part is about styles.
Damn you're super coo. nservative.

I'm sure there's clauses in for safety issues and If someone decided to walk in with 12 feet of Yaki weave for an interview they could just not hire them.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Personally i think bolded is entirely subjective, there is no correct or incorrect hairstyle.
but lets say you are right, for example a job like the army has hair restrictions. In those cases they require a specific uniform style for everyone. They don't ban certain hairstyles, they ban all of them.
So in those cases it's easier to say it's non discriminatory.

they reversed the ban a few years ago.