House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
As a show watcher only, it actually felt way too convenient and annoying that we’ll have another “important” character that we don’t care about. Like other said, the character development on this show has been stifled by the first season, and possibly this one. They chose a plot point focused show - cool, I’m sure the people who wanted nothing but action from GOT are satisfied - but like, even rooting for team black, I don’t feel connected to them and don’t care about any of them being offed.
I think that's the point. You aren't supposed to care cause all of them ain't worth shyt.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think that's the point. You aren't supposed to care cause all of them ain't worth shyt.
There’s a difference between not liking characters (cuz they ain’t shyt) vs not caring about characters/being wholly indifferent. Little Finger ain’t shyt for all his schemein, but he evoked emotion from viewers as we had strong feelings about him one way or another.

Like these people are just there, at this point I really just wanna see Criston Cole die, he’s the only one I have strong feelings about - weak ass nikka. :birdman:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Otto: And what has Sir Criston Cole done?

Aegon: He sent Arryk to kill Rhaenyra :obama:

Otto: Alone?
F0bBqn3.png

Aegon: Yeah. :yeshrug:

Otto:
u3VDW4K.png
:troll:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Who were those people in the cottage, the man with the long hair, and his wife, and the girl in the bed?
I think that was the dude(blacksmith?) who asked aegon for money when he was on the throne. The farmer asked for his goats, but Otto stopped aegon from doing it. Against Otto's wishes Aegon told the blacksmith he would give him extra pay or an advance, something like that.

Im assuming with the death of his son Aegon gonna reneg on that promise and it's gonna cause a lot of issues for the army :francis:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
I don't even think they fukked up the editing because during the fight they both get leg injuries. Either way, this highlights the importance of media literacy. Like, why the hell would the assassin apologize in a fealty like way before committing that? It was obvious it was Rhaenyra's vassal that won the fight, both by his actions and her reaction
This...alot of people just don't understand how to watch and digest TV shows anymore, and they have to dumb things down for the viewing audience. It's sad..but I feel like we as a populace are too stupid for deep, well woven stories brought to tv.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
There’s a difference between not liking characters (cuz they ain’t shyt) vs not caring about characters/being wholly indifferent. Little Finger ain’t shyt for all his schemein, but he evoked emotion from viewers as we had strong feelings about him one way or another.

Like these people are just there, at this point I really just wanna see Criston Cole die, he’s the only one I have strong feelings about - weak ass nikka. :birdman:
I felt nothing about any character dying because I learned from Naruto not to invest in characters besides the plot shield ones.

Other than Infinity War, I haven't been shocked at characters deaths.

GoT and HoD can't shock me with deaths, because I just get into characters cause you know not to.

This is the drawback for knowing how screenplays work and being an artist. We have an higher ordinance of thinking due to our creativity.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

He’s dead, and that was a white man.
I think he’s trying to say he’s a b*stard, which is probably a big spoiler if true. I’m not even sure who you are talking about though. I must have zoned out. I don’t remember a dude with long hair in a cottage