Hospital worker "I’m truly hoping that the new Omicron variant fukks people up."

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No, the solution is for anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated.​

I disagree with your opinion on the vaccine but I respect it. But even if I didn’t, it wouldn’t matter. We don’t have to support each other’s opinions. You gonna do what you gonna do and I’m gonna do what I’m gonna do. The same way this dude is crying about his job. He don’t have to respect they decision. It wasn’t gonna change shyt anyway. His bytch ass need to gon head and hand that 2 week notice in.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
How? The only way I could see this happening would be if they opted for housing supplied by the agency rather than take the lodging stipend. And even then, the hourly rate + food/incidentals stipend is there.

I initially put it up to poor money-management, but the stipends/allotments didn't cover her expenses as she'd been lead to understand.​

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
If possible I recommend nurses to quit their current spot and go travel right now. My sister in law is getting $3500 a week with travel assignments. You still gonna be treated like shyt but you might as well get paid for it.
To be honest that aint even close to the top pay some nurses making now

Travel or not

They throwing $ at people in the medical field but its mandatory crazy overtime

I know a RN making $100 an hour but she works 80 hours a week

I know a Radiology Tech that just took a job making $90 and hour with a crazy amount of mandatory overtime

I also know of a Respiratory Therapist that just got out of school in the middle of the pandemic and she was offered $50 and hour at her 1st job

All 3 non traveling positions

They getting paid but the toll on them mentally and physically is shyt they cant handle

Daps
Reppin
St louis
R8X73rD.gif

5kaMzRU.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m tired, and so is everyone I work with. I was a combat medic, then an LPN, and now I’m a medical technologist for a big clinic. I’ve always done whatever it was for my patients. I would’ve taken a bullet, ran through IED infested fields, died for my brothers, got COVID, worked back to back 10 hour shifts because everyone else quit, the fukking list goes on. My urgent care department and ICU are entirely full of unvaccinated fukking morons right now. They’re fukking up everything for patients who actually need our care and can’t get into the emergency department at our hospital due to them also being swarmed with fukkheads. I’ve never thought this, but after having over 150 patients a day with only three providers and our nurses crying in our lab, I’m over it. I’m tired of so many patients thinking it’s bullshyt until they’re sitting on deaths door and beginning for treatment. I’m tired of working 60 hour weeks because we’re so understaffed.

I’ve always felt like this was my calling. I’ve loved patient care and interacting with patients, taking care of them, making sure they felt comfortable and safe, and this last week has truly changed me.

When the news broke out about the Omicron variant, I immediately hoped that it was the most lethal yet, and that it just wrecked havoc on the population, and that was such a horrible thing of me to think and I’ve never felt like this. I don’t even care at this point and I want people who are still doubting the severity of this virus to suffer.

Even writing this I feel bad, but part of me is just over it all. I am emotionally dead after struggling so much for the past two years.

:picard:

Severely burned out, he needs a vacation

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
To many foreigners
To many women
To many old women.

As support staff in hospitals. During a pandemic? You're really brave to count on this in an emergency

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
that’s because Minneapolis negros are smart :manny:
I'm a respiratory therapist and primarily work in the ER and one of the ICU'S that treat covid patients. It's frustrating how things are but there's never been a time in the past almost two years have I ever had those type of thoughts. :unimpressed:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Nurses I've spoken with say it isn't worth the money because you have to pay for lodging, travel, food, etc. By the time you get paid, you barely made more than if you stayed where you were and, often times, you lose money.​
It depends on the agency you're working for. The good agencies will cover your hotel and give a stipend for food (usually about $50 a day).