House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Every episode can't be like last week's. But I knew as soon as the episode was over that it'd be called filler. People aren't patient anymore. The reason why last week's episode was so impactful was because all of the setup leading up to it.

A.D.D. ass mufukkaz :mjlol:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Every episode can't be like last week's. But I knew as soon as the episode was over that it'd be called filler. People aren't patient anymore. The reason why last week's episode was so impactful was because all of the setup leading up to it.
Aemond took control of the iron throne.
Jace made an alliance with the Freys, securing one of the most powerful houses in the riverland for the queen and passage for the northmen.
Daemon tried his hand at ruling and diplomacy for the first time and turned the riverlands againts him, plus he made 100% clear his intent to steal the throne.
We got our first sign of revolts from the smallfolk who are now trapped in a city with no food and the queen has sent in a posible instigator.
They decided to find riders for the riderless dragons.

Yet it was "filler" because there weren't fights and explosions :russ:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
No idea. Poor Sunfyre had no idea wtf Aegon was saying :laff: but also :mjcry: to the singing Dragon homie

Council scene was hilarious.
Aegon: I can have to........... make a............. war? :dwillhuh:

Aemond: :jbhmm: :mjlol:

see...there it is...another crash dummy mission for team red or black or whatever the fukk...cant even follow set no more:manny::mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Season 1 spanned 20 years and they were only given ten episodes to cover it (they wanted 12 iirc). But nothing of note happened for years at a time during that time period. If people are complaining about this episode being filler, they would have been crying their eyes out at "nothing happening" for episode upon episode of feasts and balls if they actually decided to slow the season down and not do time jumps.
Cmon Man….

A bunch of targ children were born/grew up.

Rhaenyra started fuccking Lord Strong and had three b*stards by him.

Lots of dragons were claimed.

Viserys got more & more fuccked up looking.

Just because there was no war doesn’t mean nothing noteworthy happened. A ton of shyt happened they skipped over.

Personally I wanted to see how Laena got Vhagar in the first place. They alluded to her wanting her when she was young then we just jump ahead 30 years and she has her.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Game of Thrones did this political build up shyt way better. And there wasn't bloodshed every episode so miss me with the slick sideways remarks
This build for *redacted* not the throne.

Be paitent.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Feel like this ain't making it past 3 seasons. These filler episodes are a waste of time

Last year they said they're aiming for 4 seasons. When the show was first announced I assumed there would be 3 seasons, based on the material in the book. Given the pace of this season yea...they're slow walking shyt. I don't like the phrase "filler" episodes or scenes but I'd say there are a lot of repetitive scenes in each episode. We get it, Rhaenarys small council doesn't respect her and wants to act. And while I understand TV shows have to make characters more likable, I'm baffled at the nonstop repetitive focus on her showing restraint, not being rash, not attacking, etc. All that has taken up a large percentage of screen time.

There are multiple characters they could have expanded storylines for outside of King's Landing and Dragonstone. There are characters IN King's Landing and Dragonstone who are basically just nameless members of court who never have interesting scenes outside of court. Then there are characters like Helaena Targaryen who have traumatic things happen to them and then just...disappear. I like the show overall but def feel they're struggling with characterization a lot.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Cmon Man….

A bunch of targ children were born/grew up.

Rhaenyra started fuccking Lord Strong and had three b*stards by him.

Lots of dragons were claimed.

Viserys got more & more fuccked up looking.

Just because there was no war doesn’t mean nothing noteworthy happened. A ton of shyt happened they skipped over.

Personally I wanted to see how Laena got Vhagar in the first place. They alluded to her wanting her when she was young then we just jump ahead 30 years and she has her.

So u wanna see the queen Rhaenyra unclothed to get her cheeks clapped basically? :mjpls:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
So u wanna see the queen Rhaenyra unclothed to get her cheeks clapped basically? :mjpls:

michael-jordan-yeah.gif