House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll thinking about it too much
The heir prophecy story is simply a show only thing and makes no sense when you consider targaryen succession since Aegon I

I mean the showrunners can't even tell where the dragon eggs come from and are making mistakes even now with the lore

Tv show is about entertainment first and consistency second
Condal definitely said that GRRM told him that Aegon was a dreamer and that motivated his conquest of Westeros. I def think there is going to be more reveals related to The Prince that was Promised in the Dunk and Egg novels with Aegon V and or in Winds/Spring with Rhaegar.

Or there would be if they were ever written:russ: I think GRRM is now giving these little tidbits to showrunners working on the shows.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yes, Maegor usurped Aegon the Uncrowned after Aegon married his sister Rhaena and the faith started rebelling. Aneys would have told Aegon The Uncrowned about the prophecy because that was his heir, not Maegor. From there, for the prophecy to continue to be passed down it makes the most sense that Aegon told Rhaena to keep the secret until Aerea was of age, but then the shyt with Maegor and Jaehaerys happened, and once Jaehaerys became king, Rhaena told him what their older brother Aegon told her.
Yeah, Maegor was killing Aenys kids left and right, Jaehaerys was whaT was left. Luckily Jaehaerys turned out to be the greatest Targ king ever so Westeros lucked out. If he ended up like the rest of them, the realm would be effed.

This is obviously a take on the Julio Claudio dynasty, the first Roman emperors. Caligula killed all his relatives except Nero, who ended up being a f up.

But it ended the line of emperors decended from Julius Caesar and Augustus.

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Yes, Maegor usurped Aegon the Uncrowned after Aegon married his sister Rhaena and the faith started rebelling. Aneys would have told Aegon The Uncrowned about the prophecy because that was his heir, not Maegor. From there, for the prophecy to continue to be passed down it makes the most sense that Aegon told Rhaena to keep the secret until Aerea was of age, but then the shyt with Maegor and Jaehaerys happened, and once Jaehaerys became king, Rhaena told him what their older brother Aegon told her.
That's a possibility, but a lot of talking for a story that's only supposed to go from king to heir. They might as well have sent a raven by that point. It should have died w/Aegon the Uncrowned.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt Maegor or Visenya knew anything. Aegon I didn’t seem close enough to Visenya to tell her.

I think what makes the most sense is Aegon the uncrowned told Rhaena because he didn’t expect to make it. And Rhaena told Jaehaerys.

Its impossible to know for sure until GRRM writes the rest of the Dunk and Egg novels(meaning never) :francis:

You think so? I think Visenya would've been clued into why she, Aegon and Rhaenys were conquering Westeros. I think they're doing a show on them but the dynamic will be similar. Aenys is a king that's not respected because he's weak like Aegon II is. He's a good dude though but weak meanwhile Visenya's son Maegor was 6"3, 220lbs and jacked like Aegon the Conqueror and could scrap so she was wondering why the other goofy nikka was King over him. She definitely would've thought her son was TPTWP. Of course Maegor was a horrible person though. Point is, Visenya and Rhaenys weren't just women in the background. They were dragon riders and helped conquer Westeros so they should've known why Aegon wanted to do it. But thats my opinion :yeshrug:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You think so? I think Visenya would've been clued into why she, Aegon and Rhaenys were conquering Westeros. I think they're doing a show on them but the dynamic will be similar.
I honestly think the dynamic between Aegon and Visenya was similar to Viserys I and Daemon when it comes to dreams. Visenya probably would have belittled any idea that they were going to conquer some shyt because of a dream. She was about that action and wouldn't need any dreams to motivate her to conquer.

Aegon clearly loved Rhaenys but only married Visenya out of duty. So in the TV show I don't expect her to know about any prophecy.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You think so? I think Visenya would've been clued into why she, Aegon and Rhaenys were conquering Westeros. I think they're doing a show on them but the dynamic will be similar. Aenys is a king that's not respected because he's weak like Aegon II is. He's a good dude though but weak meanwhile Visenya's son Maegor was 6"3, 220lbs and jacked like Aegon the Conqueror and could scrap so she was wondering why the other goofy nikka was King over him. She definitely would've thought her son was TPTWP. Of course Maegor was a horrible person though. Point is, Visenya and Rhaenys weren't just women in the background. They were dragon riders and helped conquer Westeros so they should've known why Aegon wanted to do it. But thats my opinion :yeshrug:
Aegon was like "these two bishes fighting again, let me give these heaux a hobby." Once Rhaenys died, there was no reason to go to war anymore. so he sat down and built Kings Landing

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aegon was like "these two bishes fighting again, let me give these heaux a hobby." Once Rhaenys died, there was no reason to go to war anymore. so he sat down and built Kings Landing

Once Rhaenys went on that mission to Dorne and never came back, I know Aegon was sick :mjlol:

Stuck with his hating ass older sister he couldnt stand.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think the dynamic between Aegon and Visenya was similar to Viserys I and Daemon when it comes to dreams. Visenya probably would have belittled any idea that they were going to conquer some shyt because of a dream. She was about that action and wouldn't need any dreams to motivate her to conquer.

Aegon clearly loved Rhaenys but only married Visenya out of duty. So in the TV show I don't expect her to know about any prophecy.

I can see the bolded but, she gotta at least know about it.

Why shorty look just like Amber Heard though?

400px-Aegon_and_his_sisters_by_Amok_%28detail%29.jpg

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
It's crazy how much bigger Vhagar is compared to the other dragons. And she's supposed to be the smallest of the three dragons Aegon and his sisters rode in on :wow:
Wait. HES one of the OG dragons who conquered westeros?

Goddamn

I rewatched season 1 and saw viserys actually was the black dreads last rider. They shoulda showed a flashback or some shyt.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Wait. HES one of the OG dragons who conquered westeros?

Goddamn

I rewatched season 1 and saw viserys actually was the black dreads last rider. They shoulda showed a flashback or some shyt.

Yeah, Vhager is one of the OG dragons. She was ridden by one of Aegon the Conqueror's sisters. It's partly why she has holes in her wings and looks a little beat up. And why she's so vicious.