House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
XI3P3ac.gif
G3bDnrK.gif

Fantastic! Could you make one that reads "It's my fault you forgot the type of time I'm on"? Or is that too long?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wonder if those Dragon Tamers are also Valyrians or if they train regular people to do that shyt
Now that I know common folks look at dragons as gods (did not know that prior to melysy beheading — i dont recall them discussing they were gods in GoT. Maybe they did) my guess is theyre devout cultist types.

The way they were all dressed reminded me of monks in diablo 3 (also cultist)

They probably volunteered for the job to give daily praise to what they feel are gods :manny:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Now that I know common folks look at dragons as gods (did not know that prior to melysy beheading — i dont recall them discussing they were gods in GoT. Maybe they did) my guess is theyre devout cultist types.

They probably volunteered for the job to give daily praise to what they feel are gods :manny:
Honestly would be hilarious if the Targs got there with like 30 tamers and just have them fukking each other for 200 years because "only the blood of old Valyria can tame a dragon" or some BS like that.

Alexander Lee

Rookie
Daps
The dragons had been dead for around 150 years by the time of GOT, no person living had ever seen a dragon add in that magic had disappeared from the world at that time and opinions on the dragons was different.

The dragon keepers are actually a relatively recent order. They were founded by King Jahaerys I (the old king) after his niece claimed Balerion and flew away with him. He considered this as thief after she came back he didn’t want for that to happen again so he created the order to guard the dragons 24/7.

They are very different in the show though as they are monk like in the show. In the books they are warriors essentially an order of the kingsguard except for the dragons.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

Valyria was home to all sorts of crazy religions. Many of them, that often differed from another. But the only constant was Dragons+Dragon Magic/Fire Magic=Power. All sorts of Eastern mysteries are woven into Targaryan/Valyrian culture. Which made Aegon The Conquerer embracing Westerosi and Andal customs, so important when he conquered the Westeros. The Targaryens/Valyrians were viewed as an Eastern/Foreign ethnic group. They did a good job of trying to wove the power of the dragons with the Faith Of The Seven once they conquered Westeros. The high septon basically said it was Aegon's divine right to rule and protect the realm. I mean, even if you're a devout follower of the Faith Of The Seven and you view the Targaryen Magic and incest as an abomination and as Demonic, what the hell can you do about it, besides become some BBQ? :mjlol: