Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just finished the game on normal. Going to try to get the platinum and then start a NG+ on Ultra Hard. Even on normal I'd die maybe 1-2 times for the tougher fights

Is it considered cheating if you do it with the shield armor? How hard is Ultra hard? :lupe:
ultra hard is ultra hard across the board

gear costs more, resources gotta get stretched, certain enemies are way more aggressive or way more defensive (like thunderjaws or other enemies seemingly consciously hiding their weakspots), expect a LOT of stuff to one shot you.

you end up treating a lot of fights differently but everything feels a lot more rewarding

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I am at the part where i have to do the three random missions to prove to the chief i am worthy.

How much longer do i have?
there's a lot of side stuff. i did most of the sidequests before i even went back to him so i'm not entirely sure how to gauge it. i was pretty much able to walk right up to him with no issue

the last mission is LONG though. i'll say that much

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
there's a lot of side stuff. i did most of the sidequests before i even went back to him so i'm not entirely sure how to gauge it. i was pretty much able to walk right up to him with no issue

the last mission is LONG though. i'll say that much
Yeah i did the water factory and the tall neck before i did the shamans path.

This game so lit.

Beautiful

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah i did the water factory and the tall neck before i did the shamans path.

This game so lit.

Beautiful
it really is. i was always kinda hating on 4k stuff before but rolling through the Cut is just jawdropping at times. I was fighting a scorcher while one of those nasty snowstorms going on and i was just stunned for a while

like, i call the dlc a re-skin because some of the assets really are straight out the bag - but that doesn't diminish the quality at all. if anything it just reinforces how crazy good this game is and how devote these devs are. wait til you see some of the areas in the final mission too. there's a few places in the interior that are just unreal

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The giant fire bear things fukked me up:to:

Thought I was good with the power armor that recharges. Nope.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The giant fire bear things fukked me up:to:

Thought I was good with the power armor that recharges. Nope.
that might've been the hardest boss fight i've had since armored core 4A or ace combat 0

like you have SO much shyt to dodge and your npcs draw almost no attention either

i don't think i've ever had to switch weapons so much during the game which is fukking crazy because they let you roll with 4 at a time as well as give you all the bombs you could ask for in the item menu

i had the ground LACED with explosives at one point and had to use the time slowing shyt on the fukking sling it got so bad

what's wild is I didn't even want to hit his weak spots because he was so close to me for the whole fight that if I did trigger the explosion from it, the damage would've forced me to heal then i would've got swarmed and beat into the dirt instantly

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
that might've been the hardest boss fight i've had since armored core 4A or ace combat 0

like you have SO much shyt to dodge and your npcs draw almost no attention either

i don't think i've ever had to switch weapons so much during the game which is fukking crazy because they let you roll with 4 at a time as well as give you all the bombs you could ask for in the item menu

i had the ground LACED with explosives at one point and had to use the time slowing shyt on the fukking sling it got so bad

what's wild is I didn't even want to hit his weak spots because he was so close to me for the whole fight that if I did trigger the explosion from it, the damage would've forced me to heal then i would've got swarmed and beat into the dirt instantly
shyts seriously got me thinkin bout startin a new game on story mode difficulty just so I can beat this expansion:mjlol:

I did trade in some bluegleam to upgrade my bow. This thing is mean:jawalrus:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
shyts seriously got me thinkin bout startin a new game on story mode difficulty just so I can beat this expansion:mjlol:

I did trade in some bluegleam to upgrade my bow. This thing is mean:jawalrus:
ultra hard ain't no joke man... i just did it because i love the gameplay

i don't think these bosses are nearly as aggressive normally. this fireclaw was fukking.me.up though

legit fighting game combos and shyt

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
ultra hard ain't no joke man... i just did it because i love the gameplay

i don't think these bosses are nearly as aggressive normally. this fireclaw was fukking.me.up though

legit fighting game combos and shyt
With this DLC you could tell the went an old school Nintendo route and just increased difficultly by several notches. They just took the knob and spun it seems. I would call in a mount over and over to get stomped and take blows for me while I recovered lol.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
With this DLC you could tell the went an old school Nintendo route and just increased difficultly by several notches. They just took the knob and spun it seems. I would call in a mount over and over to get stomped and take blows for me while I recovered lol.
they got rid of the whole taking over machines crutch too :mjlol: i really jumped into a 3 on 1 fight at the final mission looking around for a machine to handle my light work for me. got down there and looked around for a minute then :mjcry: and loaded up a save

demonic behemoth wasn't having none of it. pushed my wig all the way to the side

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Horizon Zero Dawn'

See I had a feeling there'd be things here that you could miss.
That whole list is a bunch of bullshyt written be a lazy unattentive asshat. All those things you can easily pay attention to a pick up on, or simply looking at the map. This dude is out here looking for short cuts and missing the point of the game. You're suppose to wonder around and explore and find out things as you go. Aloy has never been in the world, its all new to her too.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is driving me up a fukking wall. I just spent about an hour trying to finish this mission(The one where you find Olin at the camp with the cultist leader and then it says to kill the corrupted machines and cultists.)

I swear, I'm either unprepared or something. I eventually figured out you can shoot those logs and have them drop on the machines but that shyt take too long and :snoop:

I just turned this shyt off :snoop:

I'm REALLY not feeling like this game on some real shyt. It's about a 7 to me right now. Honestly I feel Zelda spoiled me. It plays way better.