Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The first 2 times I fought them I was back pedaling like crazy. Now I've killed two of them at once.
Once you know their move sets you can dominate most fights.

See what would be even crazier is if the robots a.i. actively evolves and you can see it change tactics that would be insane!!! :gladbron:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
See what would be even crazier is if the robots a.i. actively evolves and you can see it change tactics that would be insane!!! :gladbron:
That would be dope, but I don't hold it against them since the game does a great job of exposing you to new enemy types at a steady pace and when you have one enemy figured out it starts to throw different enemy combinations at you forcing you to stay on your toes at all times.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs....I just started getting new weapons and I am level 21 :heh:

I was sleeping on getting better ropecaster, slings and tripcadters :snoop:

I be running out of ammo cause some of these machines require a lot of work :damn:

I got 4 skill points on deck. What should I upgrade next?

- double shot arrows?

- looting extra resources?

-

I need advice :damn:

lol....we cant tell you what to use the points on cause we dont know how you play....the best advice i can give you is put points in the skills that fit your play style first.....since you get points easier at lower levels...

for me, i'm big on exploring & staying fulled loaded with shyt, so i put a lot of points in the scavenger tree so i get more resources from shyt....

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
earlier in the game i was using the blast sling kinda like an arrow, the aim didn't have arc or anything. I'm back to the regular sling note though. anybody know how i was doing that?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone know where there are a lot of foxes? Or where I can buy fox skin? Every time I kill a fox I only get meat or fox bone. I thought the harvest arrows would help but I've only got skin once so far.

when looking at the map, it's gonna be the area up and to the east from where you start the game, near the stadium, the ring of metal mission.....it looks like a forest on the map, has a grazer site....if that doesnt work, just go to any area with a lot of trees....

naw, you cant buy fox skin, you have to get it dropped for you....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
advanced the story some, and finally got access to some of those shadow weapons...it's on like a muthafukka....

side note: while running around getting materials to buy the weapons, while going to a sawtooth site at night, i saw some shyt just flying in the air...had me shook at first cause i didnt know what it was....i still dont lol.....guess i have to advance the story more cause it wouldnt scan for me....whatever that shyt was, it was big, and i cant wait to have to battle it...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
advanced the story some, and finally got access to some of those shadow weapons...it's on like a muthafukka....

side note: while running around getting materials to buy the weapons, while going to a sawtooth site at night, i saw some shyt just flying in the air...had me shook at first cause i didnt know what it was....i still dont lol.....guess i have to advance the story more cause it wouldnt scan for me....whatever that shyt was, it was big, and i cant wait to have to battle it...

:sadcam:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
For all of you that aren't aware, getting all the sun medals in the hunter trials gets you the best weapons.

There's only an additional 3, won't name them, but they all have better handling the ones you can buy from the merchants.

Oh and double/triple arrow is worthless unless you like using those status arrows. Once you get good handling mods on your hunter bow that shyt destroys. I also can two shot a thunderjaw with my corrupt arrows to get the status effect. it's all about dem mods.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im playing like a whole ho out here. silent attack, a few ice/shock balls, a fire arrow or two, then im running my ass off til they leave me alone

lol...in the words of cube: if you scared, go to church....but you know what, you might have to woman up with aloy cause:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
For all of you that aren't aware, getting all the sun medals in the hunter trials gets you the best weapons.

There's only an additional 3, won't name them, but they all have better handling the ones you can buy from the merchants.

Oh and double/triple arrow is worthless unless you like using those status arrows. Once you get good handling mods on your hunter bow that shyt destroys. I also can two shot a thunderjaw with my corrupt arrows to get the status effect. it's all about dem mods.

I thought shadow were the best weapons

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
The Ropecaster brings the bytch out these machines :mjlol:

I need to record some these attack animations :ohlawd:

Jumpshots and sliding silent strikes are so smooth :banderas:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol...that's nothing....at one point i was exploring, opening up the map, and saw a pond/lake with a lil island in the middle with a house on it...was gonna jump in/swim to it, but said naw, i'll walk around first.....get to the other side of it, looked at it, and saw 3 fukking snapmaws chilling in the water in front of it....if i wouldve swam, i wouldve gotten fukked up.....but since i didnt and stayed on land, aloy now giving gator purses to all the matriarchs, and gator shoes/belts to nora brave hunters for bdays & christmas lol...

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

me too.... @KOBE there are weapons better than shadow?....you dont have to say the name of it if you dont wanna spoil it, a simple yes or no will do...if the answer is yes, that gives me something to go hunting for....

KOBE

Superstar
Daps

me too.... @KOBE there are weapons better than shadow?....you dont have to say the name of it if you dont wanna spoil it, a simple yes or no will do...if the answer is yes, that gives me something to go hunting for....

Nope, hunter lodge weapons have the same stats as shadow with nearly double the handling.

Handling is how quick it takes to reload/get your weapon to full accuracy(as in the time it takes to pull the bow string back so the show goes where you line it up).

gottah8me

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D(M)V
Handling is how quick it takes to reload/get your weapon to full accuracy(as in the time it takes to pull the bow string back so the show goes where you line it up).

:mjcry:I'm still running around with the default bow. Which mods do you have installed on your Bows?