House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReasonableMatic

Daps
XI3P3ac.gif
G3bDnrK.gif
I need “negged” in these gifs replaced with “blocked” :ohhh:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
@daemonova banned from this thread :wow: let this be a lesson, the spoiler general on it :ufdup: let us enjoy this show in peace :why:

mafukkas be posting shyt like "watch these next few battles some crazy shyt boutta happen :gladbron: " like what that mean ? Someone called this shyt with Seasmoke like 1-2 weeks ago :camby: talking about a "hunch" cause he "lonely" :camby:

someone else talking about a specific battle name that hasnt even been introduced in the show yet :why:

snoop-dogg-rapper.gif

im not even feeling some of the talk around the blacksmith :ufdup: some yall being lil too specific
Breh's been waging this war against SpoilerSet since the original show threads :wow:

Like the Blackwoods vs Brackens, some beef is eternal :wow:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
In an eight episode season, there's no reason for him to be tripping ghost balls for 3 of them.
Yes there is. When y'all say stuff like this it makes me wonder how y'all treated the OG series.

He cannot politick well enough to handle the finicky relationships of the Riverland houses to unite them under one banner, which leaves him stuck in Harrenhal trying to figure it out over the course of weeks in their real time. As long as he stays in that castle, he's dealing with the supernatural problems that come with it.

This type of issue does not get solved in 48 hours.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes there is. When y'all say stuff like this it makes me wonder how y'all treated the OG series.

He cannot politick well enough to handle the finicky relationships of the Riverland houses to unite them under one banner, which leaves him stuck in Harrenhal trying to figure it out over the course of weeks in their real time. As long as he stays in that castle, he's dealing with the supernatural problems that come with it.

This type of issue does not get solved in 48 hours.
I know why he's there due to the plot and story. It might play better in a binge/rewatch, but it's dragging a bit.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
its interesting watching this show and seeing basically remixes of certain ideas that were explored in Game of Thrones

feels like Im starting to get better at recognizing George's style of storytelling. like the twin that was ignored bonding with a dragon is the sort of ironic twist he loves

One thing I think the show does really well is delve into the thought process of Martin's world. The way it depicts honor for instance....you realize it's a big deal, regardless of the betrayals and murders and sex. For instance in Game Of Thrones, I never felt like the show really delved into why Barristan Selmy is considered one of the greatest knights of all time, or why his mere presence at Dany's side gives her claim to the throne legitimacy. The honorable knights of that world really matter. And HOTD has def nailed that not only in showing what it looks like - the brothers in the Kingsguard for instance - but also what it means to be a rogue and have no honor (Daemon lol).

If they dropped the ball in one area to me it was definitely Arryk before going to Dragonstone on his mission. In the book he prays all night in the Sept, asking forgiveness for what he's about to do. GoT touched on it in S2 when Jaimie asked what if the king asks you to murder your father, or kill the innocent? Do you keep your vows? Is that what honor is? It's one of the most interesting aspects of Martin's world. And of the real world, when you think about on chivalry standards from thousands of years ago.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Not gonna lie expected more from this season and with 2 episodes left it feels like nothings really happened and I don’t know who’s doing dialogue this season but fire them

Everyone’s character feels flat except Aegon it’s criminal what they’ve done to Daemon

Rhaenyra and Alicent were marketed as the main characters and there the most useless and pointless out of all of them :dead:

I kinda felt like this season would leave somethings to be desired, because it was heavily impacted by the writers’s strike. They basically filmed this season without any ability to rewrite scripts onset or throughout the filming of season. Otherwise, season 2 would be coming out next year if they’d waited for the strike to end.