Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I liked this game a lot but I just interest in it. By the time I got to the DLC area I was kinda burned out because the game play mechanics weren't really that different from the base game. But over all it's a good game.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The storm bird is a terrifying beast:merchant:
I been rocking for a few hours today. The game never really clicked with me until like today.
My least favorite enemy in the game (up until the final fight of The Frozen Wilds). Targeting its weak points is a mess in the air and it is one of the more tanky enemies you face. At least with a Thunderjaw it feels like you can apply different tactics and strategies to facing it. The Stormbird is basically the game hitting you with the 'Good luck wasting ammo and running around wildly for 10 minutes'.

full

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My least favorite enemy in the game (up until the final fight of The Frozen Wilds). Targeting its weak points is a mess in the air and it is one of the more tanky enemies you face. At least with a Thunderjaw it feels like you can apply different tactics and strategies to facing it. The Stormbird is basically the game hitting you with the 'Good luck wasting ammo and running around wildly for 10 minutes'.

full
better bring an umbrella, bytch :russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Storm Bird was the only beast that made me use the Rattler. It's the only way to make the motherfukker not destroy you :damn:

I need to revisit this shyt on Ultra Hard, shyt was an experience :wow:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I think it may be unlocked for a first run now.... but as I remember, you could only get ultra hard with new game+

is this game dope how would you describe it ?
i see it for 10 goty at walmart i got a 5 dollar coupon burning in my pocket
how long til it starts getting good ?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
is this game dope how would you describe it ?
i see it for 10 goty at walmart i got a 5 dollar coupon burning in my pocket
how long til it starts getting good ?
i'd recommend this game to anyone who's ever been okay with open world games. for 10 bucks its a fukking steal man....

give it about 2-3 hours before you 'leave' the first area, but even there it was pretty damn good and had me sold on being quality at the very least.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is decent.

Graphics are good, voice acting is good, the central plot is good. The overall production value and presentation are top notch

Game suffer from lousy melee combat, and human combat. It’s fun fighting the dinosaurs. It almost feels like the humans were just thrown in to add variety, you can’t block or parry their moves or anything.

The actual characters are kind of lame also. I honestly didn’t like any of them, aloy is typical strong female archetype, no flaws or nuanced personality traits at all. She’s a hero and thats her mission thats it. She doesn’t grow or change throughout the journey at all she just learns more stuff about the world.

Traversal is also kind of bland, you can ride a mount and you can auto climb a cliff if it has markers.

I’m hoping for part 2 they really expand upon all those things