Hospitalized with an ulcer. Help me

Mr. Negative

Can't change overnight like Ebenezer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:gucci:wtf is wrong with y'all? If you got medical problems these internet nikkas can't help you. Leave the house until you have answers

it's fear. (no offense, OP)

Nowadays when someone starts having what they feel are serious symptoms of something, the first thing they do is hit the internet to prepare themselves for what a doctor may tell them.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
happened to me a while ago. woke up in extreme pain and was shytting bright red blood. went to the hospital and had a endoscopy and it was fine. went away a day later. im good now.

its probably nothing OP. make sure you go through the steps to make sure youre fine and youll be fine.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They found the bleed & closed it..now im on protonix drip. Should be released tomorrow, they feel confident that Im good to go.

They give you any tecta? I got an endoscopy three days ago, they found 4 spots that might develop into ulcers and gave me an prescription for tecta.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Something similar, docs said I was fine even though I still didn't feel 100. . .had to say fukk it and keep pushing forward I can go right now and they'll tell me everything looks fine . .

Least we got youth on our side, seem like docs more worried about freeing up a room than the patient.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I passed out twice Tuesday & diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer after my doctor found blood in my stool ( scary shyt ). I got an endoscopy on Thursday but the clinic weren't confident they fully addressed it due to tbe location. They sent me to the main hospital where Im still at now. Was going home today, but thought i was gonna pass out last night so my release is delayed. They are confident the bleeding has stopped & dont have a reason why I felt faint last night. My bloodwork on point & maybe I just got panicky. Anybody been in this position or dealt with anything similar ?
They are pretty much going to tell you to stop taking ibuprofen/Tylenol because of the acetaminophen..
Long term uses of these drugs can ruin the lining of your stomach and cause
cirrhosis of the liver..
Find a reputable gastrointestinal doctor to see if you need a colonoscopy as well. I had three polyps and a tumor removed and I’m also being treated for ibs and Crohn’s disease. my current gastro doctor is an ass so once my new insurance starts, going to find another one..
See if they prescribe omeprazole, dicyclomine or another antibiotic that stops gas, acid reflux and cramping of your stomach.
Also start taking probiotics and drinking more water.
When I say drink more water, triple your normal intake..
Also keep a eye on your stool because if it becomes dark or tar looking, you may have bleeding some where else..
They probably will do a cat scan or ultrasound of your intestines(if they haven’t already)..
Watch your soda, caffeine and sugar intake as well..
Those are irritatents of your stomach and bowels..
Decrease your stress..
I truly am living a fukk it attitude at the moment because I still don’t have a true diagnosis..
Good luck

Last edited:

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
I'm admitted in the gastro clinic now. The ulcer was due to years of mad ibprofen. A nikka had toilet bowl full of blood too. Didn't know if others dealt with a bleeding ulcer ?

If you’re black,

Stay away from those OTC pills too.

Colon cancer ain’t no joke, you might have to make a lifestyle change to prevent the shyt

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for the input. Fyi, I never had any pain from the ulcer, other than hittin the floor from passing out. Since the blood was dark they knew it was an upper GI issue. They gonna have me on a proton pump for 8 weeks then rescope. They do say I need to increase my water intake. They want straight clear urine