House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
It's been like damn near 100 years of TOTAL PEACE in the Seven Kingdoms at the time. Two kings, peaceful exchange of power, no one beefing. No one would have expected that level of subterfuge. This was an act that was UNHEARD OF at the time (a thing I think the show should have played up more.) People did NOT get down like that. Not to mention, no one alive has even been in a real war.

Ain't NONE of them battle tested outside of Corlys and Daemon because of their experience in the Stepstones. And even that ain't WAR, that's crushing an insurgency.
Then add on top of all of that. They all family, no one expected it to escalate like this :francis:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
nikka built like the monster from Smile :skip:
This the baddest MF with a blade? :hhh:
Suckling on some AARP titties getting his Homelander on
RIP to Sers Arryk & Erryk :salute:
Criston proving simping does pay
Got a promotion and still smashing the bosses' wife mother (Dem Targaryans get down like that)

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it for show/entertainment purposes, but shyt is hilarious how far they let people get.

White Worm (most likely) alerted the guards while Crash Dummy twin is in still insight at the dock......they let him get all the way to the Queen's room and only Erryk pulls up

:russ:

Same shyt with Laena being in the middle of labor, probably loosing a child.......Daemon turns his head and all of a sudden she Usain Bolt it to her dragon down on the beach.
I mean, even in more recent times, in the real world, we let an actor walk up, shoot and kill the President of the United States....

These medieval bums aren't geniuses and they're not living in impenetrable fortresses. Y'all overestimate them.

What keeps the masses in line is fear of retaliation. That's all.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMG-2278.jpg

4e335a2aaf793e52310c0dc11ba7c4cff65541ba.gif

:sas2: :sas2: :sas2: :sas2: :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Episode was solid top to bottom outside of that ending. Ending on Ser Erryk's shocking seppuku makes much more sense, Alicent and Criston's relationship is just cringe. Hope that was the last we see of it, looks like Cole leaves KL next week.
I don't follow...I thought that was arryk who killed himself out of shame of what he was sent to do...

...why would Erryk kill himself and APOLOGIZE to the queen? He just defended her

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Can you be kings guard and hand of the king?
Yeah.

King Jaehaerys had the lord commander of his kings guard serve as hand.

Robert also convinced Ned to rejoin as hand by threatening to make Jaime hand if he didn’t accept.

Even a maester has served as hand before.

Anyone can be hand. It’s whoever the king trusts most.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Man something feels off about this show. In the OG Game of Thrones, tons of characters had a strong presence and swagger about them, even if you hated them. In this show, only Daemon, Aemond, Otto, and the Black Velaryon stand out.
The show lacks the complexity of the subplots that the original Game of Thrones had. There really aren't many subplots, none of the lesser tier characters have their motivations revealed. I like the show but there are far too many scenes with Aegon and Rhaenyra. Show is good but won't reach the critical acclaim GOT had.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The show lacks the complexity of the subplots that the original Game of Thrones had. There really aren't many subplots, none of the lesser tier characters have their motivations revealed. I like the show but there are far too many scenes with Aegon and Rhaenyra. Show is good but won't reach the critical acclaim GOT had.
I think the younger characters could use more depth for sure.

im not you

All Star
Daps
I don't follow...I thought that was arryk who killed himself out of shame of what he was sent to do...

...why would Erryk kill himself and APOLOGIZE to the queen? He just defended her
the twin with the leg injury was the one protecting rhaenyra and ended up getting stabbed by the one that was getting choked out

dude that committed that was sent by cole

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the twin with the leg injury was the one protecting rhaenyra and ended up getting stabbed by the one that was getting choked out

dude that committed that was sent by cole
Why would he kill himself and apologize to the queen? That is nonsensical.

I'll have to rewatch the fight. I believe they both got cut in their legs.