House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I don't understand how this show can have a great scene like Larys/Aegon and something legit baffling like Rhae kissing that girl lol

better than season 1 easily but man that's just jarring
I have to recalibrate my mind for this show. I keep expecting GoT level writing, but fact is…it’s not close. The Larys/Aegon scene was the best I’ve seen this season, in terms of meaningful dialogue between 2 characters. The chick that plays Mysaria is flat out terrible. Every scene she’s in feels awkward. That random kiss made no sense at all.

I’m puzzled at the fact they’ve strayed from the source material this early in the series. I’m not confident whoever is writing these changes can piece it all together in a satisfying way. But we shall see. I hope I’m wrong.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Whoever in this thread said they should have made the show taken place during Jaehaerys reign, through Viserys, dance of the dragons, and then onward to the start of Roberts rebellion is right. GOT universe could have easily been as diverse as the Marvel Universe with everything going on. Show could have been on Jaehaerys reign, or even a movie on his reign, then show on Viserys reign but slowed down without the time jumps, then a proper dance with 5 seasons, then a movie on what happens after, and then another show on the blackfyre rebellions. There is so much content that could be done. Maybe it's just money? But I'm very surprised movies haven't been brought up.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I have to recalibrate my mind for this show. I keep expecting GoT level writing, but fact is…it’s not close. The Larys/Aegon scene was the best I’ve seen this season, in terms of meaningful dialogue between 2 characters. The chick that plays Mysaria is flat out terrible. Every scene she’s in feels awkward. That random kiss made no sense at all.

I’m puzzled at the fact they’ve strayed from the source material this early in the series. I’m not confident whoever is writing these changes can piece it all together in a satisfying way. But we shall see. I hope I’m wrong.
emma hit her with that wesley snipes man :dead: that shyt was all the way out of the tone of the script

"daemon was a confused sociopath. my father raped and tried to kill me. i trusted no one until you - my queen :wow:"
*lean in for hug*

....long hug

.... :shaq:

its almost like a completely different show between scenes at times. still better than season 1 by far, but it was just weird

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As people have pointed out, main issue with this show is that it has a lot of writing/acting with inferior writing/acting compared to GoT S1-4. A lot of scenes are just a bunch of wheel-spinning.

It also has two character issues - one, there are too many characters, and a lot of them are underdeveloped and their actors are mediocre and two, there are very few, interesting AND likeable characters. All the interesting characters - Aegon, Daemon, Larys - are just a$$holes.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
WHO the hell is Daeron? :what:

Did they just make up another child out of thin air? :what:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
nOd652I.gif
I need this exact one with “negged” replaced with “BLOCKED”
And then “it’s my fault you forgot what type time I’m on.” after.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla

Daeron is Alicent’s youngest son with Viserys. Not sure why they haven’t had him in the show. Just like Helaena’s youngest son, Maelor, has been left out the show.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
(00:50)

Daeron is Alicent’s son at OldTown.

Before Otto left, he told Alicent he’d go back to OldTown
where Daeron was and the Hightowers have a lotta power.

That was Otto’s back up plan all along.

Daeron was basically at private school in OldTown.
Removed from the fukkery at King’s Landing.

So he would be easier to manipulate and do what Otto wanted,
if needed.

Which is exactly what happened when Aegon took the Throne, didn’t listen and removed Otto as Hand bc of manipulation from Larys..

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
emma hit her with that wesley snipes man :dead: that shyt was all the way out of the tone of the script

"daemon was a confused sociopath. my father raped and tried to kill me. i trusted no one until you - my queen :wow:"
*lean in for hug*

....long hug

.... :shaq:

its almost like a completely different show between scenes at times. still better than season 1 by far, but it was just weweird
Mysaria chick is just snake bitten :pachaha: Her terrible accent was the biggest punchline from season one, and now she's getting dragged into the mud for Emma going off script :dead: