House of Cards - Season 4 (Official Thread)

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
How the Underwoods ended it with one of the GREATEST DIVERSION PLOY EVER is just pure genius! Frank & Claire Underwood = Agents of Chaos.
If a story came out that all but proved the president had murdered people, manipulated their way (with multiple instances of proof) into the White House, and was actively lying/deceiving the public it wouldn't play well at all. Add to that that the president would be under fire for their big program "America Works" shytting the bed. Then that same president who just got exposed is just going to start a "war" overnight?

Wouldn't play.

Good season. Entertaining show. But I'm not going to give the writers credit.

The real media would be lined up, human centipede style, to leach anything they could off of that story the broke at the end of the season. "President Underwood killed a third man tonight when he refused to release a terrorist who talked circles around him in backdoor negotiations."

I was actually looking forward to the backlash from the story breaking. I'm kind of disappointed that the writers are attempting to dismiss the entire plot point by "waging a war!" - which is really just a continuance of the war on terror. It doesn't really have the same "oh shyt, a war" impact that going to war with a superpower, or declaring war for the first time in x amount of years would have.

I digress. I hope they aren't attempting to introduce and immediately dismiss the reckoning article though.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't see how people despise Claire, but LOVE Frank. They're both pieces of shyt that I loathe. They're the exact same kind of people (entirely self-interested). If Frank were Claire, he'd pull the same kinda shyt she does.

Claire deads her moms, her body is still warm in the bedroom, and her first thought is:

"I'mma give Tom this p*ssy :jbhmm:. He deserves it :ehh:."

Frank killed Russo and showed up at the funeral like Big Red in the Five Heartbeats and shyt. :stopitslime:

They both ain't shyt. :pacspit:
My reasoning...for the period I wasn't fukking with her...is that her power trip was irrational. Frank been in politics for forever, she's been on the sideline but all of suddenly deems herself worthy of being an ambassador, a VP, etc. That jump is mind boggling, had she even been on city council or some shyt I could take her pulling power moves more serious. Anyway, I'm happy the two of them are back on the same page...at least if shyt hits the fan next season, I'll get to watch them go down swinging together - unless she does another heel turn/the ultimate fukkery goes down and she ends up president. :ohhh:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't see how people despise Claire, but LOVE Frank. They're both pieces of shyt that I loathe. They're the exact same kind of people (entirely self-interested). If Frank were Claire, he'd pull the same kinda shyt she does.

Claire deads her moms, her body is still warm in the bedroom, and her first thought is:

Frank killed Russo and showed up at the funeral like Big Red in the Five Heartbeats and shyt. :stopitslime:

In Season 3 they wrote Claire's character horribly. She was all over the place. They were trying to make her a victim but it was inconsistent with what she did. When she was secretary of state and she basically failed on her own, then tried to act like it was Frank's fault. Then she randomly tryin to force Frank into that weird rough sex knowing he was beyond suspect. Then asking for a divorce like she aint know Frank was a beast. Season 4 they brought her back to reality made her less of a victim and more of strong Underwood that she is supposed to be. The person that was all over the place this season was Doug. I don't get the dude's character now. How is he basically walking around freely punking all the other powerful people and none of them put up publicly on blast? People be going head up with Frank but get all timid around Doug :mindblown:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If a story came out that all but proved the president had murdered people, manipulated their way (with multiple instances of proof) into the White House, and was actively lying/deceiving the public it wouldn't play well at all. Add to that that the president would be under fire for their big program "America Works" shytting the bed. Then that same president who just got exposed is just going to start a "war" overnight?

Wouldn't play.

Good season. Entertaining show. But I'm not going to give the writers credit.

The real media would be lined up, human centipede style, to leach anything they could off of that story the broke at the end of the season. "President Underwood killed a third man tonight when he refused to release a terrorist who talked circles around him in backdoor negotiations."

I was actually looking forward to the backlash from the story breaking. I'm kind of disappointed that the writers are attempting to dismiss the entire plot point by "waging a war!" - which is really just a continuance of the war on terror. It doesn't really have the same "oh shyt, a war" impact that going to war with a superpower, or declaring war for the first time in x amount of years would have.

I digress. I hope they aren't attempting to introduce and immediately dismiss the reckoning article though.

Having the entire nation watch brutal killing of an American by Islamic terrorists, the LAST thing they'll be thinking about is a internal scandal. They'll be fearing for that being one of them.

Which is a sad truth with our society today. Distraction and fear always been effect controls to the American public. That news article is already an after thought.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Claire was fukking with the gameplan :camby:
Like bish, now is not the time:camby:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Ep. 13......
The way that convo escalated :huhldup::whoa:
Also, I feel they crammed a lot of fukkery in one season:patrice:

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
up to ep 6 spoiler

These dream sequences are too Sopranos-esque. I'm not saying other shows haven't done it but it just feels too much like to me.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
shyt reminded me of bobby bacala at the cabin when tony finally pushed his last button. every man has their limit and that rib request in that southern drawl sent freddy over his. only thing he didnt do was beat the shyt outta frank which he woulda got murdered for, but alas...

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Ep. 13......
The way that convo escalated :huhldup::whoa:
Also, I feel they crammed a lot of fukkery in one season:patrice:
crammed alot in, but also stretched it out. like a big ass straw made of only bendy and its just bunched together in sections. cant believe they made it through this season and didnt even have the election. i still think somewhere down this fukkery line claire is gonna be pres and send my blood pressure to Jupiter...cant wait